Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Primadox would be terrible in that deck. There needs to be multiple useful targets to return <4cmc. Not familiar with the environment, but any environment with grafted wargear is likely going to be too fast for that type of recursion.

Has anyone ever tried this or considered to do so? I love Wildfire.dec, but my powerlevel is not too high, so I figured, this could be a nice card for the deck. Maybe. I'm not sure though, if it is similar enough to really help the deck. Leaving your opponent with their best permanents might be too bad.

Has anyone ever tried this or considered to do so? I love Wildfire.dec, but my powerlevel is not too high, so I figured, this could be a nice card for the deck. Maybe. I'm not sure though, if it is similar enough to really help the deck. Leaving your opponent with their best permanents might be too bad.

Seems like an interesting card. I'd really want to playtest it before commenting on whether it's good or bad, and/or even acts like a toned-down Wildfire, although I'm envisioning plenty of board states where I would definitively not want to cast this card, even if I could afford to. The main things that strikes me about it is it seems a little more narrow than what I'm looking for in a gold card.

If you are looking for a lower power level Wildfire, how about one of:

Curious if anyone has experience with this guy as a lower-powered blue finisher:

I've been very unhappy with my options for blue 6-drops, but this card piques my interest. I don't support opponent mill, but self-mill is very present and desirable in my blue section, and I love the combination of good stats and resilience being checked a bit by a lack of evasion for the casting cost. Anyone had good or bad experiences?

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I would probably only run it if I had a broader UB or UBW zombies package. The meme potential is just too great in combination with:

And misc externalize/embalm creatures

Probably not? I'm in the same boat, I can't find anything good either. Draining whelk is probably best. I'm playing aethersnipe but it's hardly a finisher.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I like

You don't even need any other artifacts. If you can protect him, his tokens will slowly snowball all by themselves.

I really like Rise from the Tides. Build-arounds that are the second half of their synergy are great, like Living Death, and less like Young Pyromancer.

Anyway, this has been in my cube virtually from the beginning:

Also relate to this problem, although having a finisher in blue in not really essential. A control deck can rely on the other colors for a finisher - and if you're drafting mono blue control, get creative. That said, I'm testing:

Agree with Rise from the Tides being the coolest blue finisher.

I will also confirm, that Rise from the Tides is the coolest finisher for slightly lower power levels. With a high enough spell density, it could also work in a stronger environment I suppose.

Beside that, I'm a huge fan of this card:

It's not only a huge flier, it also loots quite a bit over the course of the remaining game. Bonus if you have graveyard or sacrifice synergies.

Then I run this guy, mostly for nostalgia reasons, but sometimes having a simple, elegant card is also nice. Still does his job:

Dom Harvey

Contributor
It's great with my low-key fave

Which is incredibly strong if you have enough Auras in your format - sadly not many do

It's great with my low-key fave

Which is incredibly strong if you have enough Auras in your format - sadly not many do

It doesn't as written work with Bestow, right? I ended up with a lot of Bestow guys in my format to fill a number of the aura slots.