General Modern Horizons

What are they doing today, so much great stuff one day before the end. Is this better than the King of Flicker?

ZHBLoTe.png VS.

It depends on what Brago is doing for you currently. If he's consistently blinking a lot of things at once to generate maximum value, then Soulherder won't be able to replicate that effectively. If you only ever find yourself blinking a particular creature to reap value, then Soulherder is likely better. Do note that Soulherder can only blink creatures while Brago is any nonland permanent.

This looks like an interesting instant/sorcery enabler.
everdream.jpg

I've never really seen Brago do a whole lot in my environment the few times I tried him out, very slow with not getting a hit in until T5 on average, but I'm very interested in Soulherder. The interactions with ANY exile effect is pretty interesting and its at a perfect spot in the curve for cards that you'd want to blink for value with that EOT trigger:

I REALLY like soulherder. Finally the excuse I needed to get rid of that white eldrazi whatzizface. Great archetype anchor, without being outright overbearing in any particular way.

Daaaaaaamn ! I hate to love the herder: right when i was going to cut blink from the supported themes.... guess my poor beloved Mistmeadow Witch is doomed at this point :(.
One thing that may bother me it's that he directly compares with the low-powered cards of my +1/+1 section while also supporting another whole archetype by himself: i mean my Selesnya player could feel a little cheated.

Remember last week when we were raving over how amazing WAR was for cube?

Anyone run a very mild ETB Azorius package? The stuff shamizy posted is way stronger than what I'd run.

Brago blinking multiple permanents, and noncreature permanents, has been very relevant for my environment. Venser, the Sojourner might finally get the boot though, especially since both my azorius and white sections are heavy on 5 drops.

Remember last week when we were raving over how amazing WAR was for cube?

Anyone run a very mild ETB Azorius package? The stuff shamizy posted is way stronger than what I'd run.
Was it really though?

Just kidding, it totally was. Ever since that new Play Design team has gotten their hands on things Magic sets have gotten way better as a whole. Before, only one set in a blue moon (read: Amonkhet) would actually make an impact on the format, but now, pretty much every set has a number of cubeable pieces. Basically everything since Guilds of Ravnica has been complete gas.

I can also imagine not wanting to give one of my creatures summoning sickness during my upkeep.

I did think of that too, thankfully Rebound is a "may" ability, but that doesn't come up very often for other rebound cards. I'll likely test Ephemerate, but I doubt a sometimes but not always better cloudshift will be enough to warrant an inclusion even in my low-powered list

This set actually looks like it was designed for cube. After WAR amking me think about cube completely different (planeswalkers as more interactive enchantments) this set adresses A LOT of problems certain archetypes always had in cube. For example, the Soulherder is a non-toxic way of having a repetitive blink effect while also being a growing threat if you don't have something to abuse with the blinking.

I also like how a lot of classics from my favourite MtG era (INV/ODY/ONS/7th) are included in this set. Those are also favourites in a lot of cubes here, too. :)

I wish it was a little more interactive.

Brago, King Eternal had to attack and could get blocked.

However I do like that it can sort of be an anchor in a Blink deck because it also grows from other blinks. Kind of like how Aristocrats work!