One Pack One Pick (p1p1 thread)

Is Agent that strong? Giving up X individual picks for one pack of X cards seems like it's rarely a winning value proposition.
It's completely dependent on the RNG of the cube shuffle- probably just me but I'm cursed with having a third+ of my deck in a single pack. I'll be UR spells, and then pack 2 pick 2 will be something like

And the rest of the packs will be basically dead.

Probably a mild exaggeration but I swear this shit happens to me the majority of my drafts, no matter how hard I shuffle or what archetype I am.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Interesting. Though I'll admit I'm running quite a few of those cards :p
I think in the dark I'm taking Keiga? I think there's a higher ceiling on Blasting Station, but if you say the power level has indeed dropped, I'm less inclined to think it's a better pick if I'm chaining off Reassembling Skeleton as my recursive creature of choice instead of gravecrawlers/bloodghasts.

I'm kind of tempted by the Wayfarer's Bauble, but if I'm being honest I think I would take the Jeskai Ascendancy and try and build around it.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, I feel bad for making a 'boring' pick, but Wayfarer's Bauble is the safe choice that I'd probably go with. Especially knowing that multicolour is heavily supported in Onder's list!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think I would take Elite Scaleguard. That thing is such a beast, and there are multiple cards that synergize well with it. It even has 2 power for Reveillark!

No one else posting a pack? I'm going to post another pack myself if you don't do something! :p

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Mmmm, let's see a pack from someone new. Shamizy/Dom/FSR/Goldenpineapple - any takers?

Whilst we're waiting for someone to show off their own cube, I've always been intrigued by the Eldrazi Domain cube so I made a pack from that:

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Probably Archangel, though I'm a bit worried going in on an archetype 5 drop this early. It's probably better enough than one of the cards that keeps me open like map, scalding tarn or tribal flames that I'm willing to do it.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Yeah, I gotta pick Archangel here. Furnace Celebration looks good in this list, but I think overall its low power enough that I just want to take the OP angel.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I pulled a pack that didn't have any custom text to keep this simple.

I try, but it's basically fruitless :p
I think I'm on tombstalker here. A lot of these cards seem like cards I'd wheel for being in a strategy, rather than cards that pull me into a strategy.
Is diabolic Edict even good?