General [Riptide Draft] Saturday 26 March 2016 @ 2pm EST

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Since we now have the capabilities of doing online drafts with Penny Pincer (myself) or Jason's/Safra's cubes (Jason, Safra, James, Aoret) we may as well use them right?

I think trying to do them every weekend was a little bit too much of an ask so why not just do them over the holidays? Since we all have around 4 days off, surely there is one day where we can dedicate 3-4 hours of our life to an online draft :p

This is mainly just to drum up interest first, to see if people are keen.
I just want you to post when you could be most available over those days. To get a heads up on what day works best for everyone, so we can make that the permanent date.
I know this is a bit early, I will bump this again closer to the date to get more confirmations.
I guess aiming for the usual 2pm EST is what we will start at, but I am open to any time that is better.

Date:
Saturday 26th March 2pm EST

Drafters confirmed:
1. Kirblinx
2. Aston
3. Aoret
4. Safra
5. Jason Waddell

Interested Parties:
Meltyman
James Stevenson
Dom Harvey
Grillo_Parlante
Vennythekid

My willingness to try these cubes hasn't gotten any response, but i will try again!

I would like to try these cubes if you happen to need players.

Guess there might be trust issues since you haven't seen me IRL or talked to me, but all i can say is, that i really don't need to steal cards from anyone, i have plenty :)

And i probably could squeeze in a whole draft + games at those dates.

Aoret

Developer
Just a heads up that I've been getting a LOT of down/up notifications for Cloudshift the past couple weeks, so that could be an extra hurdle. Downtime is usually short, around 1 to 5 min but I've seen 30m+ a few times.

I haven't had time to figure out wtf is going on with Meteor. Haven't changed code since the bugfixes the first week after I released it, so I don't think it's anything my app in particular is doing. If somebody has the time on their hands, I'm pretty sure I didn't obfuscate my source so you should just be able to nab it with your chrome inspector or whatever and throw up a mirror somewhere.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
You guys wanna draft my cube this weekend? I could host/admin it on either Friday or Saturday.

Friday is cool for me too. Although, that only makes 3 people at this point :\

Just a heads up that I've been getting a LOT of down/up notifications for Cloudshift the past couple weeks, so that could be an extra hurdle. Downtime is usually short, around 1 to 5 min but I've seen 30m+ a few times.

I haven't had time to figure out wtf is going on with Meteor. Haven't changed code since the bugfixes the first week after I released it, so I don't think it's anything my app in particular is doing. If somebody has the time on their hands, I'm pretty sure I didn't obfuscate my source so you should just be able to nab it with your chrome inspector or whatever and throw up a mirror somewhere.
I may check this out later. Thanks for the heads up. I doubt anything will go wrong when we use it, but it is nice to know what the problem is if we ever run into it.
I have a domain, so I can run a mirror on that. I'll see if I can steal your code :p

Okay, let's do Friday the 26th, 2PM Eastern (11AM PST), unless there's another time of day that works better for our international crew.

Ideally we'll get eight people but if not I figure we'll draft with bots or a ringer or something, and I'll put together Swiss rounds.

Okay, let's do Friday the 26th, 2PM Eastern (11AM PST), unless there's another time of day that works better for our international crew.

Ideally we'll get eight people but if not I figure we'll draft with bots or a ringer or something, and I'll put together Swiss rounds.

Means 21.00 or 9PM my time, works for me!

Aoret

Developer
Friday is a no go for me, would be down to do something over the holiday though! :D

Also, Kirblinx... I'm really sorry for what a mess that source code is. Especially the bootstrap layout. God.

I can join too, definitly for the draft, maybe for a few rounds depending on how i feel (sick with the flu currently)

Okay, team, here's the plan. We'll gather in Skype (PM me if you're not in the Skype group!) to organize, and run a draft of my MTGO cube over drafts.wtf. Please see also for more detail:
How to Participate in a RipLab Draft

Okay, assuming that works, we'll also do a Utility Land draft, with 3 picks each. After the ULD, Cloudshift your list and get the cards from me according to the How to Participate thread. I'll assign pairings and we'll play some games!

t minus thirty minutes, folks.

I'll try to stream my games at twitch.tv/chai_tea_latte but can't stream the draft or anything like that, I'll still be doing stuff behind the scenes. If you're streaming, post in the thread so people know.

Aoret

Developer
Commented live on it, unsure if you saw or not, but it seemed like the stream lagged when you started up youtube for music. I was looking at stale, still images for long periods of time :(

If I had to guess, you're CPU bound on the OBS encoding. Cheapest fix is likely to run youtube on your phone instead of your pc during streams (although this may necessitate a Korean progamer style earbuds-and-headset situation....)

Here's my 1-2 deck from the draft earlier. Hopefully with Aoret's advice and some reconfiguring on my end the streams won't be choppy any more, so that's nice! I drafted an early Jeskai Ascendancy and then ended up in the Knight-Retreat combo as well. The rest of the deck is a bit shaky, and I missed a couple combo lines (in the first game against Kirbilinx, I miss the ability to remand my Mox Diamond for lethal prowess triggers, and in round 3 I misclick and lose my Knight to a baleful strix) but it was a real blast to play.

8gBMcuy.png

Here's my 1-2 deck from the draft earlier. Hopefully with Aoret's advice and some reconfiguring on my end the streams won't be choppy any more, so that's nice! I drafted an early Jeskai Ascendancy and then ended up in the Knight-Retreat combo as well. The rest of the deck is a bit shaky, and I missed a couple combo lines (in the first game against Kirbilinx, I miss the ability to remand my Mox Diamond for lethal prowess triggers, and in round 3 I misclick and lose my Knight to a baleful strix) but it was a real blast to play.

8gBMcuy.png
Love that you also have the Life // death and Ascendancy synergy going :D