Sets (RNA) Ravnica Allegiance Spoilers

Well, hatte to complain again, but once more the last keyword seemed to be a better fit. Evolve was more interesting at least.

"Torment" (or whatever name they decided to apply that French to) seems like a sweet replacement for Kolaghan's Command, a card I've long had some amount of distaste for, but haven't removed on account of it's usefulness. Nice!

It seems like you are no longer a Ravnica fan? :)

I love the plane/setting and the first block as much as always.
But that doesn't mean I can't be critical on new things set on that plane right? And Adapt is just a strictly worse monstrosity, so ... :p

I love the plane/setting and the first block as much as always.
But that doesn't mean I can't be critical on new things set on that plane right? And Adapt is just a strictly worse monstrosity, so ... :p

Not strictly worse, it is instant speed. Great fit for UG, mechanically. In terms of flavor, though, it is weird.

Laz

Developer
You can do it again if you take all the counters off. Probably there'll be a rare or pushed uncommon that does it.

This seems to be the primary thing that separates it from Monstrous, well, that and the 'when ~ becomes monstrous', but if they don't have at least one card with 'when ~ adapts' or 'when a +1/+1 counter is placed on ~' with this mechanic I will add a Sol Ring to my cube.

Moving counters around is always a pretty cute mechanic, and I hope it plays nice with what at least one other guild is doing.

Okay, I admit, it's not strictly worse. But strictly less interesting than Evolve, Graft or Proliferate would have been.

Here is me hoping that there will be at least an interesting design Witz non-mana adapt costs. How about a mongrel variant that adapts for a discard, Wizards please?

Undetstandable, that card is a bless. This time there is only Gruul and Orzhov for you, right?

I'm crossing my fingers to have the Gruul cards somehow help with my red/green aggro madness archetype, even though I have not much hope for this set. That deck needs more support desperarely in my singleton world.

Okay that's an interesting mechanic with choices. When you're beating down, you might want the haste. But when you need to stabilize, a bigger creature is advantageous. Also, when the opponent can stabilize/block against your hasty creatures, you could still give them troubles with the slower, bigger version.

I also smell green aggro love.

S M A S H !

en_EP8R7WmM2R.png
I'm pretty sure he just knocked over the Coffee from Experimental Frenzy...

Good thing I drink tea.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Undetstandable, that card is a bless. This time there is only Gruul and Orzhov for you, right?

I'm crossing my fingers to have the Gruul cards somehow help with my red/green aggro madness archetype, even though I have not much hope for this set. That deck needs more support desperarely in my singleton world.

Yup, just Gruul and Orhov. Both afterlife and riot are good mechanics though, so I might find some adds! :)