Sets (RNA) Ravnica Allegiance Spoilers

Alright alright shamizy, you silver-tongued bastard! You convinced me.

Heh, while I still hold out for hopes for another gold color sacrifice outlet, I think Diva will finally be my Rakdos 5th.

seraphofthescales.jpg

This certainly is a pile of words. I sort of agree with some of the comments over at mythicspoilers, does this really feel like a mythic? (Also is the angel pregnant, is that why we get two spirits?)

It's just a big but boring pile of stats.
Also, so much for afterlife numbers fitting the number of creatures represented in the cards ...

teysakarlov.jpg

Now that's more like it. Decent 2/4 body, gives tokens some keywords to play defensively, and it becomes a Panharmonicon for all death triggers? Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat triggers? Draw 2, take 2 off Midnight Reaper? Yahenni, Undying Partisan gets super swole with every trade/removal spell? If this keeps up, I swear I'm going to have like 50 new cards in my cube by the time the 3rd Ravnica set is completely spoiled. These are some great designs being churned out.

Speculation: Do you guys think Wizards will tone down the multicolored part of Ravnica in Rav3.3?

It would be unusual for Ravnica but they always talk about how scared they are of having too many multicolored sets in Standard at a time and maybe they want to ‘give us a breath of fresh air’. Or they could go full Alara on us and give is 100 % golden ;)

—————

On topic

I might want to double up on Growth-Chamber Guardian as a two-for-one pick.

Now that's more like it. Decent 2/4 body, gives tokens some keywords to play defensively, and it becomes a Panharmonicon for all death triggers? Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat triggers? Draw 2, take 2 off Midnight Reaper? Yahenni, Undying Partisan gets super swole with every trade/removal spell? If this keeps up, I swear I'm going to have like 50 new cards in my cube by the time the 3rd Ravnica set is completely spoiled. These are some great designs being churned out.

This set kicks ass!!

And lore-wise it isn’t even a Rakdos card. Yet it is useless outside Rakdos, right? Maybe some Orzhov action with the white combat tricks.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
https://mythicspoiler.com/rna/cards/canonizeconsume.html

Now this I can get behind! A life gaining removal spell that doubles as cantripping graveyard removal!

Canonize {1}{W/B}
Instant
Exile target card from a graveyard.
Draw a card.
//
Cannibalize (?) {2}{W}{B}
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices the creature they control with the highest power. You gain life equal to that creature's power.

I always thought Vindicate and Utter End were too similar, now I get to replace Utter End!

Edit: I've seen Consecrate // Consume float around as the English name.

The Bell-Haunt will make my {W}{B} section; these AABB cards have been great in my format, and the Bell-Haunt does just what {W}{B} wants to do in my format.

Kaya is pretty much exactly the power level I'd want out of a Planeswalker for my format; the +1 is great to help put pressure on the many graveyard strategies while also feeding control decks life/triggering life-matters cards, the -1 is some nice conditional removal that suits my token-heavy list, and the ult is a real game-changer. I'd have maybe preferred her starting on 2 loyalty instead, but she might make my Planeswalker-free environment alongside Jaya Ballard if I decide to introduce walkers to the list. :D

(note: I realize these image tags don't work currently, but tagged cards will be helpful long-term through the site's search functionality. Please refer to this link to see the spoilers I'm referring to!)

Laz

Developer
growthchamberguardian.jpg

Phew... my Cube remains Sol Ring-less! Cute card, though odd to print at Rare, this type of effect is typically aimed at Limited, though on power level, I can see why you wouldn't want this guy running around at uncommon.

I am a little worried that 'Lil-Miss Scourge Diva' and Teysa might push my sacrifice aggro decks into the stratosphere. They are already among the stronger things to be doing in my environment at the moment.

Gutterbones is not better than Gravecrawler, Bloodsoaked Champion, or Dread wanderer. The recursion trigger is way more of a win more than any of the other recursive black 1s. Even though I love cards like this, I think I'd rather have Diregraf Ghoul.
That's about where I'm at on it. I'm going to put it in, but as the fifth one drop ahead of stuff like Gnarled Scarhide and Tormented Hero. (and if I was using duplicates obviously I would only have some combination of Gravecrawler and/or Bloodsoaked Champion)