Sets (RNA) Ravnica Allegiance Spoilers

wingedsalamander.jpg

U
Creature - Salamander Drake
Flying
7U: Adapt 4. This ability costs 1 less for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.

Now this is a blue one drop I can run! In a tempo deck it doesn't seem that far fetched to get a good chunk of instant and sorceries into your graveyard pretty quickly.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
wingedsalamander.jpg

U
Creature - Salamander Drake
Flying
7U: Adapt 4. This ability costs 1 less for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.

Now this is a blue one drop I can run! In a tempo deck it doesn't seem that far fetched to get a good chunk of instant and sorceries into your graveyard pretty quickly.

Yeah, I really like it! Seems great :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
636825455894921921.jpg

I am so disappointed this doesn't fight! How am I going to run this along with my enrage dinosaurs with a straight face!

She actually wants to die as a blocker immediately.

At least for her ETBF effect to be effective.

I like it very much!

fontofagonies.jpg

This is kind of neat, life pain matters?

Well it is not really life pain. More like life payment.

Painlands for instance don’t work.

Shock lands do, however.

I am not sure how to put that to work in a theme in a cube. It seems very narrow to me but I could be wrong.

fontofagonies.jpg

This is kind of neat, life pain matters?

Most cubes probably don't have the density of life pay costs to make this worth a slot, but it's always neat when they explore this sort of thing. The first thing that comes to mind is that this makes for a very strong, but probably not unfair, removal engine with:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yesss!

B0BA27A6-667E-476C-A061-8C8A61F9F5E4.png

That's such a great set of abilities. I'm still cubing the original, but this might be worth testing. It's funny how both abilities roughly match. The red ability on both gives you some reach, and the green ability gives you some beef to work with.

Edit: Beaten to it by an inch!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
1CF17E94-55FC-40FA-B368-E6059B16129D.png

Oh shit! This is super nice! Instant replacement for Artifact Mutation!

Cindervines {R}{G}
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, Cindervines deals 1 damage to them.
{1}, Sacrifice Cindervines: Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Cindervines deals 2 damage to that permanent's controller.