Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I'm sure that's a fine preference decision to make in favor of huge chanpions. I just found cards like raise the alarm and midnight haunting a lot more attractive for my tempo and control decks than the sorcery versions.

But I don't need to bicker of be convinced, I'm just telling everyone token spells are deceptively synergistic and powerful. And maybe even more fun than some of the stronger 3 drops if you try them.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nice to see someone else doubled up on Blade Splicer.

Those are my white threes. I don't run Lingering Souls in my cube.

Edit: I run the boobless version of Spectral Procession.

CML

Contributor
The great thing about midnight haunting is that it's one of the few white 3's that costs not 1WW but 2W. The bad thing about it is that it sucks

Like Triplicate Spirits seems like it's just supes castable and potent if you've already got Raise, Screech, Souls, Procession running around.

Screech benefits from more hybrids and multicolour spells too. And like I dunno I like mini token generators like beetle butt and war marshal too. Like imagine a white war marshal? Boy howdy!

Ghost Pals {W}
Instant
Put a 1/1 white flying spirit token on to the battlefield.
Flashback {W}

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Classifying Spectral as a 3-drop seems like some form of perverse denial. Probably we're just so glutted on white fours.
I dunno, I had four people in my last draft with a (nearly) mono-colored deck and my fixing is pretty good, so even two-color decks should be able to cast it on turn 3 often enough if they prioritize fixing. Sometimes it's a 4-drop though, that's true. I like that it's flexible like that though, because at {2}{W}{W} you're still getting a good deal.

Like imagine a white war marshal? Boy howdy!
Thraben War Marshal {1}{W}
Creature - Human Soldier
When Thraben War Marshal enters the battlefield or dies, put a 1/1 white Human creature token onto the battlefield.
Echo {1}{W}
1/1

Like that? I might have to proxy that up actually, that sounds a lot better in white than in red!

I run Jwar Isle, and it seems like the ideal power level to me. I'd like to try the other at some point.

The standard cost for Spectral Procession is totally 2WW.

I kinda hate sphinxes. Partly because they feel like better dragons or angels a lot of the time and partly because I for some reason resent all this iconic creature heavy handedness these days where everything is a hydra and vampires are mainly small creatures.

I dunno sphinxes can be cool. I actually really love the mythological sphinx but man am I getting sick of them and I'm starting to think they are flavorless.

Good dragons have haste, good angels do something when they enter and good sphinxes are absolutely untenable.

My biggest problem with mtg:

Out of all the iconics, dragons get the short end of the stick the most often. I get they're tough to design so that they feel red without being too powerful, but c'mon. There should be more options than thundermaw or stormbreath.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I just love me some Wurms. But why can't they burrow?

{T}: put a burrow counter on CARDNAME.
Remove a burrow counter from CARDNAME: CARDNAME is unblockable until EOT.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Wurms are not worms!!! They don't just go rooting around in soil, dirt, and feces. That'd be like asking a tiger to roll around and wallow in a mud pit.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

Burrow seems an awful lot like that stealth mechanic or whatever it is from hearthstone, which I don't entirely hate. Getting your thing ruined before you can untap is often the downfall of many a cool card. An enchantment that did something like "creatures you control with summoning sickness have hexproof" would be neat. Original idea do not steal.