Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I've enjoyed it. It's still a craw wurm even if its imprint is gone, which isn't nothing. It's pretty strong when it's craw wurm plus thing. It's worse than battlesphere but good enough, I think; it can be a fun card.

EDIT: I still can't believe how goofy battlesphere is. It's been a while since I've really looked at that picture.

Unrelated:

?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This is the kind of protection I love. No deck should get totally shafted by this, unlike, say, protection from a color. Art is awesome as well.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

OK so this card is just nuts in M15 draft. I haven't really seen many people talking about it for cube, but honestly it's serious business.
It's also been around since original Ravnica, so if it would be nuts in cube I presume it would be an auto-include by now. Obviously it's not, but it's a decent removal card if you're toning down your white removal, i.e. if you're skipping on including only the most efficient white removal like StP and Path.

It's also been around since original Ravnica, so if it would be nuts in cube I presume it would be an auto-include by now. Obviously it's not, but it's a decent removal card if you're toning down your white removal, i.e. if you're skipping on including only the most efficient white removal like StP and Path.

Hm, I had no idea it was a reprint. I didn't get to draft much of original Rav. It's no StP, but since people have been raving about Stoke the Flames, I figured it must be strong enough.

Hm, I had no idea it was a reprint. I didn't get to draft much of original Rav. It's no StP, but since people have been raving about Stoke the Flames, I figured it must be strong enough.

Stoke the Flames is better because it's unconditional. The problem with Devouring Light is that it requires attacking or blocking creatures. And while that is fairly common, sometimes you need to waste a creature that isn't attacking or blocking.

Stoke the Flames is better because it's unconditional. The problem with Devouring Light is that it requires attacking or blocking creatures. And while that is fairly common, sometimes you need to waste a creature that isn't attacking or blocking.

I see your point, though Stoke isn't truly unconditional either.

EDIT: yeah what if they have TROMOKRATIS then what

EDIT2: I mean as long as people think Oust is cool I think it's a reasonable include. I know it's not the same, but I do think the overall power level is comparable.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think Stoke the Flames is good because it's a four damage spell, and ones that go to the face aren't all that common. Cubeable ones include Char and Flame Javelin, but I actually like Stoke more than either of those.

Yeah, I cut Char for Stoke the Flames in my last update :)

Oust is cool, I run it and love it. I also like Oppressive Rays a great deal. It's a great speed bump for control, or a cheap way to get a blocker out of the way for aggro, without ever feeling as powerful as Swords to Plowshares (because it isn't, and that's a good thing in my cube).

OK so this card is just nuts in M15 draft. I haven't really seen many people talking about it for cube, but honestly it's serious business.
It made it's way into me and Chris Taylor's original cube for a bit, white removal was worse back then but the card still eventually found it's way out.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
It made it's way into me and Chris Taylor's original cube for a bit, white removal was worse back then but the card still eventually found it's way out.

It didn't help that the only thing creatures could be counted on to do in that cube was die, so convoke was downright abysmal

yeah with token themes or like "small creature value midranged" it might be a fine way to get more out of your turns.

At very least, it is a white removal spell that is not an enchantment or OP. It therefore benefits graveyard garbage, control decks, and spells matter (DELVER).

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor

That would be a nice piece to have in a U/W spells matter/tokens theme.

As mentioned, you probably would want weaker overall removal for it to really shine. It will be outclassed by condemn, path or STP.