General The Draft Exchange

Drafted Swoopydo's cube, ended up with a solid UB Control list:

UB Control from CubeTutor.com

I began with a P1P1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer followed by a Cloudblazer thinking that I'd slide into something like Bant Midrange, but I didn't see much anything else I wanted in subsequent packs and settled into something familiar in U/B Control. The Ob Nix was the first thing that caught my eye as the 5/5 demon seems to match up pretty well with the rest of your environment. Started seeing more powerful cards come my way like Skinrender and Dig Through Time and settled in for the long haul. Deck looks sweet, lots of value to generate with Jhessian Thief and Shadowmage Infiltrator, some nice hard control elements with spot removal and some card draw.

Ty for the draft!! I'm not really impressed by the decks my cube is spitting out lately, i think i'll need to do some serious work now that i have some spare time, probably a complete restyling or something about these lines.

Drafting the Good Games Cube ...

P1P1 Hexdrinker, that card was too tempting as I really like green ago. Then Garruk relentless, also powerful as a curvetopper. Pick 4 I take Blood-soaked Champion over Accorder Paladin, so black instead of white. Let's see. I go on with Grim Flayer, maybe a graveyard aggro deck? Vengevine and Borderland Explorer say yes. Pack 2 I start with Cast Down. Not much else there. I'm happily picking up Jadelight Ranger and Ripjaw Raptor. I pick up more good fillers but sadly zero fixing in my colors. So I just build the deck with 17 lands, which is a lot for the curve, but I have ways to use/discard excess lands. I'd be happy to play this for a draft night:

Golgari Aggro from CubeTutor.com

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't know how to export a draft from CubeCobra yet. Here's a link to the deck:

https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5d82042af809e137632e6bad

I started with Wooded Foothills into Nahiri because I love big Boros decks. Grabbed an Opportunistic Dragon, followed by a Butcher of the Horde to sacrifice any captives. Pack 2 I picked up a Kaalia and started looking for other hits for her. With 6 hits in the deck she should draw something most of the time. I'm not sure how good Feather is here, but she's another angel for Kaalia, and Reckless Rage and Integrity with a 3/4 flier for 3 might be good enough.

Drafting Peter's ... P1P1 Grafted Wargear. That card's a beating. Started with some white aggro playables, but then I went into black and got no white any more. Midnight Reaper and Braids gave me an Aristocrats angle in pack 2. i was pondering between mono black and Rakdos. But then in pack 3, white seemed open again with some Savannah Lions, Lingering Souls, Shelter and great fixing. And while I didn't quite get there with the Knight Tribal (so flavorful in {W/B}) I am quite happy with this tricky aggro deck here.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5d8a3641d6d574217d30ddc7

Aufzeichnen.JPG

I am quite happy with this tricky aggro deck here.

This is perhaps the best compliment you could have given me. "Tricky" is exactly what I've been aiming for with my aggro picks, and I've been working really hard to make sure that aggro is viable while being more interesting than a lot of the linear strategies you get in the MODO cubes.

Oops, you missed ravnic's draft Erik, so I went ahead and drafted it :p
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5d8b98ae50a8152674babf5b

Started with a Grizzly Fate and wanted to draft a GY token deck (if that is even supported in the cube). Followed by a Stinkweed Imp and a Deep Analysis to cement the GY theme. I was bummed that a bunch of cards I wanted were clumped together in the packs, but that is how it goes. I was happy to pick up an Overrun to close out games. I would have like something like the Stampede Driver that you have as an additional way to pump my team, but it didn't wheel.

I was surprised to see Upheaval in there and in a normal draft, I would have taken it. I'm not sure why it's there because it is a real distraction from any possible synergy deck as it just overpowers everything (I saw 1CC mana dorks + ramp and signets to break it).

Cubetutor is down right now, but I'll try and draft your list Erik in a while.

So I got to draft Erik's cube:

Upheaval from CubeTutor.com

I first picked Upheaval, then a Windfall since both cards like fast mana. Followed up with an Elves of Deep Shadows. From there tried to pick up ramp whenever I could. I'm trying out a janky win condition in Approach of the Second Sun + draw 7 (I have Jar, Spiral, DTT and Windfall). I clearly missed out on the fixing for it (saw it like pick 7 pack 3).
Deck seems pretty busted, but I would have loved some cheap counterspells which I did not see during the draft.

Upheaval felt more "reasonable" in your draft due to a higher power level, but it still seems like it could take over the draft easily.

Wow, add a couple counterspells and you have the perfect Upheaval deck! It does seem very strong, even if the win conditioni s wonky. Upheaval is kind of a test re-addition. It's stronger and easier to build than Wildfire so it might get cut again. That said, I don't think it's off when it comes to power-level. The GB Graveyard deck and the Blink deck are both very strong and I know aggro gets under Upheaval.

Here's Ravnic, I'm still not sure how to get images from Cube Cobra to be honest so I'm just posting the link:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5d8bd323860b422afe5570d5

I started with a Condescend and then a Ghostly Flicker. From there I was swarmed by blink spells but I barely saw any cards worth blinking, most creatures seemed morph related. I aggressively drafted into red to get some ETB effects which required me to get some lands to support that. Sadly, half of them enter the battlefield tapped but I think I can get away with it.

I just noticed Overburden triggets when a creatures enters the battlefield which means it's a total non-combo with blink. I thought it was on cast, woops.

I always think about drafting your cube, Nanonox but I never do because I don't know how to proper judge cards for multiplayer. I still drafted it in case it's useful to you:

https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5d8be0ce860b422afe58e069

Since it's multiplayer, I valued recursion and big spells more heavily. Thankfully, I got the ideal cards for it: Oversold Cemetery, Volrath's Stronghold and mana dorks. Lots of strong creatures in the 4-6 mana range should keep me in the game and make me win over time. The inclusion of Vampiric Tutor, Sylvan Library and Phyrexian Arena gives the deck a lot of consistency. It just seems strong and fun because it's not overly unfair.

P1P1: Oko, taking the most powerful card. P1P2 Wooded Foothills, overall medium pack so I took the fixing. P1P3 Misty Rainforst, here comes goodstuff town. Round out pack 1 with trinket mage, thopter spy network and an assortment of various powerful cards.

P2P1: Meren of Clan Nel Toth, stands out as being objectively powerful. P2P1 Vedalken Shackles, at this point I'm hedging towards heavy blue artifact. P2P3 Hallowed Fountain, to turn on several fetches. Pack two ends up netting me JtMS, ramp, and some cheap counterspells.

P3P1: Cryptic Command, hoping ballista or hangerback wheel. P3P2 Tezzeret, just need some more artifacts at this point. P3P3 Witching Well, seems like a great cog. Ended up dipping into a minor blink theme. Sadly no ballista or hangerback.

I'm pretty happy with the overall build. I think I hedged too many paths and missed out on some of the less expensive removal. I did enjoy the feeling I could branch into different pathways during the draft.

UGw Artifacts from CubeTutor.com

Thank you for the draft and the details on how you ended up with the deck.

This looks like a real solid deck for my environment.

You have 2 of the most powerful cards in my cube: Urza and Oko (which are on a watchlist), as well as draw, removal and counters. Very nicely done!

Pack 1 took Blood Crypt first then Goblin Cratermaker. I wheeled Flesh Carver, so felt confident in at least black being open.
Pack 2 I got handed a great aggro curve in black and red, and picked up more discard support. Wheeling Hazoret was nice. I saw some artifact and aristocrat support in my colors, but nothing that really tempted me.
Pack 3 I took Judith early and filled out my curve. Felt like I was swimming in 3 drops by the end and had to fight to pick up 1 drops.
I ended up cutting Anger and Archfiend of Ifnir and not caring about discard synergy.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e262d9f63c7ef63a89699cf

Pack 1 took Blood Crypt first then Goblin Cratermaker. I wheeled Flesh Carver, so felt confident in at least black being open.
Pack 2 I got handed a great aggro curve in black and red, and picked up more discard support. Wheeling Hazoret was nice. I saw some artifact and aristocrat support in my colors, but nothing that really tempted me.
Pack 3 I took Judith early and filled out my curve. Felt like I was swimming in 3 drops by the end and had to fight to pick up 1 drops.
I ended up cutting Anger and Archfiend of Ifnir and not caring about discard synergy.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e262d9f63c7ef63a89699cf

Thanks for the draft. Maybe I need better payoffs for artifacts and aristocrats?

Thanks for the draft. Maybe I need better payoffs for artifacts and aristocrats?

I think that if Rakdos is supposed to care about artifacts then it needs better reasons to go in. Similar to the reasons/rewards idea for multicolor cards, you need either (1) a large number of artifacts that a rakdos drafter will pick up without relying on artifact synergy, or (2) some more artifact support cards that have a high enough ceiling that you would go into the artifact deck on the strength of that card alone. Otherwise you're not going to see drafters jump the barrier from a generic curve deck to a deck with enough synergy to take more support cards, at least IMO.