finderskeepers.jpg
kindlycognician.jpg
hammerfestboomtacular2.jpg
geneticrecombinator.jpg
hardhatarea.jpg
beebeegun.jpg
dogsnailenginewide3.jpg

I might have the copy the rules text of Kindly Cognician onto some customs :p

Sadly this card isn’t green. Feels off-color.
So which packs are ‘you’ going to use?

Legions (2003, Onslaught Block)
This set has 100 % only creatures but also has Graveborn Muse and Phage the Untouchable.

Time Spiral (2006, Time Spiral block)
This set has the largest portion of Sliver-synergy.

Rise of the Eldrazi (2010, Zendikar block)
This set has a large amount of huge creatures.

Dragon’s Maze (2013, Return to Ravnica block)
This set has a large portion of multicolored synergy with stuff like Maze Rusher where there is a 76 % chance of the rare card in the pack being multicolored, 100 % chance of all three uncommon cards being multicolored and 10 % of all commons being multicolored. Maze Rusher also has a friend in each other mono-color. Remember the odds of picking up a specific common in any given booster pack varies but often is around 1:7 ratio.

Furthermore you can find a lot of Zombie tribal cards in sets like Innistrad, Dark Ascension, Shadows over Innistrad, Eldritch Moon, Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation.

If I am going for it in my cube I would always include a pack from the most recent Magic set because “New is always better” - Barney Stinson

That’s a fair and wise decision for thr both of you :)

In all seriousness: Would you actually include this card? I feel like it will stand out as the only super expensive non-reanimatorable black card. What kind of deck would use this? And also do you like this kind of random swingyness that can be anything from three small common dudes to thirteen creatures that’s basically ‘suspend 1’ win the game?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Like, 8's a lot, but That's a lot of board presence out of nowhere.

It's probably good, and it probably should be a green card, but I think it's fine.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Maybe the best way to approach it is to have a prebuilt box of creatures for it. I think the upside of this card, in terms of how interesting and weird it is, is for it to flip interesting and weird creatures that interact for better or for worse. But that's my taste, I like strange circumstances and board states.
You'd probably want to redfine the pack size if you did this.
In fact - why not make a box of cards that suits this, and suits booster tutor as well? Could be interesting!

Wow are we finally gonna have Storm in cube? Also, you have to run this with actual storm crows as the tokens right.

I will be picking up 8 Storm Crow tokens, 8 OG Storm Crows, and making my artistic players draw eight more. If you're Storming Crows, you should get to choose what they look like, and should be allowed to 'make them rain' onto the playing table.

I think foils of this bad bitch are gonna be real hard to get your hands on.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
slayingmantis.jpg

A) That's the best keyword I've seen all day
B) I kinda love it. I'd probably play this thing if I didn't have a similar (more straightforward) custom doing the same thing. This could probably be a solid inclusion with some chaos orb style erratta