General Unstable Spoiler Unthread

splitscreen.jpg
This card... is insane? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is in spirit a mashup of

In colorless. You should generally have a mix of lands/nonlands, giving you the ability to choose with of those you want to draw, and you have this constant sight four "deep". Wow.

This is pretty interesting. A buildaround that suits {R}{B}'s usual aptitude at discarding cards, with the added appeal of maybe doing some really sweet combos like mashing up a pinger and a deathtoucher. Very excited about the possibilities here. Also: zombie villain typing is pretty sweet.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This card... is insane? You should generally have a mix of lands/nonlands, giving you the ability to choose with of those you want to draw, and you have this constant sight four "deep". Wow.
Someone on mtgs mentioned that Split Screen combo's quite favorably with

I think that's pretty appropriate synergy based on the names :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
A new keyword has been revealed, last strike, which has a creature deal combat damage after normal combat damage resolves. There's a 3/3 for 1B (Extremely Slow Zombie) and a 3/3 goblin for 3RR with triple strike. Sweet keyword!

I made that exact keyword in 2012. I used it almost only on Zombies to portray their slowness. It turned out that a 7/3 for 3 mana was not going to break anything.

PS I also had triple strike.

And the last spam (I promise!)

3.png

I know these are nothing impressive (It was 5,5 years ago; give me a break) but I still had the need to show you all what young Patrick was up to.

finally... Although I'm not sure I have room for this, it's a design I've always been interested in.

Also, all of the Host/Augment cards are really.. depressing? I guess they might be fun in limited, but they look really dull and parasitic to me, and not even particularly funny aside from Half-Kitten-,Half-Kitten. Seems like such a waste of space to me, and between those and Contraptions, I wonder just how much of a trainwreck retail drafting could be. But hopefully some regular players really love it! I need my stream of cheap Un-cards for my cube coming from somewhere.. :D

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Super-Duper Death Ray lives up to its name. I also think the Host/Augment idea is cool, even though I won't play retail limited :)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
amateurauteur.jpg

The second book in the hunger games trilogy: Mockingjace

636464649689320682.jpeg
Here, conveniently, is an example of a host creature that is perfectly serviceable on its own! Great, in fact, providing a lower power flickerwisp effect that doesn't maim bouncelands

I'll be surprised if this set is fun for regular people to draft. It looks like a complicated mess to me and I like tend to favor crunchy shit. But it's an unset and I feel like it's for a specific audience (and that audience will likely be happy).

All that said, this set is almost certainly going to provide some sweet tech for cube at all levels, especially Riptide style lists. I think people are going to have a field day finding ways to incorporate some of this. Should be fun to see.

I'll be surprised if this set is fun for regular people to draft. It looks like a complicated mess to me and I like tend to favor crunchy shit. But it's an unset and I feel like it's for a specific audience (and that audience will likely be happy).

All that said, this set is almost certainly going to provide some sweet tech for cube at all levels, especially Riptide style lists. I think people are going to have a field day finding ways to incorporate some of this. Should be fun to see.

This will be way better than Unglued and Unhinged were. I think it will be quite fun to draft, actually. Even the Host/Augment, which looks forced, will probably play way better than it reads.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So... Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest. This'll tap all basic lands, but none of the nonbasics (at least not in my cube). This actually rewards players who pay attention to drafting a solid mana base! :)