Sets (WOE) Wilds of Eldraine Spoilers

Is it really a durable turn though? You're getting back 4 of the 5 mana you invested immediately, so best case you're spending 1 mana on a hell of a mana acceleration & card advantage machine! I'ld be worried 5 mana is a bit much for some curves, but I wouldn't be worried about durdle turns. Throne reads like pure gas to me :)
You still have to be able to spend that 4 mana on that turn. Same with gilded lotus.
this is not impossible, but often unlikely since most often you have used the cheap spells already. That said throne is a great card in a draw go shell. There you can use the mana immediately and the draw is extra important.

Virtue of Courage 3RR
Enchantment (Mythic Rare)
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to an opponent, you may exile that many cards from the top of your library. You may play those cards this turn.

Embereth Blaze 1R
Instant — Adventure
Embereth Blaze deals 2 damage to any target. (Then exile this card. You may cast the enchantment later from exile.)

This one doesn't seem that crauy to me, unless you can really build around the trigger. In most cube decks it's a mediocre renoval spell that becomes a do nothing enchantment later, which let's you convert a removal spell into a draw spell.

I think that one would even be fine in my cube.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
1692809632625.png
So this is the commander set, and you'll have to be low enough power that 5 mana zombify is what you want, but also rebuying two auras seems siiiiick
This aint perfect for me, but it's gotta be perfect for someone

1692809759893.png
I'm not a madness enjoyer, is 3 mana outlets something you want?
This is probably just awkward next to eternal witness but it's interesting.

I like the Loamcrafter as a new way to support green "lands in the graveyard" shenanigans. One of my favorite archetypes and it's somewhat difficult to find cubable cards for it.

Faun isn't much of a madness enabler considering you can only discard lands. More of a Loam payoff, if anything.

It's also going to play nicely with stuff like Mulch (no duh) and Cultivate. Or, my favorite... Rites of Spring.

I'm just glad that Nantuko Cultivator has a buddy now. :p

virtueofstrength.jpg

I like this. I like this a lot.

gumdroppoisoner.jpg

Gumdrop Poisoner - {2}{B}
Creature - Human Warlock
When ~ enters the battlefield, target creature gets -X/-X until EOT, where X is the amount of life you've gained this turn.
3/2
///
??? - {B}
Instant - Adventure
Create a Food token.

I think this lady can stand for herself, honestly.

View attachment 8717
So this is the commander set, and you'll have to be low enough power that 5 mana zombify is what you want, but also rebuying two auras seems siiiiick
This aint perfect for me, but it's gotta be perfect for someone

View attachment 8718
I'm not a madness enjoyer, is 3 mana outlets something you want?
This is probably just awkward next to eternal witness but it's interesting.
honestly if you already have LFTL in your deck this is kind of busted

I'm pretty high on Loamcrafter Faun and will probably end up adding the card.
1: I run Life from the Loam and holy shit that's sick.
2: Holding lands once you're able to cast your top end to bluff interaction is pretty normal in UG Tempo and even some RG or BG aggro decks. This guy turns that into an actual out! Is it something I'm definitely going to 100% do every time I draw the Faun? No. Will I use a pair of lands to rebuy removal or reach often enough that the Faun is worth including? I think so. Cost is a low colour-commitment 3-mana 3/3, I'm okay with that.