General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

what i like is that if i want to, i can now run a plethora of cantripping white creatures and just make that white’s thing in pauper/peasant. goes great with clarion spirit and monk of the second hand to keep the spells flowing.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Whyyy no reminder text on Lethal Scheme :(
So you will include more cards with connive! But yeah, that always annoys me as well. There is more than enough room for it as well.

Edit: These are borderless versions. There is a small huge chance the reminder text is included on the normal version.

Edit edit:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 6792View attachment 6791

<3

The Commander decks are bringing the heat this time around! Those are so good for my cube! :D Like, practically perfect!

I had to pivot my dimir control away from discard and more towards dredge to keep up as my cube’s power level increased. That meant cutting clunkier things like Drake Haven and Archfiend of Ifnir in favor of things like Gurmag Angler and Dig through Time

However, Oskar is an easy 3/3 for 2 mana in my environment and alongside Containment Construct should be strong enough to bring some real discard incentive back to the archetype at my current power level. Great card!

Last edited:
I had to pivot my dimir control away from discard and more towards dredge to keep up as my cube’s power level increased. That meant cutting clunkier things like Drake Haven and Archfiend of Ifnir in favor of things like Gurmag Angler and Dig through Time

However, Oskar is an easy 3/3 for 2 mana in my environment and alongside Containment Construct should be strong enough to bring some real discard incentive back to the archetype at my current power level. Great card!
i’m with you on this, Oskar looks real good and does stuff i really like. great with my other dimir include this set, Tainted Indulgence

Is this finally a cube-worthy version of this effect?

1650044813414.png

Being able to 2-for-1 any opponent attacking you with a 3/4 or smaller just by having a mana rock in play gives this some legs in more controlling builds. While still being nice with ninjas.

en_YlMOdIxQ51.png

I like this card.

View attachment 6794

Continuing the trend of busted red artifact 1-drops is this good boy. What the heck? Why did they sandbag this card so hard? Obviously, this is an amazing target for counters or equipment.

I’ve always had a soft spot for generator servant since running it in my peasant cube back in the day. This scratches a similar itch, but is better…still not sure if it will crack my list. I’m trying to envision what deck wants to sacrifice this?….it seems to be just a good body for equipment

I’ve always had a soft spot for generator servant since running it in my peasant cube back in the day. This scratches a similar itch, but is better…still not sure if it will crack my list. I’m trying to envision what deck wants to sacrifice this?….it seems to be just a good body for equipment

My thought is that the sac is more so that when/if it falls off it's not as dead as another small critter, i.e. that the sac is a fail case more than a plan A. But it'll do work in a RB Aristocrats shell, RW artifact aggro, RU artifacts--heck, you can probably make it do something in storm. It's definitely a glue card rather than a headliner, but I think it's good enough glue to be worth a spin.

Plus, Abiding Grace means it's ramp in Boros ;)

Is this actually..high power?

1650062164354.png

Or have I become such a low-power cuber that medium things look powerful in my eyes?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
There used to be a time when Goblin Pikers in blue were rare, but it's been a while, and this one does not look particularly strong to me. It needs to die and you need another creature in play for it to do something mildly relevant.

lethalscheme.jpg

This Hero's Downfall variant is an early contender for the best card in the New Capenna Commander set. While I've cooled significantly on other 4-mana downfalls in the past two years, Lethal Scheme has legs.

First, this is never actually going to cost 4. You're almost always going to be tapping at least one or two creatures in order to cast this. Second, it provides card selection and creature pump when it's being connived. Between these two facts, it's possible that this card can simply read "tap four untapped creatures you control: destroy target creature or planeswalker. Draw four cards, then discard four cards." In that context, I think this card opens up a wide range of unique synergies not found in other removal spells. Has Drake Haven found its new best friend? I think it may have.

Don't sleep on Lethal Scheme, this card seems fantastic.