Chris Taylor

Contributor
As requested

ggmu84
ocni04
grcz78
wprb41
ahja23

Wording is not Oracle, but matches the wording as of Amonkhet. These are full size at 300dpi (they're actually just under, you'll want to add some padding if you're printing at home.)

Is it cheating to use official promotional art that didn't make it onto a card?
Correction it was Jericoalar! Found em

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Scryfall says December 31'st 2022.
Wikipedia says September but not actual date in September.

Honestly I don't know. I can't find any information from Wizards of the Coast.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/unfinity-release-date-change-2022-01-20

https://www.thegamer.com/magic-the-gatherings-unfinity-september-release/

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-.../hasbro-has-q1-2022-earnings-call-transcript/

The relevant quote from the earnings call: "However, we moved our March MAGIC release, Unfinity, to September to help our supply chain to keep up with robust demand for the base MAGIC business"

Note that the original release date was April 1st, whereas the earnings call talks about a March MAGIC release, so a move to September might still mean an early October release.

The difference has to be Hasbro/distributor launch vs. general public launch. But fantastic to hear we're not going to have to wait too long; this is the set I'm most looking forward to.

While we're on the subject, has anyone finished the last 4 Horizon lands?
@Velrun Was able to dig some up. Only still use RB, so the other three are MSE:

Unrelated--if you also struggle to remember Triomes by name, here's some reskins:

The relevant quote from the earnings call: "However, we moved our March MAGIC release, Unfinity, to September to help our supply chain to keep up with robust demand for the base MAGIC business"
I literally changed it to September because you said the relevant quote was September.

Now I will correct it again to October 7'th with the actual date.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I literally changed it to September because you said the relevant quote was September.

Now I will correct it again to October 7'th with the actual date.
Well, that's what my addendum ("Note that the original release date was April 1st, whereas the earnings call talks about a March MAGIC release, so a move to September might still mean an early October release.") was for. Sorry if that wasn't clear :)

I mean I did see it. But we had a discussion about if it was a September release or December release and you quoted three articles saying it was a September release. Then you added that it was the important part that it was September.

But sure, you also guessed on other dates so you’re correct. I have changed the release date again.

For my PokéCube, I'm trying to get this lose cycle of sorceries that promote colorful decks right.

Ash's Journey {W}
Sorcery
Return target Pokémon with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.
Ash never left a Pokémon behind.

Mistys's Journey {1}{U}
Sorcery
Mill the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of differently named lands you control. You may put a Pokémon card from among those card onto the battlefield.
Misty wasn't scared to dive down deep.

Giovanni's Journey {3}{B}
Sorcery
Sacrifice a Pokémon. When you do, create X treasure tokens and draw X cards, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.
Giovanni always knew a way to become wealthier.

Jessie's and James' Journey {3}{R}
Sorcery
Exile the top X cards from your library, where X is the number of differently named lands you control. You may play those cards until the end of your next turn.
Jessie and James always wanted to have everything right now.

Erika's Journey {2}{G}
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. You gain X life, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.
Erika always knew a way.

For my PokéCube, I'm trying to get this lose cycle of sorceries that promote colorful decks right.

Ash's Journey {W}
Sorcery
Return target Pokémon with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.

Mistys's Journey {1}{U}
Sorcery
Mill the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of differently named lands you control. You may put a Pokémon card from among those card onto the battlefield.

Sorcery
Sacrifice a Pokémon. When you do, create X treasure tokens and draw X cards, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.

Sorcery
Exile the top X cards from your library, where X is the number of differently named lands you control. You may play those cards until the end of your next turn.

Erika's Journey {2}{G}
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. You gain X life, where X is the number of differently named lands you control.
Erika always knew a way.
i love the “differently named lands” mechanic! MSEM uses it a fair bit too. of these i think the white one is the strongest, but the others are quite hard to balance simply by mana cost…

i think it’s very safe to move Erika’s Journey to 1G as it’s just Rampant Growth with lifegain.

JnJ’s Journey reminds me of a Showdown of the Skalds sidegrade so this one is probably fine as is. pretty exciting to resolve it lategame and suddenly have a full grip!

Giovanni’s Journey seems clunky but if you have good sac fodder it’s “free” big draw, i think id maindeck it in crats.

Misty’s seems… more UB than U? it’s a cool effect but just seems like a pie bend without B in the cost. maybe there’s precedent i’m not aware of?

overall these are pretty cool! definitely love W and R.

Yup. Stealing some of that shit.

Any cool red or blue customs? Not a lot of Fire/Electric Pokemon has led me to having a huge excess of burn and counterspells lol. Need some atypical red or blue cards.

Wording? Interesting?
Truth or Dare
3 mana instant or sorcery, idk
Look at the top two cards of your library. You may put those cards into your hand. If you don’t, put them on the bottom of your library in any order, then exile the top three cards of your library. You may play those cards until the end of your next turn.

Last edited:
Any cool red or blue customs? Not a lot of Fire/Electric Pokemon has led me to having a huge excess of burn and counterspells lol. Need some atypical red or blue cards.

Wording? Interesting?
Not Sure about the Power Level you are aiming for but this digs quite deep for a cmc 3 Spell. How about revealing the top two to the opponent and having them decide? (You ask them, "Truth or dare?")
OR just making it 2/2 which would still be quite powerful imo.

Edit: just realized that making the opponent choose would just make this a bad divination, so nvm...

Ash's Journey {W}
Sorcery
Perfect.
Mistys's Journey {1}{U}
Sorcery
Maybe this should be Scry X, draw 1 at instant speed?
Sorcery
This is alright as it is. Could be Misty's Journey as it's currently worded? Or Mill X, return any to field.
Sorcery
Probably fine as is. "Draw" 4+ in the payoff deck. It's maybe a bit slow, but I suspect your format is going to head that way.
Erika's Journey {2}{G}
Sorcery
Erika always knew a way.
This should be alright because the life gain will repay you for the extra time taken paying 3 mana for a two mana effect, but you could consider making it grab any land. You control the strongest thing this can search up. For my format, that's an excellent fixing land. WotC has to be far more conservative with searching up any land than you or I do.

Bit of an idea...
?RG
"Untap any number of differently named lands you control. Exile top 2-4 cards."

I have a slight multicolor theme going, if I remember right. I'll stick a few of these Awakened cards in whichever color(s) I had it. Probably make it G(r/u) because green feels natural and r/u are lacking numbers.

Misty's Journey is worded like that because MaRo once stated that milling onto the battlefield is both U and B, after people asked because of Gyruda, Doom of Depths. However, I could maybe make it "Look at he top X cards" instead and keep it more blue.

For Jessie's and James' Journey I am a little scared it is too much. But I hope it will be balanced by the fact that you'll most likely not be able to cast 4+ cards in most scenarios.

For Erika's, I am more motivated to have it get any land instead of making it cost two. Rampanth Growth is already a good magic card, and I am aiming for a power level that's like "a powerful modern limited set with a relatively flat power level" but not as flat and strong like most cubes. You can't make Pidgey or Zubat cards too good imo and have them feel like Pidgey and Zubat.

Misty's Journey is worded like that because MaRo once stated that milling onto the battlefield is both U and B, after people asked because of Gyruda, Doom of Depths. However, I could maybe make it "Look at he top X cards" instead and keep it more blue.
I'm fairly certain it's under costed to put something into play. Summoning Trap and See the Unwritten come to mind. Sure, it will see a lot fewer cards on turn 2, but it still has the potential to end the game on its own in an entirely luck-based way.