Sets [DMU] Dominaria United Spoilers

Personally I do not find Goyf interesting at all. Complex board state that constantly will have at least one player go “So how big is it?”

I'm loving the off color kicker cards, but I'm worried that Mana Confluence type lands may make the single off color mana too easily payed.

Play a Gw kicker card in your GR deck and pay the W whenever you draw your five color land. Ignore the W if you don't.

I love five color lands because they go into anyone's deck, but a high density of these off color kicker spells could become frustratingly easy to kick.

So far I haven't seen any Read Ahead cards that I like enough to justify the confusion of mixing them in with regular sagas.

I've seen this take a couple times, and while I agree in theory that I don't like including mechanics that are this similar yet different I'm making an exception for Read Ahead and I think you should too (if you like the cards with the mechanic). The main reason for this is that Read Ahead is entirely opt-in, and I'm pretty sure that the correct option most of the time is to start on 1. That is to say, you're not losing out on any value by ignoring this mechanic, and if your deck tends to want Sagas then your deck tends to like value.

Sorry, I know I've made this post already, but I really think that this mechanic isn't as bad as people think it is.

don09iizufj91.jpg

On topic:

Aven Something
{1} {U}
Creature--Bird Wizard?
Flying
Kicker {R}
When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, if this creature was kicked, discard your hand. Draw two cards.
2/1

(Not my translation)

This seems great for UR tempo decks. It can beat face early and refill your hand late--why yes, I would love a Divination for {1}{U}{R} that comes with a 2/1 flier. It's cheap enough and funky enough to work with graveyard-filling strategies, Madness, Flashback, and a whole lot of other things, but it's going to take work to make that kicker worthwhile. Great design.

9ltf4bxrjej91.png

Also, anyone else love "Lurrus at Home?" The exile clause helps to keep it from breaking, but I think this is a pretty nifty card. My only concern is that it has the problem where the effect is great but the body is in some ways greater, meaning that you only get to Do The Thing a couple times before it ends the game itself.

Last edited:
Serra-Paragon-DMU-265.jpg

It's like Sun Titan and Lurrus had a baby!

Haughty-Djinn-DMU-265.jpg

It's like Baral and Enigma Drake had a baby!

Warhosts-Frenzy-DMU-265.jpg

Just another sick kicker card.
Runic-Shot-DMU-265.jpg

This is the cheapest this effect has ever been. I'm interested.

View attachment 7246

On topic:

Aven Something
{1} {U}
Creature--Bird Wizard?
Flying
Kicker {R}
When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, if this creature was kicked, discard your hand. Draw two cards.
2/1

(Not my translation)

This seems great for UR tempo decks. It can beat face early and refill your hand late--why yes, I would love a Divination for {1}{U}{R} that comes with a 2/1 flier. It's cheap enough and funky enough to work with graveyard-filling strategies, Madness, Flashback, and a whole lot of other things, but it's going to take work to make that kicker worthwhile. Great design.

View attachment 7247

Also, anyone else love "Lurrus at Home?" The exile clause helps to keep it from breaking, but I think this is a pretty nifty card. My only concern is that it has the problem where the effect is great but the body is in some ways greater, meaning that you only get to Do The Thing a couple times before it ends the game itself.
It also has a bunch of gabledygook text strapped on the back that has some memory issues and just makes reading it a pain. Agree on your last bit too. It's a 3/4 beatstick first, value engine second.

Fun that it interacts with lands in white, that help people pushing Naya lands or similar.

View attachment 7247

I'm a huge fan of the effect, but it kills me that you could take off half the text on the card without breaking it, and it would get rid of memory issues. What made Lurrus OK to have this kind of repeatable recursion at rare at 3 MV, or did Bauble loops scare R&D? Also, why the 2 life kicker? I'm probably going to make room for it because this is a sweet effect, but I might have to take the ol' sharpie to it.

It also has a bunch of gabledygook text strapped on the back that has some memory issues and just makes reading it a pain. Agree on your last bit too. It's a 3/4 beatstick first, value engine second.

Fun that it interacts with lands in white, that help people pushing Naya lands or similar.
I have the advantage of playing most of my cube games on Arena these days, so I am more forgiving of cards with weird memory issues since the computer takes care of that for me.

EDIT -

Just noticed this little beauty:

Quirion-Beastcaller-DMU-265.jpg

It's like Sun Titan and Lurrus had a baby!
I’m guessing your MtG fanfic is for mature audiences only.

"Sunny," Lurrus sighed, "I don't feel so good."
Sun Titan cradled Lurrus closer. "Hush now, Lurrus. Don't move so much. You'll open your wounds again."
Lurrus chuckled, then grimaced at the pain. His ribs were cracked in a half-dozen places.
"It's funny. I've spent my whole life saving those weaker than me, and now I'm going to die saving you. You, a 6/6. We're supposed to be enemies. It makes no sense--"
His words suddenly cut off, a dreadful silence echoing in the cave.
Sun Titan's shoulders drooped.
"Not like this."
Sun Titan had sworn an oath to never take up the sword again. There had been too much death, too much destruction even for the sake of bringing back those that she had lost. But Lurrus had shown her that there was another way. You could bring back those weaker than you without having to swing a sword. And Sun Titan knew that that was worth fighting for. Standing, Sun Titan draped her cloak over Lurrus's still form then gently scooped his still-warm body into her arms.
"I can't do what you do, but I can at least bring you back."

(274,000 words)
(Chapters: 33 of ???)
(Slow burn)
(Enemies to lovers)
(Genderswap)

Last edited:
So non-legendary characters are genderless or both genders. There are plenty of them and they are not all the same gender.

So we have plenty of male and female versions of Sun Titan. Unless there is something specific about Sun Titans in the lore (like Valkyeries or Amazonians can only be female.)

Legendary characters on the hand are unique, one of a kind. So they could have genders.

Last edited: