Sets [KTK] Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
cratersclaws.jpg

Add Pestermite and a blink engine and you have a combo deck that will pretty much never come together (but the one time in a hundred when it does will be a great story).

warnameaspirant.jpg

Seems like a variant of stormblood berserker, slightly easier to activate and with some dork/token hate as well. Don't know if theres a lack of two drops but it looks more interesting than borderland marauder (which, incidentally, cannot block the aspirant even to chump)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Suspension Field_EN.jpg

Is it wrong for me to like this better than Journey to Nowhere? I guess I like conditional removal better than unconditional removal. It's also slightly better in aggro builds than in control builds, since you can't remove that Goblin Guide that's beating you to a pulp with this. I also like the new templating better because those Disenchant tricks are super unintuitive to a large part of my cube players.

So odd. While I think fat guys have it tough enough in a lot of lists, I think conditional removal that is less technical is probably better overall- attacking/blocking over toughness-counting anyways. Dismember becoming a counterspell seems off to me in this case.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
View attachment 103

Is it wrong for me to like this better than Journey to Nowhere? I guess I like conditional removal better than unconditional removal. It's also slightly better in aggro builds than in control builds, since you can't remove that Goblin Guide that's beating you to a pulp with this. I also like the new templating better because those Disenchant tricks are super unintuitive to a large part of my cube players.

Honestly I thought it read "3 or less" and thought we had a new volcanic hammer :p

In other news:

mantisrider.jpg

New Rhox War Monk?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
RIP Lightning Angel

and I really hope that'6s a mock up and they didn't mix up its/it's on the actual card

It does say mockup where the rarity should be.

I guess that makes sense why so many spoiled cards look like rares at the moment. This one I believe, but soon we're going to run out of rare room...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
hmmm...what am I missing with this one? Broken in is an English expression, no?

I am not a native English speaker, and the literal translation of breaking in means to burgle in German (einbrechen). I knew this card was originally spoiled in German, so I thought they made a translation error. After all, burgling a mantis, come one! You learn something every day I guess :)

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
English also uses the expression to mean burgle, (in addition to meaning "overcoming newness", as is being used here) just to make it extra confusing.