Site News ChannelFireball Store Credit Contest Details

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I was kind of thinking along the lines of Next Great Designer search, where half the fun is seeing what the contestants come up with, and half is the response of the judges.

That is a little less interesting when there's only 1 judge though. Can we get Eric in for some other color commentary? Or CML?
He's entering though, hmmm

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
That is a little less interesting when there's only 1 judge though. Can we get Eric in for some other color commentary? Or CML?
He's entering though, hmmm

We can get Eric if you want the damn thing to be published in 2015. I'm pretty sure the kid writes by cutting letters out of newspapers, pasting them to a sheet and then scanning them with some image to text conversion. He's still working on his first RL article. But maybe since I already have submissions we can prep them in advance?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
We can get Eric if you want the damn thing to be published in 2015
I ligitimatly Lol'd :p
The reason I suggusted the diverse color commentary is because that that way it seems a little less "Dance puppets dance" for you and you two get to play off each other so your critique doesn't color the whole article (single voice and all that)

Maybe I'm overthinking this :p

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I ligitimatly Lol'd :p
The reason I suggusted the diverse color commentary is because that that way it seems a little less "Dance puppets dance" for you and you two get to play off each other so your critique doesn't color the whole article (single voice and all that)

Maybe I'm overthinking this :p

Eric gets a damn say when he ponies up his own cash for this thing. Why let him share in the puppetry? :)

CML

Contributor
you're right, the only thing people would enjoy more than me roasting them is them roasting me

time to look at every card in gatherer. happy thanksgiving everyone!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'd prefer the articles as-is, and commentary in the comments, for what it's worth?

How's this for a compromise: first article is just a dump of all the submissions, and you all can start bickering / debating already. Then I will release a series of front-page critiques. Once all of those are posted, voting will commence.

Sounds good! My point of view is that the submissions should be given the opportunity to stand on their own merit, rather than being skewered examined in place.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good! My point of view is that the submissions should be given the opportunity to stand on their own merit, rather than being skewered examined in place.

I'm going to skewer the fuck out of them either way, but this way I can at least show our sponsors that we have an active front page.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
We can get Eric if you want the damn thing to be published in 2015. I'm pretty sure the kid writes by cutting letters out of newspapers, pasting them to a sheet and then scanning them with some image to text conversion. He's still working on his first RL article. But maybe since I already have submissions we can prep them in advance?

ransom01.jpg

ransom04.jpg

CML

Contributor
Screen_Shot_2013_11_29_at_1_01_24_AM.png

Dom Harvey

Contributor
To clarify, should the card be one that can/should be explicitly designed around on a large scale ala Gravecrawler, or a card that has some interesting/incidental synergies but is worth doubling/tripling/etc. up on anyway? I have two cards in mind atm, trying to decide which one fits the remit better.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
To clarify, should the card be one that can/should be explicitly designed around on a large scale ala Gravecrawler, or a card that has some interesting/incidental synergies but is worth doubling/tripling/etc. up on anyway? I have two cards in mind atm, trying to decide which one fits the remit better.

It can be either. I'd write about the one you think has a better chance of winning the contest. Or if related, talk about both.