General [ZNR] Zendikar Rising Spoilers

Skyclave Relic is sweet as hell. Darksteel Relic plus kinda bad Gilded Lotus is a nice package. Creates a lot of artifacts in play, which is sometimes relevant.

If you untap Lithoform with a Key, you can use the first ability to then copy the second or third ability if you have tons of mana and want to be cute. That said, not likely super cubeable unless you're on something kinda funky.

Skyclave Shade is totally awesome. Finally catering to me. Took them long enough.

Scourge is really, really cool, but probably hard to use in cube. Can easily imagine it doing something in Modern. Neither player has to have taken much damage to make it a good 2 drop.

Scourge is really, really cool, but probably hard to use in cube. Can easily imagine it doing something in Modern. Neither player has to have taken much damage to make it a good 2 drop.
Some fetchlands and shocklands + several lifeloss effects on your side and some burn spells combined with attacking with creatures could do the trick, I guess? Assuming we want it to be at least a 4/4.
I'm really looking forward to testing Scourge. For some reason I'm typically reluctant to implement cards from new sets into my list, but Zendikar Rising is just fascinating.
Wanted to say a word or two more on Skyclave Relic: isn't it too clunky outside of an artifacts deck? In my cube artifacts usually have no problems ramping into 6 mana via Urza, Lord High Artificer and other mana-rocks, and are glad to get more artifacts on the field. But what about other decks which do not care that much about artifact synergies? In my list a 3-CMC rock that doesn't give 2 mana, perhaps, does not make an exciting pick

Haven't found any messages on this by its name, so, it might have been already mentioned, but
Scourge-of-the-Skyclaves-alt.png

What do people think about Death's Shadow's cousin?

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1302952175413399553?s=20

If you don't want to click through to Twitter, Saffron Olive has pointed out that this combines with Nethroi to let you reanimate more than 10 powers' worth of creatures, because this can have a lot of negative power.

I would assume a cube running it also running actual crucible as well as that three drop creature, and probably Life from the Loam. Builds more redundancy. Anyways this particular crucible effect, with outside support or not, fuels another (powerful) ability.

Landfall abilities are the obvious thing, yes, but also lands with abilities. Scry lands scry 2 times, life gain lands gain life twice, etc. Bouncelands return two lands, which can be very powerful in the right deck, especially once you've already hit a respectable mana count by the time this is played (usually)

Nullpriest-of-Oblivion-ZNR-265.webp

That's a solid value creature
Solid value creature is underselling it. This is one of the most flexible reanimation spells ever printed! It can help stop early bleeding when relevant, or bring back a Big Chungus in the late game. Midrange decks will love every mode of this card. Aggro will even happily play this card, as a 2/1 Menace is hard to block and the life gain can be relevant in the mirror match.

Don't sleep on this gal- she's very strong!

Damn, I want something between Child of Night and this. I'd cube a 2/1 menace lifelink. Without that gravedigger mode.

EDIT: holy SH*T, I just realised it is reanmiate, not raise dead. Yup, that's far above my power level.

Some fetchlands
and shocklands
+ several lifeloss effects on your side
and some burn spells
combined with attacking with creatures could do the trick,

I guess?

That's an entire grocery list to end up with a maybe... I'm not sold, but the card's cool.

blablabla look at me posting cards

IN THIS SET!

Yeah this is the first body with this statline in mtg.
kVrC0qU.jpg
Holt shit that looks good. What program did you use?

I LOVE Nullpriest. Instant staple.

Shatterskull%2BCharger%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

This is a pretty sick Viashino Sandstalker variant. Not sure if it's good enough, but it's cool.

Verazol%252C%2BParter%2Bof%2BCurrents%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

I wonder how many cards with kicker you have to play before this becomes good?

Deliberate%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

This seems like a decent staple card.

Roost%2Bof%2BDrakes%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

Sir, I have met Drake Haven, and let me tell you, you are no Drake Haven.

Thundering%2BRebuke%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

Probably better than Lava Coil.

Felidar%2BRetreat%2B%255BZNR%255D.jpg

Kitty!