General [ZNR] Zendikar Rising Spoilers

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ugh do NOT use xmage. We tried it as a game client for a while and the track record for drafts breaking and being uncompletable halfway through was like 10-2

You can upload an XML of your custom cards into dr4ft.

From there, you just need a .txt list of all your card names (custom or not), and since your XML is on their site, pick the wrong fight for eg will resolve as a cardname

Customs in cockatrice are a touch harder. You need to take your copy of cards.xml (Found in your cockatrice install directory, instructions below) and staple the xml data from your customs onto the bottom, with imgur links in there as well

Looks a lot like this:

Noncreature Example:
Code:
<card>
            <name>Abdicate</name>
            <tablerow>1</tablerow>
            <text>Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can’t attack or block.
When Abdicate 1/2 enters the battlefield, proliferate (Choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)</text>
            <set picURL="https://i.imgur.com/xAt4A3Q.png" rarity="uncommon">TDC</set>
            <prop>
                <colors>W</colors>
                <manacost>1W</manacost>
                <type>Enchantment - Aura</type>
                <maintype>Enchantment</maintype>
            </prop>
</card>
Creature Example
Code:
<card>
            <name>Angelic Mentor</name>
            <tablerow>2</tablerow>
            <set picURL="https://i.imgur.com/JnofJsN.jpg" rarity="common">TDC</set>
            <text>Flying
Creatures you control with power greater than their base power have flying.
Mentor (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter target attacking creature with lesser power.)</text>

<prop>
                <colors>W</colors>
                <manacost>2W</manacost>
                <type>Creature - Angel Soldier</type>
                <maintype>Creature</maintype>
                <pt>2/3</pt>
            </prop>
        </card>

Then you need everyone who's drafting to download and replace their cards.xml with your (customs included) cards.xml:

Instructions lovingly recorded on my discord here:
Code:
1) Download tokens.xml and TDC_Cocatrice_XML.xml
2) Open Cocatrice
3) In the file menu, go to Card Database --> Open Custom Image Folder
4) Once there, navigate up a few levels until you get to AppData\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice.
    Cards.xml and Tokens.xml should be there
5) Overwrite your tokens.xml and cards.xml with the new copies (Don't worry it contains all the usual info PLUS my cards)

You can also modify tokens.xml with your custom cards that create tokens so people can right click on their card and have the option to "Create a 1/1 white monk" instead of manually searching through every token in existence, but this isn't strictly necessary.

I'm not going to pretend this was fast or easy. MagicSetEditor has an XML exporter that does ~75% of the work for you, but you will need to edit some stuff.
But honestly, now we can draft my cube online. I never thought that was possible.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
  1. That sounds super cool and way too much effort at the same time :p
  2. I have no experience with dr4ft.info, but can you use the same xml for dr4ft and Cockatrice?
  3. I love how you spelled Cocatrice in your Discord info to, I assume, evade Discord's censoring

Chris Taylor

Contributor
1) It is and it is.
2) Kinda? Like the xml you need for dr4ft contains just your cards. The xml you need for cockatrice is every card in magic with your cards added to the bottom, so you can copy and paste it into the right spot but it doesn't map 1-1
3) No I'm just shite at spelling XD