General [ZNR] Zendikar Rising Spoilers

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I also believe the Pathway lands are way too cheap now. I got them for 5 Euro each in foil. This includes all 12 variants we got from Zendikar Rising (6 regular foil and 6 full art foil)
I completely agree. I preordered two nonfoil of each, but only because I'm not investing in these things. I could have bought 10, because these will easily be more expensive than the roughly €3 they are now. €5 for the foils is a pittance, I expect these to see modern play even. I believe they're better than everything except the original duals, fetches and shocklands. And they're really close behind the shocks too.

I completely agree. I preordered two nonfoil of each, but only because I'm not investing in these things. I could have bought 10, because these will easily be more expensive than the roughly €3 they are now. €5 for the foils is a pittance, I expect these to see modern play even. I believe they're better than everything except the original duals, fetches and shocklands. And they're really close behind the shocks too.

And the more people dislike the set, the less the purchase packs from it and the lower the supply will be :p

There are many powerful dual lands out there for non-rotating formats but these will almost always be pure upside over a Basic. They are already more expensive now since I preordered them.

By the way I got a massive discount because I purchased everything from the same seller. It is a lot of money but I am a whale and I do it mostly for ‘my people’ (my playgroup). And if I am going to get the cards no matter what I might as well be smart about it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Sorry, I just started back at university and completely forgot to do it. Here is the link.
Oh no! This thread uses square brackets, and the testing includes thread uses round brackets! :eek: I also like this set quite a bit, but it will take some figuring out what I want to include. It's not like I am in any rush, seeing as I'm not organizing any drafts at the moment...

I'm ambivalent on the choice in question but I wanted to say that your frame is very good. I like how they can scan as spells or lands depending on where the physical card is (on the stack, with the lands) and read cleanly at a distance. Great stuff!

Zendikar Rising kickstarts in 30 minutes on Day[9]’s channel with guest Nox and Luis Scott Vargas (LSV)

https://day9.tv/

They start out with jank brews which always reminds me a little of cube games. Then they go into drafting which obviously reminds of cube.

For your information: The Pathway lands have already gone up 100 % since I preordered them. You should all get them now.

They're definitely going to see a lot of play this standard b/c right now they're the only "duals" that come into play untapped. if they're not already 10$+ they probably should be just off their standard power level.

I don't really need a dual that requires manual manipulation to tap for one color at a time when I already have 50 other options that stay in the sleeve. Betting these become quite cheap after rotation.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's crazy how much people undervalue these. It doesn't matter that they only tap for one colored mana, because they tap for your missing color of mana. They also allow off color splashing out of the sideboard, because there's virtually no downside to running these over a basic land. Suddenly your WU deck has access to eight untapped red sources to support whatever shenanigans you might want to board in from the side. Untapped. I expect these to mostly replace the fastlands in Modern, honestly, and those are still more expensive. I guess only time will tell whether I'm right.

Out of curiosity, is anyone touching this Party mechanic? The creature types are pretty good and some of the payoffs are impressive.

These are 21 cards in ZNR that aren’t strictly cost reductions.

none of them really jump out at me as being worth the hoops, but maybe in the appropriate environment? Most of them are OK with one buddy.

did soulbond get there long term for anyone? Needs a buddy was about the power level of those too...

Some of them are pretty sweet, but it's really clunky imo.

Similarly, does anyone know about the viability of warriors between this, KTK, and BBD? Seems like there's a lot... I might have to look into it and make a post, as it's a heavily black theme.

Just did the pre-Warrior-investigation ZNR update to The Black Cube. If anyone's curious, it's the most recent blog post on my CC. Added anything I'm for sure adding or testing and cut nothing to balance it out. Keeping it in this thread cus I kinda like having it all in one thread.

Warrior is on a lot of type lines, supporting the tribe in the sense of having enough bodies to benefit from the cares about other warrior cards is easy.

Finding enablers that aren’t going to table if someone isn’t in the archetype is another matter, but if you go deep enough you could pretty easily make it so the viable Aggro deck in one of the Mardu color pairs is warrrior tribe by default.

stuff like

(C’mon deckbox. Kargan intimidator, relic axe, goma Fada vanguard)
seem like good places to start since they’re not worthless without the rest of the tribe.

They're definitely going to see a lot of play this standard b/c right now they're the only "duals" that come into play untapped. if they're not already 10$+ they probably should be just off their standard power level.

Get on the train before it is too late :)

I got them all 6 in foil for 5$ each and all 6 in that showcase foil for 5$ each. It’s already too late to get them for that amount but soon they will be auto-includes in every format. Not every deck in every format but in many decks. Yes there are other cool lands but almost all of them have downsides or doesn’t enter untapped without a cost.

I really like the feel of Zendikar Rising but I miss quests and traps. I hope we will see them in Dungeons and Dragons 2021.

I usually dislike tribal but this newish trend where Wizards include more than a single type of card into the tribe is cool.
- Historic: Artifacts, legendaries and Sagas
- Eldraine’s mechanic: Knight, aura, Equipment or legendary artifact.
- Party: Cleric, Rogue, Warrior or Wizard

Examples:

There are probably some I missed. I like this new way of doing ‘tribal’.