General [ZNR] Zendikar Rising Spoilers

The first Zendikar Rising card has been spoiled. Does anyone want to make a thread?

Link to Crawling Barrens:
https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums.../818530-zendikar-rising-leak-crawling-barrens

LcTnaTv.png

Spoiler season for Zendikar Rising hasn't begun yet buy we got this sneak peak. Happy too see that we'll get some decent creature lands in this set, at the very least one.

The land itself can even help with the payment if you’re not planning on combating with it this turn.
Very interesting design!

Yeah I think this is some interesting design-space. Hopefully they explore this in some color-costed lands aswell!

Yeah maybe. We had 10 multicolored manlands over the course of the last two Zendikar blocks. Maybe it is time for new monocolored manlands. They would only take up 5 slots and it would leave plenty of space left for the mandatory Evolving Wilds (Or maybe Terramorphic Expanse now that we also get variants of that one again.) And it would leave space foe the six dual lands.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This is a rare, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Usually, cycles don't include 6 lands (though of course there are a very small number of exceptions).

Shoudn't the spoiler start monday? And why do they start with the least interesting stuff? :confused:

At least I like the return of kicker. Now give me landfall or I quit.

I definitely prefer these toned down walkers to what they've been churning out over the last year so that's good, but not really feeling either of these options. Neat, but they don't really fulfill any needs for me.

That jace has so much text on it to basically winds up being beleran all over again

He's a *lot* more decision dense than Beleren. OG Jace you just downtick, downtick, uptick, downtick forever. This guy has so many decision points and flexibility. He's probably on the low end of the Jace scale for raw power level, but flexibility is power all on its own. I dig it.

I like new Nahiri more than old Nahiri specifically because I want to test Najeela, the Blade-Blossom and Winota. I hope they add some good equipment to go with her.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
He's a *lot* more decision dense than Beleren. OG Jace you just downtick, downtick, uptick, downtick forever. This guy has so many decision points and flexibility. He's probably on the low end of the Jace scale for raw power level, but flexibility is power all on its own. I dig it.

I like new Nahiri more than old Nahiri specifically because I want to test Najeela, the Blade-Blossom and Winota. I hope they add some good equipment to go with her.

You take a lot more game actions for the same effect is what I'm saying

Also check out the best fake:
EgYrI7AWoAAvv-0

We have the MaRo game again!!

MaRo said:
Before previews for Zendikar Rising officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• A white creature that can make an opponent lose the game simply by attacking them no matter how much life they have

• A multicolor creature that lets you repeatedly reanimate permanents out of your opponent’s graveyard for no mana

• Three creatures with five creature types

• An artifact granting +2/+2 to a subset of creatures that first appeared in Alpha

• X being used for a variable it’s never been used for before

• a 6/6 artifact creature that costs 3 and a 7/5 artifact creature that can cost 3

• The return of four mana symbols that have each only ever been used on two cards before

• Lands that come with a choice you’ve never had before

• Targeted enchantment removal in black

• A red/white creature with a line of rules text that starts with “Whenever” and ends with “draw a card”

• A card with three different activated abilities that all copy something

Here are snippets of rules text, you’ll see:

• “three plus”

• “different converted mana cost X or less”

• “equal to 20 minus”

• “Cowards can’t block Warriors”

• “don’t lose unspent red mana”

• “twice the number of equipment”

• “If it’s the third time”

And finally, here are some creature type lines you’ll see:

• Mouse

• Leviathan Crab

• Shapeshifter Rogue

• Demon Cleric

• Wurm Horror

• Hydra Horror

• Cat Horror

• Angel Wizard

Unfortunately, I'm not actually sure what any of these could be. The fact that "Horror" ended up being a subtype of multiple creatures could indicate a Horrors sub theme in this set. Nahiri seems to indicate that there is a Warrior tribal theme in this set. Perhaps there will be a Horrors VS. Warriors conflict at the center of Zendikar Rising.

There is actually one clue which I think I have a pretty solid idea for:
MaRo said:
• The return of four mana symbols that have each only ever been used on two cards before
Some people have speculated that this is the return of Two-Brid mana. I, however, think that what mark wrote should actually be interpreted as "The return of four mana symbols that have each only ever been used on two cards together before." This would explain why there are only 4 mana symbols represented here instead of 5. Each 4-color combination only has two cards to their name. So, this could mean that MaRo's hint refers to a 4-color card being in Zendikar Rising. But why would there only be one 4-color card, one may ask. Well, the answer is quite simple. It's the new Omnath!!
71MFODLfZKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As this collector booster indicates, Omnath seems to have acquired a 4th color following the events of -Whatever the story of M20 was supposed to be- This means that Mr. Nath would have {W}{U}{R}{G} as a mana cost. It has been confirmed Omnath will be 4 color, by the way. It would make sense to give commander players a Non-Group Hug 4-color commander, as Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis really only work if you're ok with giving stuff to your opponents as well.

Of course, there's also the possibility that Mr. Rosewater was referring to Generic mana symbols. However, {12} is the only mana symbol to appear in the cost of exactly 2 cards. All other costs appear on more than 2 cards or exactly 1 card. In the end, I think the most likely candidate for this clue is Omnath. I'd love to be proven wrong here- Two-brid is an awesome mechanic and I hope it sees a return some day!