Recent content by Erik Twice

  1. Erik Twice

    Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

    I took it out of my cube because it was GRBS. It doesn't lock the game against every deck like Opposition does, but, against some, it might as well. It crushes any decks that rely on creatures yet happen to have fewer of them than the Glare of Subdual deck. I felt the fun leave the room every...
  2. Erik Twice

    General CBS

    Deadwood Treefolk has a "when it enters or leaves" trigger that is too modern, but the rest of the list fits. For me, the key difference is not power, per se; it's that classic cards tend to do just one thing, even if they are useless otherwise, while modern Magic design tries to squeeze as...
  3. Erik Twice

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    I don't run Kiki-Jiki so it's not an issue. While getting a creature for no mana is good, I'm not sure a small, 0 mana creature that can only be cast if you control a token, would be broken in my cube. Almost everything I run is small or hard to get, the main exceptions are: Currency Converter...
  4. Erik Twice

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    I found a curious card: Cheer So this copies two tokens for free. Two copies is a lot, but it only copies tokens. If you copy treasures, it's two mana for a card, which is amazing. If you copy 1/1 tokens, then it's a free but situational Call the Alarm which isn't spectacular. If you copy a...
  5. Erik Twice

    General Fight Club

    I think the appeal of Sticher is that it fills the graveyard twice. Dark Matter Manipulator doesn't do that, it just has a bit of a higher attack which it's not really what I want in the card. Out of the cards on your list, I like Lich's Relic but I'm not sure it's something one actually needs...
  6. Erik Twice

    Erik's "The cool side of Magic" cube

    I already break it with Goblin Engineer but it feels...awkward. In practice, Welder only sees play in a small amount of archetypes and it needs support even in those. This means there's not a lot of competition for it and, at the same time, spending picks on it during the draft is costly. Yet...
  7. Erik Twice

    Erik's "The cool side of Magic" cube

    Some random thoughts: I currently run Goblin Welder and Goblin Engineer for redundancy but the latter...isn't always good. I mean, in the right deck it's better than Welder but the deck is fragile enough as it is without having to limit yourself to 3 mana artifacts. So I wonder if I should just...
  8. Erik Twice

    General CBS

    Yes but...they removed the cards from the database? It seems...quick and harsh. And I didn't see any announcements on Cube Cobra :( I'll have to see how I replace it.
  9. Erik Twice

    General CBS

    Did they just remove alchemy variants from cube cobra? My cube is now missing A-Symmetry sage.
  10. Erik Twice

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    This is exactly my experience: It's not about winning fast as much as getting value from coming down early. Compare these cards: Gingerbrute Golos, Tireless Pilgrim Ivora, Insatiable Heir Terror of the Peaks Super Shredder Overlord of the Balemurk Pound for pound, which ones would you rather...
  11. Erik Twice

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    For me the key issue is that life gain acts as hate against aggro. Even small doses can put a game wholly out of reach while doing nothing against combo and control. Soul Warden is pretty egregious because it triggers on both sides at one mere mana. You don't want to remove it but can easily...
  12. Erik Twice

    Goblin Game

    It works, because it looks for "a card with the same name" as "another creature you control". So as long as you have a creature called "Mountain", you can look for mountains. Still, very cute anecdote.
  13. Erik Twice

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    While it works well, I've always felt Kiora, the Rising Tide played a bit too similarly to other "draw two, discard two" cards. Seasoned Cryomancer has a couple advantages in this regard: It has a unique effect that isn't "pure value", it's a human and it may get some value from the graveyard...
  14. Erik Twice

    The ISDODYAKH Set Cube

    I've drafted your cube a bit and have some thoughts: I constantly feel there are too many spells and not enough creatures. This is worsened by the fact that many of these cards are narrow: Graveyard and enchantment hate, build-arounds, 1 mana creatures with little payoff, aggro-only creatures...
  15. Erik Twice

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    "Empower Jace 2" must be the single ugliest text I've ever seen in a trading card game. And all for what? Drawing cards? Do you need to create a token with counters just to draw a couple cards? I'm sure it plays well, it's just disgustingly ugly. I have no interest in licking a bad fanfiction...
Top