Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

Kairi is much better than I gave her credit for the first go-around, I figured there wouldn't be a MV high enough to make me interested in the card.

Technically there's still not, but she's quite good at saying "nope" to your opponent's entire board if they kill her, which makes her probably better than 2012 cube staple Keiga, the Tide Star.

1643082370438.png

As @Grace said, "They made the perfect Low-Power-Synergy Boros Equipment payoff then made it fucking Gruul"

0fz2gqzn2rd81.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I think the only cards of interest in this bunch (that we actually have the full text for) are Organic Extinction and Shorikai, but for completely different reasons.

Organic Extinction looks like a really cool option for low-power cubes supporting controlling artifact strategies. While I think 9-10 mana is a little much for most fast environments, it's perfect for slower, grinder environments. Really cool card!

Shorikai, by contrast, looks like an extremely powerful option for UWx control strategies. Neon Genesis Kamigawa over here is basically a Planeswalker with an upkeep cost of {1}. Every turn, you get to draw two, discard 1, and make a nice little Pilot token. This card's "ultimate" is getting to attack as an 8/8.

I think this is one of the most interesting Azorius cards in general, and I'm excited to give it a whirl!

Last edited:
Hm entirely possible that the modified mechanic will be Naya right? And it just happens to be that the commander was GR.
I’d go so far as to say that this is a “glue” mechanic for the set and that it will be appearing in all 5 colors. It feels very blue to me, but yet the commander deck is blue’s two enemies. White tends to like all 3 things this mechanic cares about, too. That would leave black all alone… which makes little sense for a mechanic like this which can thrive in several different archetypes.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I’d go so far as to say that this is a “glue” mechanic for the set and that it will be appearing in all 5 colors. It feels very blue to me, but yet the commander deck is blue’s two enemies. White tends to like all 3 things this mechanic cares about, too. That would leave black all alone… which makes little sense for a mechanic like this which can thrive in several different archetypes.
The Phyrexians are the original modifiers, right ;)

it was a pretty weird leak season for this set. like a constant trickle instead of just one of two or a blast of a big leak.

it was a pretty weird leak season for this set. like a constant trickle instead of just one of two or a blast of a big leak.
Many conspiracy theorists think it was intentional leaks from WOTC. After all, the cards we've seen haven't given us a great idea of what exactly the set looks like or how powerful the new mechanics will be, but it did show off lots of returning stuff (Ninjas) and some flashy mythics that enfranchised players will love (the Dragon Cycle).

"leak this card, but make sure to have the most horrific camera and lighting so it's not actually leaked"

I mean, maybe. anything's possible.
Obscuring the art is a good way to drive excitement later. When the Dominaria Release Notes were leaked, WOTC still went ahead and did a spoiler season anyway because there was so much cool stuff hidden in the art.

Basically, they're double dipping :p

Obscuring the art is a good way to drive excitement later. When the Dominaria Release Notes were leaked, WOTC still went ahead and did a spoiler season anyway because there was so much cool stuff hidden in the art.

Basically, they're double dipping :p
I'm talking about the one where the entire card is obscured except like five words. If they wanted to do this, they could release partial cards at full resolution with blacked out sections.

But yeah, maybe the leaks are indeed intentional.

Hey gang, is anyone else excited for preview season starting tomorrow? I can't wait to get our very first look at cards from this set!
I honestly feel a little frustrated by the whole thing, and wish that we didn't have a set-up that heavily rewards people for sharing leaks.

(Also, is it just me, or are the spoiler websites more willing to post leaked cards these days?)