Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

I just think that we have seen a lot more mono white creatures with 5-color upside than we have of all other colors.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just think that we have seen a lot more mono white creatures with 5-color upside than we have of all other colors.
You are correct! White has 9, red has 6, green has 4 to 6 depending on whether you want to count Erika and/or Surgeon Commander (note: the mana colors are spelled out so its color identity is 5 color for Commander purposes), black has 2, and blue has 1. I excluding the spoilers in these numbers.

You are correct! White has 9, red has 6, green has 4 to 6 depending on whether you want to count Erika and/or Surgeon Commander (note: the mana colors are spelled out so its color identity is 5 color for Commander purposes), black has 2, and blue has 1. I excluding the spoilers in these numbers.

I am certainly not counting domain cards as creatures with 5-color upsides since they do not require five colors. Maybe I did not explain myself proper. This is what I meant.

From your list, this is how many mono color creatures that has a 5-color upside:

White: 6
Blue: 1
Black: 2
Red: 4
Green: 2

1 from each of these are the Bringer cycle.

I want you to know that this is not a complaint. I just find it odd since I did not think 5-color was a white thing. Or Boros thing?

I’m trying to base my Lands Matter archetype in {G}{U}{R}, but there are very few mono-blue cards that work with lands. Meloku the Clouded Mirror is good at returning land to re-trigger landfall, as are Daze and Gush. Dreamscape Artist doubles as a graveyard enabler but is a bit weak. Thirst fo Discovery and Compulsive Knowledge are both fine but don’t really push the lands theme. And there isn’t a good{U}{R} to fit (Call the Skybreaker is overcosted for my cube).

Maybe a better one?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I’m trying to base my Lands Matter archetype in {G}{U}{R}, but there are very few mono-blue cards that work with lands. Meloku the Clouded Mirror is good at returning land to re-trigger landfall, as are Daze and Gush. Dreamscape Artist doubles as a graveyard enabler but is a bit weak. Thirst fo Discovery and Compulsive Knowledge are both fine but don’t really push the lands theme. And there isn’t a good{U}{R} to fit (Call the Skybreaker is overcosted for my cube).

This one's much better than you would think.

Icebreaker Kraken is a good suggestion (and the artist’s name amuses me) but I don’t run snow basics. Simply saying all basics are snow basics I find irrationally annoying.

Roil Elemental looks like it could be powerful, but is fragile and {U} {U} {U} in the casting cost puts me off. I think I have a copy, though, so might give it a try.

Icebreaker Kraken is a good suggestion (and the artist’s name amuses me) but I don’t run snow basics. Simply saying all basics are snow basics I find irrationally annoying.

Roil Elemental looks like it could be powerful, but is fragile and {U} {U} {U} in the casting cost puts me off. I think I have a copy, though, so might give it a try.
Just sharpie the snow to basic lands and you are good to go. The artist name loses a tad of its joke.
Alternatively, get snow basics and add