General CBS

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I just don't like UG at all, it tries to be all these different things but usually just defaults to something good-stuffy. There's no real identity there.

Part of my "run elves" complaint was inspired by this draft from your cube. I didn't post it under the draft exchange, because its hard not to frame this type of criticism in a manner where it doesn't put the recipient on the defense.

U/W control? from CubeTutor.com

I was trying to go into a UG deck, but couldn't. Its a 420 cube, with only this selection for 1 mana dorks.

Arbor elf is kind of not ideal, treespeaker is fine but a bit slower, making the two prizes fyndhorn elves and BOP. Even assuming I'm pleased with all those choices, to make a UG deck, I'm going to want 2-3 one mana dorks, which means close to 100% of the available offerings, and of those a random number may be removed from the draft pool due to the cube's size. This of a card type that other decks already have a demand for.

Under those circumstances, its simply impossible to draft a thematic UG deck in the vast majority of drafts.

Now, this is an issue with the color pair: it walks a very narrow path, and it tolerates near zero deviance from its established focus as a tempo pairing and the support it wants from a format. Otherwise its forced into a good stuffy wedge or shard relationship, abusing slower green fixing and blue draw alongside the best interaction or threats from a third color.

But if that happens, its not the color pairs fault, its the designers. In this instance, there isn't enough supporting 1 mana dorks to let a UG mage pressure while holding up blue interaction and counters.

Grillo mentioned BW earlier and issues it has aggro-wise, but I just haven't seen it personally. I LOVE drafting BW Humans or something more Stax-y in my cube pretty often actually.

I will actively look to go into it if I can get the early Champion of the Parish or Bloodsoaked Champions (Two Shieldz from here on out) to come my way. The Bx Recursive Aggro gives you all the reach you need when combined with the likes of Zulaport Cutthroat, Blood Artist or Brutal Hordechief. I love growing Champions to the size of midrange threats with recurring Two Shieldz and being able to force some real decisions from the opponent on the defensive. And I also get to play with one of my favorite cards of all time in Braids, Cabal Minion. There's nothing quite like forcing your opponent into trading with a 4/1 Bloodsoaked Champion wielding a Bonesplitter only to drop a Braids and set them back further curve wise.

I find most of my decks are a majority of creatures, maybe 1-2 pieces of equipment, and then like 3 pieces of removal. And those removal spells are usually just used tactically to take out certain threats that might warp the board or just completely shut me out. Being able to curve out a board of like three 2 power creatures by your opponents third turn (where they might not even have anything relevant out) is such a huge amount of pressure. Not to mention that aggressive decks can extract the most value out of Wasteland since they can function off just 3-4 mana pretty effectively.

The BW Aggro decks have also gotten a handful of great tools in recent sets:

Exemplar is straight up a 5 power attacking creature if you can curve it into a T2 Bonesplitter. Selfless Spirit lets you extend your board with impact three drops like Silverblade Paladin and Blade Splicers without having to fear an on curve wrath. Curving with humans into Lieutenant is just so much pressure, especially if lead off with Champions. Thalia is such an ass-kicking for many decks on curve, especially if they're sitting with hand of fetches. Declaration is an obviously amazing card for aggressive decks by never allowing your opponent to actually have the opening to crack that clue with continuous pressure.

I think it just provides a different form of reach aggro-wise compared to Rx Aggro with all of it burn. With BW Aggro, you can just keep on being on the offensive because suiting up recursive dudes with Bonesplitters just represents a net loss for the opponent on just about every exchange. You end up with decks like:

Part of my "run elves" complaint was inspired by this draft from your cube. I didn't post it under the draft exchange, because its hard not to frame this type of criticism in a manner where it doesn't put the recipient on the defense.

U/W control? from CubeTutor.com

I was trying to go into a UG deck, but couldn't. Its a 420 cube, with only this selection for 1 mana dorks.

Arbor elf is kind of not ideal, treespeaker is fine but a bit slower, making the two prizes fyndhorn elves and BOP. Even assuming I'm pleased with all those choices, to make a UG deck, I'm going to want 2-3 one mana dorks, which means close to 100% of the available offerings, and of those a random number may be removed from the draft pool due to the cube's size. This of a card type that other decks already have a demand for.

Under those circumstances, its simply impossible to draft a thematic UG deck in the vast majority of drafts.

Now, this is an issue with the color pair: it walks a very narrow path, and it tolerates near zero deviance from its established focus as a tempo pairing and the support it wants from a format. Otherwise its forced into a good stuffy wedge or shard relationship, abusing slower green fixing and blue draw alongside the best interaction or threats from a third color.

But if that happens, its not the color pairs fault, its the designers. In this instance, there isn't enough supporting 1 mana dorks to let a UG mage pressure while holding up blue interaction and counters.

Well, there's a simple answer here: I just don't support UG all that much.

I tried before, but it just wasn't worth it. There was no real way for me to establish a UG identity at my power level that really shined in various drafts. That's why there are generic cards now with Edric, Spymaster of Trest and Kiora, the Crashing Wave (who will probably be swapped out for BFZ Kiora to support Sultai Delirium at some point). I've never seen a single drafter go into UG as the core for their deck, and like you said it's usually support as part of a tri-color Temur or Sultai build.

I just can't think of any cards that draw me into a UG deck at my power level. Not a single one of the guild offerings are all that interesting and draw me into it and many of the more powerful interactions (like Deranged Hermit and Opposition) are kind of busted. Like, I suppose the UG Bounce deck can work with the plethora of ETB effect blue creatures like Man-o'-War and Venser, Shaper Savant, but the problem is that those are just good creatures that will be wanted elsewhere.

As far as my cube goes, I think UGs place is just firmly as the fixing support for three color builds until I see an interesting card to shape the archetype towards. In the meantime, I imagine that it would just be stuff like this:

UG Ramp from CubeTutor.com

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
The only cards you would need to make me want to go into UG at your power level would be more mana elves; but I personally would go a little further and cut either kiora or bounding krasis for mystic snake, than maybe add 1-2 good 4-5cc tramplers in green.

And thats it. A minute change of posture and there is your guild identity.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
This was actually a good deck to pick apart:

UG Tempo? from CubeTutor.com

My comment:

Yeah, there is not much power here. Kessig prowler, experiment one, and cloudfin raptor (or bounding krasis and strangleroot for that matter) are not really where you want to be in terms of stats or evasion.

I would like to see a polyK, to dump excess mana into while clearing blockers, or a cryptic command (really any good 4 counter is great with mana dorks, which is why mystic snake works in the deck). A couple BIG midrange creatures with trample would be nice to force damage through: hit them up with a buff (vines of vastwood, or become immense to get a big hit on an opponent. Vines and the new card from the artifact set are nice to disrupt removal while growing stats on evasive creatures, and sometimes these cube decks are light on spot removal: a counter or soft counter here and there and you can win off of that in certain spots.

Don't really like harbinger or venser (though venser is ok) because you'll have a hard time connecting with them due to their small size. Merfolk runs lord of atlantis as an evasion grantor (while also buffing) and you don't have that effect here either in terms of verticle growth or your evasion granting mechanisms. Primal command with den protector looks solid though, and the rest of your counters and bounce are ok if uninspiring.

Also worth noting that your blue section already has these fellas:

Which are already strong evasive threats for a UG plan. Even pestermite isn't too bad here, which is kind of nice since it gives the card a better home than just being kiki's buddy in a UR or UR/x shell.

Its also worth noting that UG is probably the best time warp deck (always a fun card to play), as you have big evasive creatures able to really capitalize on the extra turn, and the mana ramp to let you recycle time warp (or primal command/plow under tempo stealing effects in green) efficiently through a number of both blue and green outlets.

This is nice if you're looking for a slightly deeper identity than just "tempo". Den protector also looks like it would fit naturally into the UG plan.

U/G is also probably the best chord of calling deck (if you were to opt to run that) as chord works well with the mana dorks (or meloku), and cards like mystic snake are strong targets.

If you're not interested running too many 1 mana dorks, you always have this classic choice:

Also, really solid daze deck (probably the best argument for running daze or force spike in cube).

The control magic/sower, and ved shackles are also kind of magnet cards for UG.

i.m.o. this is probably one of the most interesting shells (certainly aggressive shells) to play in these midrange formats, as the gameplay is fairly unique, focusing much more on generating raw turn efficiency over the opponent, than generating incremental card advantage alongside pressure. Its one of the few times (in cube) I feel like the matchups are representative of two competing schools of thought interacting with one another.

A fine point. I did cut some one mana dorks a while back in favor of supporting different archetypes in green. There were only so many 1 mana elves that I actually wanted. I mean, UG Tempo CAN theoretically come together in my list, but a LOT needs to go your way. There may just end up being too much competition for especially attractive cards or a lack of necessary pieces within the draft pool most of the time.

Mystic Snake is a card that I like, but having tried it out a few times it was underwhelming. Spot removal to snipe down dorks is pretty efficient so you may just have to leave 4 lands up, Aggro is pushed so you may not even be the deck applying more pressure in many scenarios, and it's kind of miserable to hold it up unless you snag a midrange-y threat. It doesn't check off enough boxes for me currently, maybe worth a closer look in a future update if I mess around a bit more with U and G sections.

The only cards you would need to make me want to go into UG at your power level would be more mana elves; but I personally would go a little further and cut either kiora or bounding krasis for mystic snake, than maybe add 1-2 good 4-5cc tramplers in green.

And thats it. A minute change of posture and there is your guild identity.

Mana elves can have a big impact on a format though and need the same sort of vigilance as mana rocks; too many and you can tilt the scales in numerous, undesirable directions, like
  • making green the "Ramp Color" again, which is a boring and overdone green theme that feels very mono-C when done badly and very goodstuffy when done "well"
  • suck up a lot of slots that could be going to more flexible cards that would give green an identity aside from "ramp"
  • choke out more versatile decks - why should I pick up Warden of the First Tree when I can get 4 elves and just beat my opponent with a go-fast strategy?
I shifted my acceleration to T2 and I was pretty happy with that for a while, because it incentivized diversifying T1 plays in ramp decks or helped give aggro a turn to breathe vs ramp decks (which are typically more consistent than aggro in any non-Savannah Lions format imho), but I think some number of 1-drop mana dorks is probably good, and it's what I've moved towards recently for a trial run. I just think it's important to point out that it's a dial to be turned with care, and has more format impacts than most creature choices tend to have

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Mana elves can have a big impact on a format though and need the same sort of vigilance as mana rocks; too many and you can tilt the scales in numerous, undesirable directions, like
  • making green the "Ramp Color" again, which is a boring and overdone green theme that feels very mono-C when done badly and very goodstuffy when done "well"
  • suck up a lot of slots that could be going to more flexible cards that would give green an identity aside from "ramp"
  • choke out more versatile decks - why should I pick up Warden of the First Tree when I can get 4 elves and just beat my opponent with a go-fast strategy?
I shifted my acceleration to T2 and I was pretty happy with that for a while, because it incentivized diversifying T1 plays in ramp decks or helped give aggro a turn to breathe vs ramp decks (which are typically more consistent than aggro in any non-Savannah Lions format imho), but I think some number of 1-drop mana dorks is probably good, and it's what I've moved towards recently for a trial run. I just think it's important to point out that it's a dial to be turned with care, and has more format impacts than most creature choices tend to have

No argument from me there: I just don't know how many to recommend in a 420 format. At 360, I would say maybe set 5 as a waypoint, and than cater towards 4 or 6 as your format goals and experience dictated?

I think as far as ramp choices go they are probably the safest. When I did spell ramp (and he has quite a bit of spell ramp), that was obnoxious because you never could interact with it, and any tempo loss would always be made up on the following turn. In many ways, I think spell ramp is more prone to have those undesirable effects (though we can get there with elves too) because it usually color fixes as well.

You can at least nuke the 1 mana elves, and you have control over how well they function as color fixers.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
btw, if anyone wants to school me on B/W design go on ahead. I always have a frustrating time making it both compelling and competitive.

Its two best cards are basically defacto wedge/shard cards:

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a concrete (competitive) strategy for at least an aggressive deck (champion + champion humans?) and the bigger grindy decks.

I don't really like filling the white section up with tons of army in a can evasive token makers (though there is an argument for that as regards R/W aggressive decks), but to really anchor that with black I think you kind of need:

which is maybe the source of reach B/W aggressive decks need? Beating in the air with tokens and anthems seems so /yawn though. I suppose its pieces dovetail into a slower pox deck (until some guy gets ran over and killed because they want to "break symmetry" on stax with gravecrawler/champion), but those slower prison strategies never really seem popular on the forum, or really fleshed out. That seems to be the direction the color pair moves in, however (and maybe part of the reason it feels so empty).

It would be kind of nice though to have a somewhat different strategy though, one based on resource constriction, rather than value generation coupled with pressure.

That lifepay control is nice, but never really feels tightly woven.

I really like the ghost councils, but drafters run screaming from the {W}{W}{B}{B} costs.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
As if echoing my own UG rallying cry, here is some guy from reddit:

Orzhov is the color pair for attrition/stax and perfect for it. I find that between Lingering Souls, both Sorins, Gerrard's Verdict and the answer-alls Vindicate and Utter End, the guild is extremely appealing to the player who wants to go go vide enough with token producers (in both black and white and in both Sorins) to use that board presence to squeeze out a win. Smokestack is perfect here, as is Braids. Attrition (the card) works wonderfully for the color pair with black heavy on recursive creatures and you wanting to wear the opponent down.

I actually think that while I generally build with a very loose approach to archetypes, for me Orzhov is one of the better defined guilds and I am also expanding my attrition package in my upcoming BFZ update (and also expanding it to BG - or rather Abzan) by giving the deck more cards to play with in black and green.

BW is a very fun deck to play in my cube if it comes together.

btw, if anyone wants to school me on B/W design go on ahead. I always have a frustrating time making it both compelling and competitive.

Its two best cards are basically defacto wedge/shard cards:

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a concrete (competitive) strategy for at least an aggressive deck (champion + champion humans?) and the bigger grindy decks.

It might have gotten lost in between our UG discussion, but I did lay out some brief thoughts on BW Aggro (and sample lists) in a post a few replies back. This is 100% my jam though and one of the archetypes I've devoted the most time to fleshing out, so I'll lay it out more thoroughly.

For the aggressive shells, you just need to maximize the pressure that you can generate from recursive bodies. The following cards shape the archetype in my cube:

Your gameplan is to curve the first three turns and look into deploying 4-6 power on board across 3+ bodies, leverage pressure by attacking continuously with recursive threats, then pushing through for the final points of damage through going very wide or through Artist and Cutthroat triggers.

The cards that are most important include the following:

Champion of the Parish: A horrible late game topdeck, but it can be the most impactful one-drop within white if you curve out from it. As you can see from the list above, there are a ton of humans available. It's not uncommon to grow it to a 4/4 or greater if you are on the play, representing a very potent threat that can't just be ignored or shot down that easily. Players need to actually devote removal towards it if it grows too quickly. I love the feeling of someone forced into using their 3 CC removal spell to deal with my one-drop.

Bloodsoaked Champion: The aggressive one drop of choice. It is an amazing card that will keep coming back and forcing blocks or chip in for 2 damage all throughout the game. If you combine it with a sac outlet (either Carrion Feeder or Grafted Wargear) alongside Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat, you can have turn where you just swing in for 2 or occupy a blocker, have it die somehow for triggers, then just recast it. If it's the later game, you can keep recasting off the raid trigger and build your own mini-Fireball.

Gravecrawler and Carrion Feeder: Gravecrawler is the 3rd card I look for when drafting this archetype. Alongside Carrion Feeder, you can build your own large threat constrained only by your access to {B}. Drain effects from Artists and Cutthroats have even greater reach with your own engine in play.

Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat: Reach. Every point of life drain is crucial and kamikaze attacks with Crawlers and Bloodsoaked Champs are encouraged. You make every trade of an x/2 with a Crawler or Bloodsoaked less enticing when you have the option of draining AND just getting the threat back.

Mother of Runes: Not really an archetype specific card, we all know how powerful Mom is. She just fulfills the same role here as she does in Legacy by allowing you to basically negate pieces of spot removal or allow your guys to get in for damage through bodies on the ground.

Dark Confidant and Asylum Visitor: A lot of people will draft Bob just as a generically powerful card, but I feel like this is the one archetype where he truly shines. Your curve is skewed towards one and two drops so I guess you can assume something like 1.4-1.7 damage on average but that's just fine for a deck that's aiming to leverage pressure and needs to keep the gas flowing. I haven't had any actual drafts yet with the Visitor, but I could definitely see it draw one or two extra cards once the game has stalled and you've played out your hand.

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Vryn Wingmare: The biggest problem facing this deck are wraths that can clear the board and leave you without any meaningful threats to redeploy. You are dumping your hand very quickly and can be thoroughly punished if you blow your load too early. Stemming off the likes of Wrath of God and Languish until the 5th turn is a major boon and might just be the small opening you need to force an opponent into lethal range. This deck has some real inevitability unlike Rx counterparts who might not be able to recover without burn in hand.

Brutal Hordechief: I was so bummed that this guy never found a home in Constructed. He can lead to some insane lifeswings out of nowhere with the Hellrider effect. Hellrider is a bit too powerful for me to play, but this hits the sweet spot by providing reach while allowing you to stabilize as well. Plays well with tokens or a curve out of 1/2/3 drops just as well. This is the best curve topper for this archetype by far, he's the glue that really brings the archetype together.

Ajani, Caller of the Pride: White walkers have the issue of being too goodstuff-y or just flat out gamewarping in the cases of Gideon Jura and Elspeth, Sun's Champion, but smallest Ajani is the perfect tool for white Aggro. He can buff up your guys one counter at a time to force trades or allow you the change to get in there with a single threat for 5-6 damage in one shot. The -3 plays amazingly well with grown Champions or Bonesplitter wielding dudes.

Bonesplitter: The most important piece of equipment in the entire cube. Doubling up on these is all that my aggro decks needed to be able to punch through annoying early blockers with large butts. It's pretty demoralizing for opponents to trade with a recursive threat only to see you bring it back in the 2nd main phase, re-equip, and have a 4 power threat ready to attack the next turn.

Wastelands: Not as important, but this might be one of the bigger draws for me. With the lack of cards with CC mana costs and such a low curve, I've found this to be the most effective archetype for leveraging the pressure of Wasteland. This also allows for the easier splashing for the effects of cards like Eldrazi Displacer, Bearer of Silence, and Thought-Knot Seer since you are a deck that will mostly be content once you have 2 white sources and a single black source in play. The problem it had in Rx Aggro was that later in the game, I wanted to fire off multiple pieces of burn and after incorporating more CC cost spells, this was actually an issue if you drew too many colorless sources. No problems here though!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This deck lives off of 1 drops, often times I will have 9+ one mana cards in the deck (though I guess Bonesplitter is usually just a T2 play+equip). I almost always go 16 lands since the decks tend to top off with one or two 4 drops. An ideal sequence is something like:

T1: Plains, Champion of the Parish
T2: Swamp, Bloodsoaked Champion, Bonesplitter, swing with a 2/2 Champion
T3: Land, Equip Bonesplitter to the Bloodsoaked, play a 2 drop Human to grow Champion to 3/3, swing with a 3/3 and a 4/1

At this point, unless your opponent has played something like a Wall of Omens, you've likely hit them for around 5 points of damage. If they drop a blocker in your path, it's not really a big deal since your Champion of the Parish will likely be able to punch through x/4s on the following turn. If it dies? Just bring back a Bloodsoaked Champion and re-equip the Bonesplitter. You usually just save any of your removal spells for T4 or T5 and fire it off if they've stuck some midrange-y threat that you can't attack into profitably. Similarly, you can also start off with Gravecrawlers and Feeders for another aggressive early curve, this time saccing Crawlers post-combat to grow the Feeder to sizes that allow you to punch through annoying 1/3s. I especially love board where your opponent is forced into tougher decisions with a Feeder out. Take for instance this scenario:

A1: Swamp, Bloodsoaked Champion
B1: Fetchland
A2: Attack with Champion, Swamp, Gravecrawler, Carrion Feeder (opponent EOT cracks fetch for tapped dual)
B2: Forest, Sylvan Advocate
A3: Attack with Feeder, Champion and Crawler

What does your opponent do in this scenario? The Feeder can eat the Advocate if it blocks through saccing the Crawler and Champion. If it blocks either the Crawler or Champion? They still take 3 damage and you can recast the threat. It's a scenario that can happen more often than you'd think. I have found that if you can average around 3 points of damage from each threat you deploy, I think you're in great shape for the later game.

With Rx Aggro, once you've knocked them down to 8 or 9, you can usually just stockpile burn in hand to finish them off in the meantime. The reach you get from the Hordechief, Cutthroat and especially Blood Artist is crucial in being able to drain out the last bits of life from your opponent. It makes combat more interesting by representing some loss of life no matter what block an opponent makes in most cases.

Any token producers like Bitterblossom or Lingering Souls can help supplement the theme by providing evasive bodies that can peck in for damage or can be converted to a drain of 1 life whenever it dies. Those tokens are FAR more valuable if you can average around 2 points of damage from your opponent over the course of their lifetime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easily one of the most fun archetypes that I've incorporated and I try to draft it as often as I can. I think it's powerful, gives Aggro players a great alternative to the Rx archetype, and it is more decision intensive in regards to sequencing.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I took the top 3 most played gold cards for each shard (rares and mythics only, to avoid pollution of the data by Peasant / Pauper cubes) and calculated CubeTutor's preferred color wheel based on that. The stats CT keeps for each card are Pick Count, Pass Count, Pick Percentage, and Cube Count. Since Pick and Pass Count are closely related I counted them only once in the ranking. The Pick Percentage is the average of the percentages for the top 3 cards, which will not match on the total pick count / (total pick count + total pass count), because pick and pass count are not evenly distributed over the top 3 cards. Anyway, we got another set of wheels! And this time I "objectively" "polled" a large number of cube owners on their favorite shards.

Quite ridiculously, we got four complete ties, but there is a clear winner, and it's not the enemy colors wheel (which only came in tied for fifth)! {W}{B}{U}{R}{G} actually wins out. My own cube's color wheel is tied for third place, looks like I didn't make an entirely silly decision ;) Of course I could also do something like this for the guilds themselves... if my break wasn't already over...

PS. Look at that, the traditional color wheel climbed back up to 7th place for this poll! It was pretty much dead last in all our rankings.

CubeTutor Color Wheel.jpg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Working on my Magnum Opus here :)

CubeTutor Gold Ranking.png

What can we learn from this? Basically this is a popularity poll based on the quite extensive CubeTutor data. I chose to give more weight to true gold cards relative to hybrid cards, and more weight to pick percentage relative to cube count. Gold cards are a better indication of guild popularity than hybrid cards, but I did want to factor in hybrid cards a bit, because they too dictate how succesful you can incorporate a guild. Pick percentage seemed more important to me than cube count. The latter represents how many cube owners have included a gold card in their list, which is definitely related to popularity, but pick percentage actually shows how likely players are to draft a certain color.

Some fun observations:

Wild Nacatl is by far the most popular "hybrid" card, single-handedly propelling Naya to the first place in hybrid Cube Count in the shards/wedges table. Unfortunately for Wild Nacatl, the shard it's in is hideously underdrafted and underrepresented. There isn't a single straight up {R}{G}{W} gold card with a pick percentage of 10% or more. Compare that to the most popular shard, Esper, where the complete top 5 has a pick percentage over 10%.

There's two shards where the difference in Pick Percentage for the gold cards is 0.004%. Not visible in the chart, but the ranking does reflect this tiniest of differences.

Selesnya is much, much, much more popular than I would have thought. Not thanks to its place in Naya though.

Esper, which I personally rank somewhere at the bottom (though still above miserable Naya), is the most popular shard/wedge by a wiiiiiiide margin! Ah well, can't always be right.

Of course, now that we independently ranked both guilds and three-color combinations, we can accurately calculate the most popular color wheel, based on the many, many cubes on CubeTutor, and the many, many drafts that people have done over there. Because people will more often end up in a guild than in a shard/wedge, and because there's three guilds to a shard/wedge, the guild rankings are counted three times and the shard/wedge ranks once. In short, here's my completely objective ranking of the twelve possible color wheels!

CubeTutor Fav Wheel.png

The traditional color wheel finishes a respectable 5th, surprisingly outclassing the enemy color wheel in 8th. The undisputed winner though? {W}{U}{R}{G}{B}! I honestly didn't expect a wheel without either Grixis or Sultai to win this! ... And now I'm wondering what I should do with my cube. Change the color wheel, or keep it the same?

Edit: Darn. I forgot to look at off-color flashback cards. That might have an impact. Recalculating!

Edit2: Woah! Orzhov shoots way up the guild rankings (from 6 to 2) thanks to Lingering Souls and Unburial Rites. Boros leaves the last spot to Simic thanks to suprise hits Rally the Peasants and Burning Oil! The previous winner, already containing WB, didn't change, but in the places below, much has changed. My current setup sank to 6th place, that might be a good incentive to shake things up! I know Grixis is loved by a few players (I once had a draft where three players were in {U}{B}{R} right next to each other), so I guess I have to keep that in. New second spot WBURG looks like a nice wheel to explore then!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This is the same wheel that you selected from my guild rankings. I told you it was the objective truth.

Hahaha, fair enough, apparently you have a very average taste in color wheels :D ;)

This was a fun exercise though, and it made me reconsider my cube's setup! I'm going to miss the grindy BUG decks, but am already looking forward to the RUG energy deck and the return of BW Smokestack Humans! :D