General CBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Uh... No, changing it, then accepting the changes works for me. What platform are you using (OS, browser)? Maybe that has something to do with it? If you're on Discord, you could hop on their channel and ask around.

If you really want alternate art, this one is acceptable. Even though there are three in the background, I do like that the piece focuses on one monk (the first token), and has more in the background (rebound). Pick a new name and you're done ;)

View attachment 2737
Art link

Next text: Creature 1,5 white Monk creature token with prowess + rebound.

You can always steal pictures from L5R, though I think the Dragon clan which has the most monks is green-coded so they might not fit!

What is L5R?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Update: Safari does not have priority right now*. I mean, that's okay, but I did suggest they put that in their FAQ.

*In their words: it's [Safari] relatively popular but not something we actively test for at the moment

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
HECK YES! Collated boosters! :D If you draft my cube on CubeCobra, you will now actually get seeded boosters, just like I use them IRL! This is fricking sweet :)

Edit: And I can put the cards in order of my color wheel to drive the point home!

:D :D :D :D :D

Sorry for the overabundance of smilies. I'm having emotions right now :p

I'm seeing a lot of cards that do mill as an accessory to the cards main effect such as Oona, Queen of the Fae, Bond of Insight, Broken Ambitions, Patient Rebuilding, Winds of Rebuke, Didn't Say Please. It seems like you could use these cards to mill a decent chunk off the opponent's deck, maybe 5-10 cards, then use a couple dedicated mill pieces to hit another 10+. From there, the UB control deck I'm envisioning just needs the game to go to turn 10 or so to wrap things up.

SO, has anyone ever run deck out as a theme? It seems really poisonous, but I'm wondering if these cards with mill tacked on can help alleviate that.

I doubt anyone involved with Cube Cobra is launching DDoS attacks. Magic's community is extremely toxic and many hold a grudge against Cubetutor for the Patron/lack of updates fiasco.

I'm seeing a lot of cards that do mill as an accessory to the cards main effect such as Oona, Queen of the Fae, Bond of Insight, Broken Ambitions, Patient Rebuilding, Winds of Rebuke, Didn't Say Please. It seems like you could use these cards to mill a decent chunk off the opponent's deck, maybe 5-10 cards, then use a couple dedicated mill pieces to hit another 10+. From there, the UB control deck I'm envisioning just needs the game to go to turn 10 or so to wrap things up.

SO, has anyone ever run deck out as a theme? It seems really poisonous, but I'm wondering if these cards with mill tacked on can help alleviate that.

If you tone down your power level a bit, there might actually be enough cards for UB to run that incidentally have mill attached to them to be viable. Countering stuff, putting blockers to the table, drawing cards - and everything also mills your opponent a bit. You don't even need a potent finisher if you have enough of these effects, especially in limited/cube this may be very viable and goddamn am I interested in this.

Mill is sexy.

So anyone think Cobra is behind this? Or people who want Cobra to succeed?

https://mobile.twitter.com/cubetutor/status/1175820333712125952

Disclaimer: I don’t think that is the case. I just wanted to share this with you and share what fans are guessing.

It's probably just random internet troll who got bored of 4chan and harassing women and needed something to do before their Confederate Flag, MAGA hat, and Jefferson Davis cosplay arrive in the mail.

I don't think enough people know about CC yet for it to be the sort of go-to replacement for Cubetutor yet. Lots of other sites have cube builder features. I know at least Manaburn.org and Tappedout.net have cube building features... their just not quite as good as CT. Cobra is just one of many CubeTutor competitors, and it's an obscure one at that. The only reason I know it exists is because of Cultic Cube's video.

I think Cobra is to the point where it's getting better than CT, but it's too obscure outside of very dedicated cube communities for the general public to have taken notice.

If you tone down your power level a bit, there might actually be enough cards for UB to run that incidentally have mill attached to them to be viable. Countering stuff, putting blockers to the table, drawing cards - and everything also mills your opponent a bit. You don't even need a potent finisher if you have enough of these effects, especially in limited/cube this may be very viable and goddamn am I interested in this.

Mill is sexy.

This was the idea. Kind of a casual mill-out. Maybe a few of the not obscene direct millers. Like, that mill 10 thing is a bit much when you have like 25 cards total by game's end.

Bounce your guy, mill a couple. Counter, mill three. Patient Rebuilding: mill draw, mill draw, mill draw. Wipe your board. Direct mill spell GG.

I think it could work. I also have a lot of fun when I'm in near-decking scenarios. "Ok, I HAVE to attack because I only get three more draw steps."

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

This would be interesting in that cube, potentially as a 2-off or a squadron pick. It's the durdliest of cards, and fits perfectly in a mill control deck, because you also get to shuffle your answers back into your deck.

So I guess you can change that name now to what I suggested?

3. Really, really nice design with that Pick the Wrong Fight. I would probably name it "Picked the Wrong Fight" instead.

3. The reason I went with "pick" is that I like my instants and sorceries in an activating language. If you look at instants and sorceries in MtG, you'll notice this activating language: Amass the Components, Anchor to the Aether, Awaken the Erstwhile, Board the Weatherlight, Brave the Elements, etc. I haven't been able to find an example with a verb in the past tense, unless used as an adjective (like Forced March). I mean, I could do something like Mismatched Melee, but I've had this in my design file as Pick the Wrong Fight for as long as I can remember, so I think I'll keep it this way ;)

12E792C7-D702-40EA-B153-CFE38A73B443.jpeg

It could be a 1-set thing :) But I guess it means that Wizards feel like the end justifies the means.

Therefore I also think you should switch the awkward Pick the Wrong Fight name out. It implies a command to a person that he or she should engage in a fight that is wrong for him or her. It doesn’t translate into the Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris sequence where the villain (cocky as he is) decides to attack our hero guy only to lose sorely. And that is what Picked the Wrong Fight name would imply.