General CBS

Where exactly do you attach the washi if not on the sleeve?
It is attached to the sleeve, but on the inside of it, behind the front layer of clear plastic.

Edit: To be clear, it's attached to the opaque back, not to the clear front.

Last edited:
That was like years ago so we don't remember very well, but she said that after some practice every 6 sleeves took a couple of minutes - guessing about 3 minutes. 6 because we cut a strip into 3 squares, then halve each square into 6 triangles. Yeah, it takes a bit of dexterity to stick them there with the tweezers because it's so small.

And sorry, I was sleeping when I said it's on the clear plastic front of the sleeve, it's on the opaque plastic back (obvious from the pictures because the card sits in front of it).

do you only single-sleeve your cards @japahn ? Because in a double sleeved situation, "on the front of the inner sleeve" seems like a pretty easy way to do it, if you want the colored bit to sit in front of the card itself

If you double sleeve, absolutely put the sticker in on the inner sleeve. (Edit: English prepositions are hard.)

Yeah, I single sleeve, because of a couple of reasons:
- The thickness of double sleeved decks and piles to shuffle increases significantly. It makes it harder to make packs and I'd need to carry around an extra box to fit my cube.
- When I tried double sleeving, I was damaging the cards more often putting them into and taking them out of inner sleeves than with they were getting damaged during normal play with single sleeves.
- It's easier.

But I played my cube with penny sleeves for like 4 years, so probably don't listen to me... It wasn't as bad as it sounds, though.

Last edited:
I would do it on the outside of the front of the inner sleeve, assuming it could be put into the outer sleeve without the tape peeling off

I would do it on the outside of the front of the inner sleeve, assuming it could be put into the outer sleeve without the tape peeling off
So you would want the sticker to be viewed on top/in front of the card thus covering some of the left top of the card up?

So you would want the sticker to be viewed on top/in front of the card thus covering some of the left top of the card up?
The exact location is basically up to you. You had wanted to obscure the bottom part where the artist and stuff is, which seems feasible. I just don't know how well the tape would survive the insertion of the inner sleeve into the outer sleeve if the tape is at the bottom of the card. I would have to test it. At the top corner it would only slide inside the outer sleeve for a few millimeters, not the entire length of the card sleeve.

yeah there’s gonna be a huge physical problem with trying to wedge adhesive tape way down into a sleeve. you could maybe stripe it horizontally inside the top of the sleeve behind the card if you wanted it more noticeable without making the application process impossible to actually execute.

- When I tried double sleeving, I was damaging the cards more often putting them into and taking them out of inner sleeves than with they were getting damaged during normal play with single sleeves.
If the perfect fit is too tight, you have to toss it sometimes. Not an infrequent occurrence.

Bought some to test. First of all, washi tape is super thin!

My hands are not enormous; the tape is just super, super thin. I don't even think I can feel it on the double-sleeved card even if I try really hard. This might change with experience but for now I am overly satisfied.

I made two tests as you can see below. One with washi tape on the outside of the perfect fit sleeve in the upper left corner and one on the outside of the perfect fit sleeve at the bottom trying not to cover up artist name.

The washi tape I used was extra small but I might have to test a broader version like the one Japahn used. Small as in 'not wide'.

A bigger tape (broader, wider) would cover all the black at the bottom including the artist name etc.

Last edited: