General CBS

OMG. I have to hear the whole match now. Details.

This has to be an epic contest.

Sadly, it's not even an interesting story. It was a terrible 0-3 control deck that had way too much card draw and wound up too light on removal and threats. I managed to draw six cards that were lands or more card draw and my opponent sacrificed his two worst creatures and ran me over.

I've had my fair share of decks like that. Looked good on paper but just didn't perform at all during the games. Not much you can do.

I recently managed to go Cruel Ultimatum, Snapcaster / Cruel Ultimatum and still lose. Achievement unlocked.

That was my best deck I've ever drafted in Cube. One time I built a super sweet Esper control deck and pack 3 I opened a Cruel Ultimatum, found 2 red/blue duals and threw it in there. Round 1, Cruel-Snap-Cruel was beautiful. Round 2, got demolished by the Exploration, Wastelands, Crucible deck :p

I made it work in a {W/B} Peasant Infect deck, but the odds of succeeding at that in cube are astronomically low (unless you build the {W/B} infect cube of course).

Guys, BTP is leaking again... they came up with the Peasant WB Color-shifted Infect Cube already. I believe this idea has been in the works over there since 2010.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Well, the judge program just hasn't really adapted to Magic getting so big. I mean, on an organization level it has, but it's still the grassroots, "volunteer" movement it was when Magic was too, except in the meantime Magic has been taken over by Hasbro and is making huge amounts of money. I'm still kinda hesitant about this lawsuit though. What is going to happen if they settle out of court for an undisclosed sum? Are other judges going to sue as well? Is this to our, the player's, advantage? Will this improve the, apparently inhumane, plight of judges around the world?

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Well, the judge program just hasn't really adapted to Magic getting so big. I mean, on an organization level it has, but it's still the grassroots, "volunteer" movement it was when Magic was too, except in the meantime Magic has been taken over by Hasbro and is making huge amounts of money. I'm still kinda hesitant about this lawsuit though. What is going to happen if they settle out of court for an undisclosed sum? Are other judges going to sue as well? Is this to our, the player's, advantage? Will this improve the, apparently inhumane, plight of judges around the world?

It looks like a pretty run of the mill employment lawsuit, and easy money for the lawyers. The standard for being considered an employee is based on how much control the employer exerts over the individual's activities, which can be surprisingly murky at times to determine.

What probably happened was the judges and WOTC got a little bit too comfortable working together, and began blurring that volunteer-> employer line. I expect both parties will try to motion their way to a victory, until the cost and time associated with litigation bring them to the settlement table.

I'm sure WOTC's/Hasbro's legal department will, or will already have, made whatever organizational/contract changes necessary to prevent the company from being sued like this again.

I like that the ability related to cycling actually matches with the cycling color! Good job Robot. If that had said simply "counter target spell." I'd be all in.
Basically my thoughts. Thinking of testing that version. I'm gonna brew some off-color cycling cards for sure, though. Also off-color psuedo-flashback like geistblast needs to be thought about two. Cool possibilities there