Sets [CNS] Conspiracy Spoilers

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Looks confusing. Especially if printed at a Rarity lower than Rare/Mythic. What if this gets taken as a later pick? Do you suddenly have 8 packs of 6 and 1 pack of 15 being passed around? Does this read, 'you get an extra first pick'? What if multiple of these are opened?

In cube, what does this mean? Should you be playing 375, so you actually have a booster pack to add?
Yes, though given you get the first pick from the pack he should go highly

You can either play a larger cube, or ask people to bring actual boosters. (Arabian nights anyone?). I guess that's one reason to bring it up beyond 360 :p

jeez i bet this'll take forever to draft. people mix up packs around here often enough already even after i tell people to put objects on top of stuff that isn't being passed

Chris Taylor

Contributor
jeez i bet this'll take forever to draft. people mix up packs around here often enough already even after i tell people to put objects on top of stuff that isn't being passed

Yeah, but if packs get messed up it's not a huge problem. 44 card draft pools are hardly backbreaking, especially since you're missing out on last picks

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, but if packs get messed up it's not a huge problem. 44 card draft pools are hardly backbreaking, especially since you're missing out on last picks
The problem is not that one person ends up with one last pick less, the problem is one person ends up with two good picks from the same booster.

Also, hi! I'm Martijn from the Netherlands. I have been lurking on these forums for a while now, since you guys offer some interesting, off the beaten track insights on the cube format. I've registered so I can... Uh... Type this useless reply I guess?

I'm also curious what you guys think about the new conspiracy card type. Are they worth running? What about the hidden agenda cards in a traditional singleton cube?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dom Harvey

Contributor
splitdecision.jpg

Is Twincast worth it at 1U?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Lore Seeker [2]
Artifact Creature - Construct
Reveal Lore Seeker as you draft it. After you draft Lore Seeker, you may add a booster pack to the draft. (Your next pick is from that booster pack. Pass it to the next player and it's drafted this draft round.)
2/2

Looks like it would be fun.

Yeah, this is interesting. I like the Librarian much more though. 375 will happen though, I'm sure of it.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is not that one person ends up with one last pick less, the problem is one person ends up with two good picks from the same booster.

Also, hi! I'm Martijn from the Netherlands. I have been lurking on these forums for a while now, since you guys offer some interesting, off the beaten track insights on the cube format. I've registered so I can... Uh... Type this useless reply I guess?

I'm also curious what you guys think about the new conspiracy card type. Are they worth running? What about the hidden agenda cards in a traditional singleton cube?

View attachment 68 View attachment 69 View attachment 70

Hi Martijn! That's, uh, submarine in Dutch?

I'm not really sure how these cards work. Is there an explanation somewhere? I guess you just get them without drawing them? They cost draft space but not deck space? Sounds like Utility Land Draft fodder to me. :) People?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hi Martijn! That's, uh, submarine in Dutch?

I'm not really sure how these cards work. Is there an explanation somewhere? I guess you just get them without drawing them? They cost draft space but not deck space? Sounds like Utility Land Draft fodder to me. :) People?
It is! It's my go-to nickname since it never seems to be taken on fora I visit, maybe something to do with me not being interested in submarines otherwise :)

The idea is you draft these and they just start in your command zone, without costing anything. It's kind of like starting the game with a few emblems. I watched the Conspiracy promo video, and they seemed great fun. Sutcliffe had three out on Screaming Seahawk, making them 3/3 flying, haste for 3U. I love the scheming aspect, which is why I don't know if they're really suited for a utility draft. There's also only going to be 13 of them presumably. I fear they're really hard to make room for in a 360 cube though since you have to include multiples to keep people guessing. It's the same conundrum as with morph spells, you can't include only two because then everybody knows what you've got hidden.

On another note: official Squirel tokens, yay!

Edit: link to the video

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It is! It's my go-to nickname since it never seems to be taken on fora I visit, maybe something to do with me not being interested in submarines otherwise :)

The idea is you draft these and they just start in your command zone, without costing anything. It's kind of like starting the game with a few emblems. I watched the Conspiracy promo video, and they seemed great fun. Sutcliffe had three out on Screaming Seahawk, making them 3/3 flying, haste for 3U. I love the scheming aspect, which is why I don't know if they're really suited for a utility draft. There's also only going to be 13 of them presumably. I fear they're really hard to make room for in a 360 cube though since you have to include multiples to keep people guessing. It's the same conundrum as with morph spells, you can't include only two because then everybody knows what you've got hidden.

On another note: official Squirel tokens, yay!

Edit: link to the video

Do you have to keep people guessing as to which one you have? Like the minimum deck size one doesn't affect play, and the others have hidden (written) information anyways, so I don't know if it needs the same level of "guessing game" dynamics as Morph.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Do you have to keep people guessing as to which one you have? Like the minimum deck size one doesn't affect play, and the others have hidden (written) information anyways, so I don't know if it needs the same level of "guessing game" dynamics as Morph.

You choose a creature during deck construction and can reveal them at anytime (They used sticky notes, which is probably the best way of doing it)

They don't go in your deck, the start in the command zone, and trigger whenever. They're kinda the opposite of the utility draft actually: higher opportunity cost, but lower impact.

If any of them are good, I'm looking at the +1/+1 counter one or the birds of paradise one. Gravecrawler seems pretty great when he can turbo out things

i feel like these either require you to break singleton harder or not break singleton

imagine this on squadron hawks

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
My gut feeling is that some of these are still worth it if you're not breaking singleton, I.e. Inferno Titan with haste or copying Unburial Rites. Others will definitely work better when you break singleton. Actually, almost all of them are better when breaking singleton, except for the static ones without the hidden agenda ability. I love the opportunity cost of picking a card that you can't add to your deck, that's nice tension. It's difficult to gauge how high you should pick these!

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I really don't like lore seeker because passing it sucks.

In an 8 man, if you pass it and the next person takes it, out of the bonus pack you get pick #8, while if you had taken it you get pick #1 and #9. In fact, if you pass it, you guarantee everyone else at the table gets significantly more out of the bonus pack then you do. While you might not want to give up a pick to get better priority in the bonus pack, if you don't take it and the person next to you does, you're screwed. Even worse, taking it gives the player next to you picks #2 and #10 without them having to give up a pick!

That dynamic doesn't seem fun.

I was excited about Cogwork Librarian when it got spoiled, but between Lore Seeker, Whispergear Sneak, Cogwork Spy, and Lurk Automaton I feel like things are getting a bit too hectic. .

Surprised nobody has mentioned deal broker yet, I think it looks awesome. It's maro's spoiler today. Can't seem to link images very well, it's

Deal Broker 3
Artifact creature - construct
Draft it face up
Immediately after the draft, you may reveal a card in your card pool. Each player may offer you one card in their card pool as an exchange.you may accept any one offer.
Tap: draw a card then discard a card
2/3

This seems sweet.

That seems like a ton of fun. I wonder if the card is playable too? I don't think I've ever seen a colorless looter.