General Custom Cards: The Lab

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Huh
1652374672771.png1652374691100.png
It wasn't working for me either (Desktop, Chrome) but here's the cards from discord.

So pros:
-Casualty 0
-Also Judith, the Scourge Diva

Cons:
-Can't insta ult if you have a 7 power creature
-Limited on defense since only one can make a token

As I said, I think the sentiment of "I don't have room for a RB card, but I do have room for a RBW card" is probably not great, logically speaking. But that's also me preaching what I don't practice :p

It does bug me a little that if they're sitting next to eachother, the art doesn't quite line up? I hope that's fixable it would look so sweet if they formed a little two person mural with this frame

It does bug me a little that if they're sitting next to eachother, the art doesn't quite line up? I hope that's fixable it would look so sweet if they formed a little two person mural with this frame
so the reason i cropped this the way i did is i wanted at least a little bit of both of them to be visible in both arts so it’s easy to see from either card that they’re sitting together, but i think i like your idea better?

The white border on Athene led me to believe it was white at first. I may be alone in that.

I dislike how easy it is to get rid of Magus of the Pact vs Demonic Pact. It's already a price reduction and now it's wayyy easier to abuse.

I like splitting Baleful Strix into two cards. Might steal that.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
The white border on Athene led me to believe it was white at first. I may be alone in that.

I dislike how easy it is to get rid of Magus of the Pact vs Demonic Pact. It's already a price reduction and now it's wayyy easier to abuse.

I like splitting Baleful Strix into two cards. Might steal that.
Just make sure the bird is an artifact creature so you have the whole card in there ;)

REALLY big fan of Hidden Trove and will likely test it out as it helps support my cube's treasure theme and Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar.

Have been looking for a way to play Demonic Pact again, but agree with Brad; the 2/2 body and 2mv cost offers a lot of options for the controller to remove it. (Switching the damage ability to "another target" was smart, though.)

Using your design as inspiration, I'm going to give the following a shot:
064 Demon of Dark Arts.png
---------

On a separate topic, my drafters have been really disappointed with Goblin Engineer and were looking for more weld effects. Giving these couple a try:

063 Maverick Engineer.png 055 Reforge-2.png

REALLY big fan of Hidden Trove and will likely test it out as it helps support my cube's treasure theme and Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar.

Have been looking for a way to play Demonic Pact again, but agree with Brad; the 2/2 body and 2mv cost offers a lot of options for the controller to remove it. (Switching the damage ability to "another target" was smart, though.)

Using your design as inspiration, I'm going to give the following a shot:
View attachment 6990
---------

On a separate topic, my drafters have been really disappointed with Goblin Engineer and were looking for more weld effects. Giving these couple a try:

View attachment 6991 View attachment 6992
i like all 3 of these cards!
delve is probably correct on magus as a time gating mechanism, that’s smart.
i don’t think i go deep enough on artifacts for welders yet but i will keep these two red cards in my head in case i go that route

here's a card you didn't know you needed

luZf5Ad.png

I am looking for some good art to complete the Amonkhet cycling lands
Example: Irrigated Farmland

{W}{B} Orzhov/Silverquill
{B}{G} Golgari/Witherbloom
{G}{U} Simic/Quandrix
{U}{R} Izzet/Prismari
{R}{W} Boros/Lorehold

What have you got? :)

The art doesn't have to look like it's from Amonkhet (RIP).