General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Also maybe it's just me but isn't fireblast mostly a 0 drop? I've literally never paid it's mana cost...
I guess you could argue for 2 since it requires two lands, but you also aren't turn 2ing it either, unlike something like cloud of faeries
the forum doesnt display zero drops well so i edited it and put it on the right side because its generally the last spell you cast in a game if everything goes well

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I tried to make control and midrange better. Naturally, an aggro deck won.. and a mono-colour one at that.

Monoblack Aggro, With Special Cameo From Karn (He's Liberated He Can Do Whatever He Wants)

Eldrazi Monument used to be Sheoldred for about a quarter to a half of the matches until I swapped in Eldrazi Monument in a sideboard and never looked back.

I was constantly terrified you'd draw the 2nd blood artist and it would just be lights out for me.

When my deck won, it was usually on the shakiest of legs.

Lucas is too good. I can't beat him. I think he needs to be tested for performance enhancing drugs. =P

P.S. I never drafted the 2nd blood artist b/c I was drafting blue thinking that I had a runechanters and delvers and all the blue cards that scry and fix the top of your deck and such. (ponder/preordain/etc.)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about in that deck, but I love love love Eldrazi Monument in both of my cubes. Such a unique card with many fun interactions.

I had so much fun 2 weeks ago when I played Wilson in the ramp mirror and every game I thought I stabilized the monument would come down and I would just sit there cross eyed while he did like 8 to me.

I love it when green decks surprise. It's a good feeling.

It was great. Often it came down after Whip of Erebos which made it even better and it allowed all my lowly 1 drops to have flying and swing in for the win. It also allowed me to cast damnation once for a one-sided wrath!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It was great. Often it came down after Whip of Erebos which made it even better and it allowed all my lowly 1 drops to have flying and swing in for the win. It also allowed me to cast damnation once for a one-sided wrath!

Kids these days. "One-sided wrath"? The only term I'll accept is Plague Wind. :)

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Oh man poor you, you must have had a terrible impression of limited. Was that your motivation to make good draft formats?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, there's nothing about that deck that doesn't seem bad. Extra laughs at Mentor of the Meek in that deck. There are like, two cards in that deck that can actually win games. Actually probably just one. Nephalia Drownyard.