Temple Garden
Stomping Ground
Taiga
Treetop Village
Misty Rainforest
Flooded Strand
Arid Mesa

Alright, big news!
1) I actually 3-0'd a cube draft for once! with a deck that uses no custom cards no less :p
2) This draft used the technique of
-Everyone gets twice as many packs
-After picking, remove a card from the pack at random
This simulates having more people in the draft table (since we're only 4 people here) by making the card pool bigger, but means you really need to think about what you're picking, since rando cardrassian could swipe it even if there's better cards in the pack. It's an interesting dynamic, and leads to some interesting moments where someone really wants to wheel a card and it gets all the way back, but gets swiped by rando right before it would get back to them.

Silverblade Paladin has really proven himself to be the right call for the double strike deck (over say, Mirran Crusader or Fabled Hero). I almost never suited him up, almost always using him to grant cheaper or more resilient creatures double strike. The tempo gained from waiting until turn 4 almost certainly would have turned this into a less effective, more midrangey deck.

Sadly neither of my new bestow guys (R 2/2 Can't Block, Bestow RR2, and R1 1/1 double strike, bestow WW2) were in the draft, I think they would have preformed well here.

Good Moments:
1) Geddon to Destroy a mutavault which would block my otherwise unblockable lethal creature (VIA Mother of Runes and a mono colored defense force)
2) Maelstrom Wanderer into Avenger of Zendikar + Kiki-Jiki, Copy avenger, play a land and swing.

Regenerating creatures + picking day of judgement over other wraths is a good way to give some decks a lot more play.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Okay now that I've figured out that image is supposed to be Yavimaya Hollow I totally agree.

Side note: Also a sick maze of ith variant, when you think about it. You both need a creature AND extra mana, AND need to be in green. That strikes me as pretty fair.

CML

Contributor
the good news is the blue buff worked. the bad news is that nobody can beat zombies

1st

The South Africa Will Rise Again

2nd

Humorless Blue

3rd

Trust Fund Baby

Chris Taylor

Contributor
nazi_party_flag_by_elhadibrahimi-d4qkyxs.jpg

Go figure, I thought it was just red and black.

I did not take down the actual list unfortunately, but I 3-0'd (in a team draft) with a RUG Upheaval/Craterhoof deck with Gaea's Cradle and Library of Alexandria.

It utilised Rofellos, Lannowar Elves and BoP along with Coalition Relic, Gilded Lotus and Worn powerstone as further ramp to get out Ral Zarek // Woodfall Primus along with game enders such as Tooth & Nail into/or hardcast Craterhoof (is how I won most of my games). most of my upheavals were for value around turn 4-5 to restart slightly ahead and I had sideboard Greater Gargadon for even more shenanigens