General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What is the philosophy of that cube? Some of those rares in the winning deck are very.... non-rejecty. :) Looks like a fun list though.

What is the philosophy of that cube? Some of those rares in the winning deck are very.... non-rejecty. :) Looks like a fun list though.

Oh dear, i was writing a pretty long post and then i accidentally pressed the back button on my mouse and everything is gone, just fabulous :)

I was just getting to the TL;DR, so i guess i skip to that :D

Creatures are mostly rejecty from constructed, yet they won't be just vanillas or totally unplayable creatures, so you can actually win some games with tapping creatures.
Removal are better, because there aren't enough rejecty removal that actually would turn around games and if there isn't enough removal the format would be really lousy.
Manabase is supposed to be good, because well... it's fun to not lose to manabase.

This format has been a blast, because every time we draft, someone starts chuckling during the draft and every time we play we see some unique situations that doesn't happen elsewhere

Looks like a low-power rare-only budget cube, with a mana base that's high-power all-rarities non-budget.
Slightly wrong, i find this low-power rare-only non-budget, with a mana base that's high-power rare-only non-budget :)

Maybe you thought the first list was from the reject rare cube also, but it was in fact from my main cube, which is totally different.

Sweet decks! Did the Naya player ever curve elf>morphed Rattleclaw>Bellower? Safekeeper looks really cool in the Sultai build

Nah, as far as I know he didn't get a chance to pull off that line. It was mostly like one dork early in the game to ramp out though that line is definitely one I didn't see when I typed it up. I don't think I've ever seen facedown Rattleclaw in my cube, the dork --> Rattleclaw curve seems pretty rare. I really want to see it now though.

Nah, as far as I know he didn't get a chance to pull off that line. It was mostly like one dork early in the game to ramp out though that line is definitely one I didn't see when I typed it up. I don't think I've ever seen facedown Rattleclaw in my cube, the dork --> Rattleclaw curve seems pretty rare. I really want to see it now though.

it's the only reason i cube it over similar options! lets you play around with density of ramp effects and the most explosive hands

I was in the same boat with Rattleclaw and then I saw it ramp out a 6 on T3 and I realized I'd been playing the card wrong the whole time.

How is Bellower BTW? I just got a copy of that and was thinking of slotting it in somewhere.

I was in the same boat with Rattleclaw and then I saw it ramp out a 6 on T3 and I realized I'd been playing the card wrong the whole time.

How is Bellower BTW? I just got a copy of that and was thinking of slotting it in somewhere.

Bellower is a fun card, YMMV depending upon the 2s and 3s in your cube and those you have drafted. Having cool toolbox type cards like Scavenging Ooze and Eternal Witness are pretty awesome to search up. The best things I've seen are Knight of the Reliquary and Kitchen Finks though. A 6/5 body that brings a buddy isn't just a negligible threat, it's a very real clock if you ramp it out even just one turn earlier. Think of it as having access to any given 2 or 3 utility green creatures in your deck for 4GG AND a 6/5 body.

Had a ton of fun wrecking with this pile tonight. I thought the deck would be too slow and incohesive but what little disruption/stall I had was enough to carry me into the stage of the game where I'm actually casting 5-6 drops. Thirst kept discarding an artifact somehow, the four drops were consistently nasty, and Leap was actually decent here somehow. The planeswalkers really help and it just finds relevant things. I even got to use Dualcaster to copy a kicked Vines of Vastwood and it was sweet. I managed to steal a win with Xinye in the strangest way when a W/B aggro list had me on my death bed after Slaughter Pacting my only blocker and I revealed Xinye and was like "GG?" and it took them a few seconds to get it... :p

I am mildly concerned that these RUG decks might be too strong in my cube, but my group is still having a lot of fun playing with them and whether something needs to be changed around has yet to be seen. I feel like I was mostly just being a lucksack today though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, have a cube list:

This RUG is on Fire

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The 3-0 deck from my Christmas holidays draft! A pretty marvelous control deck. I played the first round, and would have done pretty well with my zombie recursion deck, except I added Baste to my cube, which wrecked my chances in game 2 and 3.

Jeskai from CubeTutor.com

Customs:
Recurring Dream.jpg Veteran Chronarch.jpg Baste.jpg Shrouded Sanctum.jpg Floating Vein.jpg

We had 9 players so this time 2x 3-0 decks for ya from my main cube !

Welder Control

BG combo aggro

We didn't have enough time after the pre-release to play 2x three-round cubes, so we voted for the most fun deck from my reject rare cube to be the victor, so here it is:

You try to figure it out

22 lands and still wins games, this format is a little durdly ! :)

Phew, 3 cubes behind me from yesterday, sadly two 3-0 decks got lost in the shuffle because my eager buddies shuffled everything back before i could record the decks :D

But here is my Mardu list.
The draft that started from a p1p1 Monastery Mentor and ended quite differently than i expected, since Monastery Mentor probably is the worst card in the deck :)

Mardu Enduring Combo