General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Rob Dennis

Developer
Also, it's not like I can mouseover the cards in a photo to show the whole picture ;)

now that I know there's a better experience with the cubedeck tag I'll do that. Also, I updated the last post to use it.

I was apparently thinking of cubetutor's draft deck widget that DOES have a mouseover. Oh well.

Got to draft the cube back to back today, which is always sweet.

Here's a UR spells deck that crushed all comers:

And here's a sweet black devotion list that wrecked house in spite of two other people solidly in black:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I could only assemble 4 drafters yesterday, so we did a Silent Auction draft. Man, that format is soooo sweet! :D The deck below went 2-0.

The two blank cards are Hymn of Salvation and Crumbling Haven:

Hymn of Salvation.png Crumbling Haven.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
man the difference in power level between grim guardian and siege rhino is like startling.
Well, I am trying to get people to play three colors, but yeah, Rhino is near the top in power, and Grim Guardian near the bottom. It's a nice role player though, as it supports zombies, enchantments and Doran, the Siege Tower, plus it blocks really well. Didn't board it out once.

Did a 6 man draft today. I went 3-0 with a pretty sweet UW tempo brew:

I'm not sure I should have 3-0'd with the deck, though, since I had a pretty tough time against a Ru aggro deck, but the pilot misplayed a bunch of times at critical points.

Didn't go 3-0, but this deck was super sweet in a 6 man draft we did last night. I originally drafted a Red Aggro deck splashing a little white, hatedrafted the wraths initially so that I wouldn't get screwed. But then I got paired up against Worldknit Pod. Sideboarded into Control and ran with it the rest of the night to 2-1.

Mardu Conrol

Rob Dennis

Developer
This is the other 3-1 deck (aka, tied for the winner of the night, with a Grixis splash white), which I was able to beat despite having 4 really sweet FRF cards (the update had ~18 cards from FRF):

3-1 All of the Khans

Rob Dennis

Developer
Reef Worm gives you a lot of time on defense, and if anything is slightly too good against {R}/{B} in my list (all the removal will trigger) unless you're able to go wide. No one has really abused sacrifice effects, and I don't expect them to since those decks are typically lower curve and not blue. It's about the best card you can hope for if you're interested in doing something crazy on turn 7 but need to survive until then.

Alesha has more targets in that deck than I remember, but I don't think it's a great fit in that one, really just playing removal magnet and first strike blocker. I'm excited to see it an aggressive list that takes real advantage of it something like:
Shen Yun kind of did a more fragile yet powerful geist of saint traft impression by being a cheap win condition that the control deck can use to protect and end the game really quick. I was the aggro deck, and couldn't risk racing it, because it's pretty easy to just take 8 (silent departure your blocker, pay for trigger, swing[/c])
Tasigur seemed really sweet and I didn't appreciate at first that a T5 casting a 4/5 and leaving 1 really good thing in the yard is really rough. 4/5 is a big body in my cube and that helps stabilize the board long enough for you to take advantage of the ability. I really like it so far.

I proxied up a bunch of FRF cards to test and rounded up some people to cube in lieu of FNM. We only got a couple rounds in before two of the guys had to leave, but we had some sweet decks. Here are the two that went undefeated:

Old School Mono Red

Grb Ramp

So, Ugin is the only FRF card that went undefeated. How was the rest?

I had Abzan Beastmaster for the Jund deck, but it didn't make the final cut. I still have hopes for it, though. One guy had a Humble Defector that got sacced to Goblin Bombardment, Lyzolda, or Falkenrath Aristocrat more than once, which was pretty sweet. Warden of the First Tree held its own as a 1 mana 3/3 with echo, but the deck it was in was either beating down hard enough or getting beat down hard enough that it had other things to do with its mana and he never got bigger than that. One guy had both Monastery Mentor and Soulfire Grand Master in a UW tempo build, but he was one of the guys who left early and I didn't get to see them in action. He put Valorous Stance in his deck too. The other guy who left early had Jeskai Sage, who seemed alright but he kept forgetting his prowess triggers left and right.

Junk Constellation

This deck was a blast to play. Eidolon and Doomwake rock. A few sweet plays of the night:

Eidolon + Eternal Witness + Wave is pretty nutty. You just exile three of their guys, the Eidolon and the Witness to lock out their attackers and draw an extra card every turn.

Another sweet interaction is Voyaging Satyr + Port. My opponent had Glen Elendra in play and I had Doomwake on board. I ported his lands and cast Bow of Nylea, Doomwake trigger on I shot down his Archmage.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
i tried running that, but sorcery speed is a real killer :(

two colours & instant > one colour & sorcery

CML

Contributor
for anyone who loves the early bits of warden of the first tree, I remember this guy being pretty decent:

Sure he's 2 --> 3 instead of 1 --> 2, but not dying to bolt is a thing.

oh come on this card was massively overrated in Rise limited

level up is an incredible mechanic, though -- i think everyone should run student of warfare and its weaker cousin, the not-quite-uncuttable figure of destiny. figure is like a friend everyone kind of dislikes but keeps around anyway because they dislike the thought of hurting it even more. aside from that, who doesn't have these classics? their very existence fills me with joy

anyone try transcendent master?

CML

Contributor
not sure really. i am indifferent to having him in my cube, which means you should probably try him?