Eldrazi Domain Cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
You have 3 Prime Times... Titania is strong, but not as strong as those guys. Just make sure you maintain a density of 3 damage burn spells.
List is outdated, actually down to one Primeval Titan. May need to boost it to two, need to test the strength of the current ramp archetypes.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a blue card, it's just I took the first two columns in order and made horizontal color things to help me out.
Silumgar Sorcerer is already in there, but in a weird place.

Good call with Traumatic Visions.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Working on an updated list here: https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/602fbc725255ed1057845670

Any and all input welcome.

Current questions:
- what kind of cheaty stuff do I want?
- is a top of the library theme still worth supporting here?
- what the hell is going on with +1/+1 counters and proliferate? should white be doing something else?
- do elementals need more support?
- any cool cards from the last 5 years?
- what's in the list that doesn't fit the cube at all?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I stripped the list down from 540 to 400. I'm going to try a couple Brainstormian things and up my land density (more than 60 fixing lands will be drafted) and up the total number of cards drafted from 360 to 400. So the Rectangle will be 5 rows of 10 (50 cards per player).

Revolt seems like an all around great mechanic for this cube.

A lot of these intersect with various mechanics in the set already (sacrifice, +1/+1 counters, token creation).

Putting a light amount of cheat in the set and cutting most of the top of the library manipulation.

Multicolor aggro package stays. I doubled down on Figure of Destiny to increase multicolor 1-drop density for cards like:

Unsure of a card like Knight of the Alara. Maybe the aggro decks already have enough support?

There are some other light themes still scattered throughout (X spells matter, Elementals tribal, proliferate, populate). Curious to see how it plays out.

I took a suggestion from another thread (made by @Dom Harvey) to try:

It's some light intersection between sacrifice, tokens and proliferate.

The power band remains a bit wide. A little concerned about interaction density, but we'll test and see how it goes.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
A couple dedicated colorless ramp lands.

Eye of Ugin has some potential interactions with:

Okay, maybe not Trace of Abundance. But the others can potentially turn it into a 3-mana land for casting colorless spells.

Honestly I have no idea how the balance of everything is. Obviously I've put way less time into this than my main cube, but I'll freeze the list as it is now until further testing, I think. This cube still feels like fairly fresh design space, and I'm hoping some good testing will generate some ideas for how to tweak everything.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Immediate thought: it's possible this cube needs to cut some proactive stuff for more removal.

And maybe the hybrid as-fan.

Last edited:
- any cool cards from the last 5 years?
You're such a shitter.
I ran this in my old Eldrazi build thinking it was cute with the tokens, but it tempo blasts the hell out of the opponent. It's another FTK. Too much tempo and stats and a +1 for the cost.
Multicolor aggro package stays

Looks cool for multicolor support.

Eye of Ugin is a disaster if you're casting cheaper Eldrazi, such as most of your token makers. Unless you want a 4 mana land in play for the double cast...

Mothra is way too much IMO, but the other 3 look fine. The instants are particularly cute.

I only glossed over your actual list, but I was somewhat familiar with it from before. If you want someone to cast Eldrazi, I think Rebel, Eye, and Moth are giving too much value too early.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @Brad, we'll play out the matches with the current list and then I'll start making more changes. I do feel like there is possibly too much " good stuff" early that has to be trimmed to give other strategies room to breathe.

landofMordor

Administrator
Yeah, I could see additional removal being one way to fight against the early "goodstuff". As cool as Shardblade aggro is, its ceiling is punishing for those slow cheat-in-a-Titan decks, but even having simple stuff like Vapor Snag will allow them to stay in the early parts of the game.

Some cards that might fit in:
Wild Cantor (I think it's a crime you're not running a hybrid 1mv creature that fixes mana)
Feaster of Fools
Reaper of Flight Moonsilver
Mask of Immolation
Dark-Dweller Oracle
the keywords Exploit (edit: duh you already have this), Emerge (you have Decimator, but I like quite a few of these)

And, while we're sacrificing... this reminds me of Food and Treasure tokens. I think some of them might be okay-to-good in this format.

I'll keep thinking about it.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
These are some good suggestions. I had Gild in as a treasure token creator. I'm unsure of how many blanket 'Destroy Target Creature' effects you want if you want the slow decks to have a chance.

There are a few intentionally awkward board wipes in the list, but maybe they are too awkward?

For the blade cycle, I feel like they want a greater density of multicolor cards than currently exists. Especially at 3-drop, or 1CD permanents.

I also think my Izzet section is completely wrong.

Previously I had:

Maybe the Prismari 'spell-reanimation' type stuff could work here?