Eldrazi Domain Cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we've been using High Market in the main cube (also in the utility land draft) and it's a great extra sac outlet for the decks that load up on Threaten effects.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
With all the Eldrazi and elementals I might need to track down a copy of:
Image.ashx

A card I think could be really good in this cube is warp world. I feel kind of ashamed as it strikes people as a casual card, but in this cube with the large number of tokens (which are obv permanents for counting in warp world) then you could easily break the symmetry. When you have the potential to put an eldrazi into play through this route it gets quite exciting too. Following on from this it might be fun to put chaos warp in as well when it has the potential to pop an eldrazi out the other side. I know you didn't want to be able to cheat the eldrazi into play but this feels more fair/fun.

Ps. How do you link to card images on this forum?

Alf

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
A card I think could be really good in this cube is warp world. I feel kind of ashamed as it strikes people as a casual card, but in this cube with the large number of tokens (which are obv permanents for counting in warp world) then you could easily break the symmetry. When you have the potential to put an eldrazi into play through this route it gets quite exciting too. Following on from this it might be fun to put chaos warp in as well when it has the potential to pop an eldrazi out the other side. I know you didn't want to be able to cheat the eldrazi into play but this feels more fair/fun.

Ps. How do you link to card images on this forum?

Alf

Good suggestions. I just right-click copy-paste from Gatherer.

I think I drafted your cube above 4 times on CubeTutor now. Every time I do it, I forgot to login and couldn't build my deck. Seems very fun to draft, though, even when I tend to go 3-colors aggro (which must have been above half the drafts).

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

How would this guy work in cube? Should I just have a stack of extra eldrazi forks around for the lolz? Ulamog's Crushers and Hands of Emrakul. If people bring their own Eldrazi they can add those too.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
How's Rhys working? He seems a little slow, even if he is a slightly more key hybrid 1 drop. If he isn't the cut for Alive // Well, I think he could come out for another Dryad Militant.
Otherwise: Samite Pilgrim? He doesn't say "or player"...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps. I'd prefer to cut from Green (53 green cards, 50 white cards), but I'm not sure where the space comes from.

I haven't played with Rhys yet. Just got him in the mail today.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Green eh? Irresistable Prey, Miming Slime and Worldly Tutor seem like good cuts to me.
Miming Slime in particular always looks better than it plays

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Worldly Tutor may get cut. It's part of my "put things on top of the library and cast it for free" subtheme with the blue sphinxes. I'll test Miming Slime and if it's terrible slot in Alive // Well. Lots of things to test.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hoorah, all the cards are in the mail now. Well, except for Chord of Calling, which CFB was sold out of. Maybe I'll have to use a proxy for the time being. Or just use Green Sun's Zenith temporarily?

If people are familiar with it then there's no problem. If they have to turn it around and squint to read it, it's up to you if that information is good for the draft environment.

Also the card itself is hella sweet. It's probably playable even if you can only play three modes.