General Eldrazi Domain CubeTutor decks

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Bloom Tender I'll find a slot for (suggested cut?). Which Sunburst cards do you want?

Myr Superion is supposed to be sketchy. But I've pulled it off in paper and it felt amazing. Pod into it? Chord into it?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Bloom Tender I'll find a slot for (suggested cut?). Which Sunburst cards do you want?

Myr Superion is supposed to be sketchy. But I've pulled it off in paper and it felt amazing. Pod into it? Chord into it?

I might cut: Duskwatch Recruiter, Caravan Vigil, Mold Shambler.
Mold chandelier is good to have around I guess. I see what you're going for with the other two. Caravan Vigil in particular doesn't look great to me. The upside is rampant growth, and that's not even that exciting.
edit: comes into play untapped... that's kinda neat.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Which Sunburst cards do you want?

[...] You could also look into more sunburst cards. The cheaper ones are super funny with Fist of the Suns :) Pentad Prism is maybe worth doubling up on? Baton of Courage is a pretty decent combat trick, Clearwater Goblet is a powerful lifegain tool, Engineered Explosives we all know, Infused Arrows is decent enough, Opaline Bracers hits like a truck, Suntouched Myr is an early drop for the deck, and Skyreach Manta is a fat finisher. The beauty of sunburst is that it overlaps wonderfully with the proliferate subtheme as well :)
:D

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
In general I feel the Converge mechanic was much better executed than Sunburst. I have had my eye on Engineered Explosives, but some of the others feel both less interesting and less powerful than converge alternatives. Infused Arrows is the most appealing to me, but is also at a rather competitive CMC slot.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

So, when I was playing ramp, I really wanted a high-end card that could deal with multiple opposing threats at once. I feel like Dragonlord Atarka is a good incentive card, but maybe too bomby?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe interested in some lifegain effects. Not lifegain matters, just something for bigger decks to stabilize their lifetotals with.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'm at, like, 98% completion. I've got a 540 with the color proportions I want. Cut most of the sketchy cards, there are still a few to test, but I think my testing time will be spent on balancing now. If anyone has time, let me know.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What did you pick that made you go into this?

edit: Also, Woodland Wanderer is an elemental. But it doesn't work with horde of notions.

I believe it was Pentad Prism -> Horde of Notions. It's a pretty functional (and sometimes explosive) deck though, all the creatures are Elemantals and there are some really nice synergies between some of the cards (e.g. evoke with Parallax Wave in play).