General Fight Club

Also

I've been tinkering with various combinations of black three drops for a while now and can't for the life of me discern which of each set I prefer. Help!

Reddit articles deserve no more attention than they already get. Better to give them the silence treatment than to repost them on a serious forum. In my opinion.

I would go with Midnight Reaper and Isareth.

Reaper has relevant typing with zombie in case you're running Gravecrawlers and it replaces itself once it dies. I like that it encourages aggressive play while having your opponent make decisions about whether it's worth it to let you ping yourself and draw a card off trades or eating attackers with a bigger creature. I'm all for more interaction.

While Liliana has more interesting play to her once she flips, Isareth is also a solid card. It was a house during M19 prerelease, especially if you had any way to fill up your graveyard with choice cards to reanimate. Looters work well with her, and in the worst case scenario she'll trade with another card before she hits the graveyard. I'd personally lean towards Isareth since I already have two Lily walkers in my cube, but you can't really go wrong with either one here.

Flip Liliana is one of my favorite cards from recent years. I think in an environment catered to her she may even be a bit over the curve, but it's a very satisfying payoff card to the Aristocrats archetype.

Interesting! In the year or so she's been in my cube I can only remember her resolving and sticking as an underwhelming 2/3 lifelinker. I feel like myself and my group mostly looked at her as a janky Nighthawk and it never felt right slotting her into an aggro shell because of the underwhelming body and double black cost. I think that's a huge part of why I've been personally biased towards Isareth the Awakener, because she has that extra little beef to justify her in an aggro deck while having a better ability for functioning as a mid range road block. If she really is as powerful as you say I'm just going to force her in some constructed cube decks for testing because my evaluation of her may have been totally off base.

Can't make up my mind about these.

Context: I have 4 cards that put -1/-1 counters on opponent's creatures. Counters is a big theme in GB, bleeding into W. http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/4494 - filter by tag "counters".

I like Generous Patron, but it is going to be worse than Rishkar most of the time unless you add some more ways of putting -1/-1 counters on your opponents creatures. Rishkar can put 1+/+1 counters on himself and provides ramp, which aren't things the Patron can do.

I'm not even sure patron is worth the slot, support or not.

It's a cool card, and it is totally worth playing if you can trigger it. I had it in a BBD draft and my team won every time it stuck for more than a turn. I don't think it's for powered, but if you can support it, it is worth at least testing. Japahn's issue is that they don't have enough support for it in their list.