General Fight Club

I'm pretty sure it triggers multiple times depending on the number of creatures your opponent controls. It doesn't care about the value of X for Black Sun's Zenith, just the number of enemy bodies that will be gaining counters.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't think it triggers more than once off of Black Sun's Zenith, but it might trigger multiple times off Incremental Blight.
It triggers once for each creature you don't control you put counters on, but it only draws one card per creature, regardless of how many counters you put on it.

Quoting Scryfall: "If you put one or more counters on multiple creatures you don’t control at the same time, such as by supporting two different creatures you don’t control, Generous Patron’s last ability triggers for each of those creatures."

This is one that's been gnawing at me. Lower power with some allowance for bombs at the top of the curve. This for the top of green's curve, with a tie-in to my cube's lands theme:

vs.

I'm leaning toward Multani because I'm trying to reduce token spammers, and I just think its a cooler card. BUT I'm scared of that recursion on a big tramply/reachy body.

This is one that's been gnawing at me. Lower power with some allowance for bombs at the top of the curve. This for the top of green's curve, with a tie-in to my cube's lands theme:

vs.

I'm leaning toward Multani because I'm trying to reduce token spammers, and I just think its a cooler card. BUT I'm scared of that recursion on a big tramply/reachy body.

How difficult is it to remove a threat in your cube? If it is easy to repeatedly deal with a threat, Multani is the way to go. He is a little bit less explosive but he has that nice recursion ability. It it is only possible to easily dispatch a threat once, Rampaging Baloths is the way to go.

I think Multani is just a cooler card, and I like his resilience to removal. He's plays the same role as Carnage Tyrant - a big green finisher that is a pain in the ass to remove, but way more interesting than a dumb pile of stats with a couple keywords.

Meanwhile.

vs

imo it's Multani and Blossoming Defence. Multani is just grindy enough that you can rely on him to help out the less curve-based lands decks, and IMO decks that want to protect the queen are sometimes looking to protect a guy with double strike, where the stat buff becomes a meaningfully big deal

I really like Multani as a finisher. I feel like one of the bigger problems for G/x leaning decks in cubes with good removal and interaction is the inability to rebuild after having their threats dealt with since they expend so many resources trying to branch ahead into the late game with ramp and synergistic setups. Having a recurrable late game threat to close out the game with some evasive damage is perfect for what they want to be doing. I also like how it isn't just generic fatty #5 in green to ramp into with dorks (if it's less than a 6/6 it's just avg) or a stupid big threat to break the game off early reanimation. Solid card, I've actually been thinking about plugging it into my cube and I think I'll give it a whirl in the near future.

i don't think they directly compare to each other; having said so: i'd got whith manipulation too.
I think it's more versatile (I.E. recurring some utlity creature at istant speed it's not that bad) and dinrova, even if stronger in a vacuum, can lead to 'unfun'( if you play pauper you probably know what i'm talking about) play patterns

May I ask why not Agony Warp? It seems to be a perfectly control sign, kills a dude and prevents 3 damage.

It's the type of card I think a new player would under-rate. I remember thinking most hard kill-spells were not very good when I was new, even though having them would have prevented me from losing a lot of games.

Now, part of teaching newbies is showing them that removal is an important part of the game. Depending on what the rest of the cube ends up looking like, Agony Warp could be a viable option and is something I should be considering. Really the biggest strike against Agony Warp is that it isn't necessarily interesting compared to some of the other gold cards I want to use. If you've a player has been playing magic for only a month, and they're given the choice between having Agony Warp or a Cunning Breezedancer, I think there is a significantly higher chance that they will pick the dragon over the spell.

However, now that I'm putting it on paper, my lack of reasons to run Agony Warp other than "it isn't cool enough" and "it could be under-rated" probably doesn't justify not running it. There are definitely possible upsides to having a more efficient and less wordy spell in the format, even if it isn't "awesome" on paper.

In my experience, Agony Warp is a card that can't be underrated anymore once you've seen it in action. Especially when it is used against your creature, killing one attacker and shrinking another do it doesn't deal damage or loses a grade.

That said, I'm not cubing it for the boring reason as well, but I try to not usw my few gold slots for basic effects like Removal and instead for some spicey stuff like Psychatog or Dralnu. But since you're considering Soul Manipulation, I think Agony Warp would be cool for you too and a better control indicator.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't get how people think this card is boring! I love the elegant design, and on top of that it's an excellent card! Much like Recoil, it combines two different effects that add up to something so much more potent than the simple sum of the parts.

VS

I'm looking for some cards for a pretty big UB graveyard package, and I'm looking for some zombies to go along. Got stuck in choosing either of these. Skaab is obviously very sweet, but 3 creatures feel like it's too steep to end up in a non-graveyard deck? Whereas the drake actually could get splashed in say a UW skies deck or a UG tempo deck?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, Ruinator seems hard to support, though it's undeniably cooler. Definitely not a 3-drop though, where Stitched Drake sometimes can be, with the right support.

If you're looking for a slower card that fills kinda the same role as Ruinator but is easier to pull off, have you ever seen this card?

Does combo quite nicely with the Drake and/or the Ruinator.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ruinator is kind of a trap I find.
I think lsv even said as much about it in innistrad flashback drafts.

There is also fettergeist who is easier but will always be a little more annoying to play with.

Edit: or Serendib Efreet. I don't really have one of these I like

I vote for Ruinator. Could definitely see it being a trap in a higher power environment, I suppose, but in mine that's just the right amount of drawback to make a recurring 5/6 Flyer for 3 safe to run. Last time I cubed Ruinator slotted into a UR aggro deck and served as its finisher. Once an opponent stabilized against the early onslaught, the UR player would inevitably have the graveyard fuel to run him out there.

Ruinator takes real work to support but if you have creature-heavy Ux decks (often, in my environment, UG coco shells) it's a very powerful recurring threat that also goes great in dredge. Imo Ruinator if you put the effort in as a designer and Stitched Drake if you're just looking to fill a slot.