General Fight Club

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Can we bring this thread back on topic please?

Burger King vs McDonald's?

Clearly McDonald's. At least in the Netherlands they serve honestly pretty yummy fast food. Also, I'm not into burgers, and everything else on BK's menu tastes like cardboard. At least around here.

Also, clearly KFC is superior to both! :p

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nah KFC is nasty compared to any of Zaxby's, Chick-fil-A, Bojangles or Popeyes. But maybe I'm spoiled by the American South
Well, we don't have any of those where I'm from :) I'm always curious about the differences between establishments of a fast food chain in different countries. Like, I know the Mac Chicken tastes different in Germany than it does in the Netherlands (both are good), but I haven't actually been to a Mac Donalds in the States (nor to a BK or KFC by the way).

As long as we're on RB sacrifice stuff from WAR, I like this guy:

457bc402-4c31-465c-95e1-694f686e257e.jpg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just went to a local snack bar, and I'm never going to McDonalds again for a McChicken. Well, not when this snack bar is close anyway. That was a seriously good chicken burger! :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I guess no one saw Breaking Bad. Or no one liked my joke :p
I haven't seen one episode of Breaking Bad. Or any of the other popular series like Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul, House of Cards, uh... and other good series I don't know because they weren't big enough for their plot twists or actors to appear in my online newspaper :)

Is this some kind of Dutch humour I do not understand? :p

If not. I highly recomment watching Breaking Bad first, then Game of Thrones, then Better Call Saul and ignore the rest of the shows on your list. Not that they are not good but they are not in the same league.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nah, not humor, I just don't care for series. I've tried watching Once Upon a Time with my wife, and I loved the first few episodes, but after a while I just wanted to do other stuff. Even though I still enjoyed the occasional episode. I hardly ever watch TV either, and when I do, it's mostly game shows so that I can play along, or a good movie. I do enjoy movies. Series though... Meh... Unless they're humorous. I do love me some Blackadder, Allo Allo, or the Office (English version please).

Makes sense, I know a lot of people who prefer movies to TV shows as the escape for a little over 2 hours is just what they need, but series that can be 10+ hours long per season are much more difficult to get into. It's a little different if you do pick up the show early enough to where it's just a weekly one hour commitment, but with the model of seasons upon seasons being backed up in a library, it's much more daunting to get started with it or stay engaged.

I used to be a pretty big TV head though. Not much for binging as often anymore except for certain comedies, but I will check out new shows that I hear good things about and give them a go. Occasionally will go back and watch older shows that had critical acclaim when they were live. There was definitely a golden age of TV with network shows from the close of the 00s to around the mid 10s though.

There was definitely a golden age of TV with network shows from the close of the 00s to around the mid 10s though.
There really was. I never finished Mad Men and I've been doing that over the last month or so and it's just so much cohesive and good than a lot of other shows are. A lot of people say we're living in the 'golden age of television' but I think you're right that it probably ended in the mid 10s. A cryin' shame but what can you do.

PS the best tv shows I've ever watched are:
Rectify (Sundance Channel original about a guy who's spent his life on death row exonerated by new DNA evidence, who comes back to a small town he doesn't know how to live in and that hasn't forgotten him. remarkably beautiful and hopeful, optimistically religious but not preachy, with incredible performances)
The Wire (watch it my dudes, I can't say anything people haven't already)
Nathan For You (the funniest show that's ever been on television. start at S1E4 because the first couple eps haven't hit their stride yet, and then watch the rest of it from there)
Atlanta (Donald Glover and Hiro Murai have made the best show currently airing on television and you should watch all of it before S3 starts in a few months)

Let's bring this back to Fight Club though. I support Zur as a fun thing to do in Esper colours that works nice with some of the other themes in my Cube. I want another aura in blue - I currently run Threads of Disloyalty. Which of these do you think has broader appeal? NB: I support some amount of land destruction and deliberate colour screw as a way to police 3+ colour players. Blue-based tempo has a presence in my environment as well but it's usually UG and relies on stuff like M Snake, Venser, and Skaab Ruinator.

or the new Kasmina's Transmutation
a9771412-695a-4e89-b146-0e3a7336d319.jpg

ALLEZ CUISINE

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Doesn't Kasmina's Transmutation win on flavor alone? :D

I've been running the -4/-0 flash aura from last set, it's really solid as well.

Edit:

Edit edit:
If you have energy in your cube, use this instead:

Let's bring this back to Fight Club though. I support Zur as a fun thing to do in Esper colours that works nice with some of the other themes in my Cube. I want another aura in blue - I currently run Threads of Disloyalty. Which of these do you think has broader appeal? NB: I support some amount of land destruction and deliberate colour screw as a way to police 3+ colour players. Blue-based tempo has a presence in my environment as well but it's usually UG and relies on stuff like M Snake, Venser, and Skaab Ruinator.

or the new Kasmina's Transmutation
a9771412-695a-4e89-b146-0e3a7336d319.jpg
ALLEZ CUISINE

Do you care about the Cantrip on Spreading Seas? Like, do you run any archetypes in your list where having an enchantment/noncreature spell that cantrips is important?

No energy in the cube. Slimebind was solid in retail limited but next to stuff like Chainer's Edict it feels a little TOO cute. I thought about Trapped in the Moon but I don't really want blue to have an o-ring.

Do you care about the Cantrip on Spreading Seas? Like, do you run any archetypes in your list where having an enchantment/noncreature spell that cantrips is important?

I do care about the cantrip. Enchantress is built around chewing through the deck by playing permanents, and Jeskai Ascendancy needs card advantage. Additionally, cantripping is good and means someone might actually play this in their deck rather than just sideboard the version that's a mana cheaper. It would also be one of very few blinkable / ETB forms of card advantage in the format, which makes it more in demand imo. Finally, I think it would be nice to shut down creature lands, Karakas, etc.

No energy in the cube. Slimebind was solid in retail limited but next to stuff like Chainer's Edict it feels a little TOO cute. I thought about Trapped in the Moon but I don't really want blue to have an o-ring.

I do care about the cantrip. Enchantress is built around chewing through the deck by playing permanents, and Jeskai Ascendancy needs card advantage. Additionally, cantripping is good and means someone might actually play this in their deck rather than just sideboard the version that's a mana cheaper. It would also be one of very few blinkable / ETB forms of card advantage in the format, which makes it more in demand imo. Finally, I think it would be nice to shut down creature lands, Karakas, etc.

I think that's your answer then. Spreading Seas is slightly worse than Kasmina's Transmutation in terms of raw power, but it has better synergy with the overall themes you are trying to achieve. It's not unplayable outside of decks with which it has synergy, so that's always a plus.