General Fight Club

While I agree, that bouncing demonic pact is a huge bonus point, I'm actually not sure about the instant speed. It's one of the things that makes crystal shard a tad too annoxing and a reason why I consider replacing it. But on the other hand, he's easier to kill as a creature with 2 toughness, and he needs to stick a turn to become relevant.

Which one would you say is better for the simple gameplan of bouncing your own splicers and stuff?

The biggest problem with Crystal Shard is that your opponent needs to always have 1 spare mana to not get tempo'd to hell.

Like I said, I'd prefer the Mastermind. As a creature it's easier to interact with, and it's able to bounce Pact. Being easier to interact with makes it less annoying, and I find it very well-balanced at instant speed.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Does "Fair" include countering removal spells?
Portal was maligned in its limited format since you can't use it as dive down unless they walk into your onboard trick. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature for you

Hm, I think I'll try the vedalken mastermind. Not tempoing poor opponents and being easier to answer could be the difference I want. Thanks guys!

Blood Artist > Zulaport > Bastion of Remembrance > Falkenrath Noble. Blood Artist triggering on any creature dying makes it the most powerful, Zulaport being your own creatures makes it weaker but still decent at 2 cmc. 3 cmc is rougher to work with, but the new card has a hard to interact with card type working for it. Noble is kind of too slow for me even though it also has the Blood Artist effect going for it. It really depends on your power level which you'd want to run, but those are my rankings in a vacuum.

There is also

who is solid and has bonus synergy if you run some mill/self-mill. I really want to run him, but I think my power level is too high.

He doesn't gain life though, so that is probably a bummer for you ravnic :(

There is also

who is solid and has bonus synergy if you run some mill/self-mill. I really want to run him, but I think my power level is too high.

He doesn't gain life though, so that is probably a bummer for you ravnic :(

I think our cubes are of a comparable power level (although you run a couple of planeswalkers I would not play). I run Syr Konrad, the Grim and he is very powerful in Black-X midrange and especially Black-Green Dredge. If you're still running a Multiplayer focused environment, then I would definitely try Konrad since he deals damage to Each opponent whenever one of his conditions is met. The card is great.

The multiplayer setting is why I am trying a few pushed planeswalkers (more opponents usually means easier to deal with), but if we are at about the same power level and he is good for you, I am really excited. I've been eyeing the guy since his release and thought I had irrational love for the card.

With him coming in, I will probably cut Cruel Celebrant since it feels like too many of these effects (Artist, Cutthroat, Syr Konrad and Judith).

Thanks for the input!

wtf Syr Konrad is fucking strong, love the card as it's good in selfmill, aristocrats, token/human aggro

now, a comparable fight:

vs vs

Personally, I prefer Devil over Judith as a signpost for Aristocrats. You play with a lot of tokens, Judith would be only great in a weenie strategies that doesn't pack too many tokens. Sharpshooter is comparable to the Devil, not a beater, but pings by himself once a turn. I'd say Sharpshooter could be seen as the strongest of these cards, although Arisocrats is an aggro deck that could make great use of the Devil as a beater.

E: I also run Terramorphic Expanses and cards that create Clue tokens (and maybe Treasure tokens), so that could be another plus for the Devil.

I like the devil and the sharpshooter, and think both can easily be run. The devil provides that all-important signpost for the color pair, and the sharpshooter can provide a complementary pinging effect in red. Note that the sharpshooter does not ping "by himself" because of the first line that prevents untap.

You're right, I played for years with Sharpshooter and just forgot that important line.

I don't know, I like Sharpshooter and I like the Devil. What I dislike is if there's a BR card that you essentially also run as a mono R card. Would you ever pick Devil over Sharpshooter? I also don't run Renata, Called to the Hunt because I like Good-Fortune Unicorn a lot more as a signpost and want my multicolour cards to be something special; they should be seen as cornerstones for supported archetypes. I don't know if it's good if people can have (nearly) the same in monocoloured cards.

I would pick the devil because I'm in a RB deck, assuming that's the color combo of the aristocrats deck? And I would then pick the sharpshooter if it furthers support for my drafting. I would happily run both in a sacrifice-based deck, there's really no problem here. The devil is a perfect archetype indicator, so I wouldn't worry about how "special" or "unique" it is.

I would also run Renata in your case, with the same logic. The monocolor creature doesn't somehow invalidate the multicolored one, it adds redundancy and depth to the archetype and decks.

I would also run Renata in your case, with the same logic. The monocolor creature doesn't somehow invalidate the multicolored one, it adds redundancy and depth to the archetype and decks.

Yeah I agree with this point! Running essentially a "second copy" of a card but in gold means that you are rewarded for playing that color pair.

Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoth

Has officially been released on Mtg Arena
Has not officially been released on paper

May I post a picture of a reprinted card in a thread like this one?

Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoth

Has officially been released on Mtg Arena
Has not officially been released on paper

May I post a picture of a reprinted card in a thread like this one?

Yeah I mean the set's out and people can play with it. The paper print was only delayed thanks to the Virus.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
From best to worse: DTK, IKO, RIK, ROE

This ranking is flawless.

However...

13ff769b-455b-497a-afc4-d87e1ff7e33d.jpg

Evolving Wilds|AKH
Evolving Wilds|BFZ

All of these rank above the ROE one for me

Evolving Wilds|DKA is the worst one.

Also, I don't know if you do foils, but there are two more arts out there that are beautiful, but (unfortunately) only come in foil versions.

56214360-6790-49a2-950c-5365b6a9b630.jpg
fe2ddb54-c111-4612-aba5-b5e87b888251.jpg

I own all variants of Evolving Wilds. I have had all in my cube.
I later trimmed them to 3 copies.
With the release of Ikoria, I now have four variants I like so I need your help because I want to stick with 3.

Sorry, I should have written this to begin with :)

——

So far we have 3 votes for cutting the Rise of the Eldrazi.
I will leave the voting open until someone else starts a new Fight Club topic.