GBS

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Solitary Confinement and Progenitus are the two closest effects I can think of (for players/creatures respectively), but this is a first.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah nobody better run this card. Mister 3 mana progentius has me on tilt now.

on the other hand, have you seen them curses?
curseofpredation.jpg
curseofshallowgraves.jpg

It's amazing how much from this set is shaping up to be better in legacy than commander

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
The curses seem like a lot of fun. I particularly like the black curse. I'm not sure about how useful they are though. Are they weak to board wipes (because they undue everything) or strong against them (because they stay on board). All in all, they are cool but don't really change the dynamics. Low impact, high fun.

CML

Contributor
progenifish: keeping legacy tastelessly balanced since ... when does this set come out? i want a set immediately.

oh god it can block too. wtf

do you guys recommend reading non-hbweow murakami? another friend (a math ph.d. student) is far more well-read than me and he told me not to, but, his tastes are estimable but not infallible

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
do you guys recommend reading non-hbweow murakami? another friend (a math ph.d. student) is far more well-read than me and he told me not to, but, his tastes are estimable but not infallible

I read every Murakami book I get my hands on and have yet to be disappointed. Probably wouldn't recommend 1Q84 though. Wind-Up Bird Chronicles and Kafka on the Shore were pretty excellent.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
As a wise man on this forum once said, there are a lot more 3/2 and 3/3s for two in the world then there used to be. You probably want to cube some of them. As the days go by, have been beginning to think thatGiant Tortoise is preferable to Omenspeaker as it kills the 2/1s AND blocks the 3/3s. The additional functionality is likely worth the lack of utility.

CML

Contributor
ashiok is wonderful

as for omenspeaker, it all depends on if you made this critical DGM update

21.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah eric, nobody is regrowing a guy unless they've got some way to punish you for it :p
It's also exhume if you only have one guy in your yard.
Just imagine they respond by discarding sower of temptation...

On the other hand, curse of predatation is incredible. Gleam of Battle for HALF THE MANA (and colors)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Rites is in there! It's under Orzhov, since I can't imagine ever playing it without splashing one Plains.

I find that by the time I'm casting my four and five mana reanimation spells, I often have more than one fatty I want to return. Worst case, I can blow my Dread Returns and Mannequins first, make the opponent deal with those, and then save this one for the second salvo.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
attachment.php

Apparently, commander sets are where they print cards that make absolutely no sense?

Temporal Spring is Green/Blue, right? I guess not being able to target a land, becoming an instant, lowering the cost and adding a scalable upside somehow turns this into a white card?

This card is amazing, but I have no idea if I want to run it.