GBS

The trick with stuff like this ime is to make like 20 and then freeze them. Also that seems like a lot of time! I normally build on a base of kidney beans, black beans, medium diced tofu, mixed veggies and usually potato. The beans are either canned or pressure cooked (5-15 minutes), the potato is either pressure cooked or leftover, salsa and tomatoes are canned, rice is leftover, tofu is pressed and dried, and then the rest of the prep is maybe a half hour and assembly is another 15-20. Put a table in front of the TV and I can usually knock out a dozen in 1-2 episodes of something trashy (Penny Dreadful, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, CNN).

Other good breakfast burrito combos:
Chickpeas, sweet potato, wilted spinach/mustard greens, rice, chutney, chana masala spices, amchur, garam masala
Grilled tofu (beef if you insist - sliced thinly on the bias), chipotle salsa, potato, kale, garlic, caramelized onion, rice, large diced tomato, cilantro

If it takes longer than an hour to make a dozen of any of those you're not doing it right.

What other protein do you use besides tofu ? Isn't Quorn great in a burrito for example?
We've used seitan and quorn and we are anxiously waiting our turn to get to taste our national pride invention the pulled oats !

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Look what arrived today!
t74kSdf.jpg

I'm not far in, but it's quite funny so far.

Are there any cooperative drafting games out there? Something where you're trying to communicate through signals with your teammates? I enjoy games that ask people to communicate in an atypical way.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Are there any cooperative drafting games out there? Something where you're trying to communicate through signals with your teammates? I enjoy games that ask people to communicate in an atypical way.

Uh, not exactly. We do team grid drafting sometimes, but that is explicit communication.

You can play Seven Wonders in teams and it's really good that way, but it's full communication and you can show each other your hands. You also draft face up in that game so signals are less of a thing.

Hanabi was the first and only thing that came in to my mind right away, but saying it's a drafting game would be a reach. Game is full of signaling, but the fun part of it is that you can't really give signals like voices or faces or extra words.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...ly-gerrymandering-can-swing-election-outcomes

Trump was right, voting in the US is rigged! In his favor! Regardless who benefits from this though, gerrymandering is a truly depressing excess of the American voting system.

PS The Dutch system (which is used in most European countries I believe) has its flaws as well though. We have a lot of parties, so our governments are mostly coalition-based, but the election winner gets to try and form an alliance first. Since you only have one vote, a lot of people flock to the party with the highest chance at a majority that's still somewhat close to their ideals. This hasn't led to a two-party system yet (and it's very unlikely that it will), but the two largest parties each election definitely get more votes than they would have based on real voter preference.