GBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
League of Super Redundant Heroes is an amusing silly webcomic :)

Strip-536.jpg

Does anyone have / use Tabletop Simulator? I was thinking of throwing my cube on there now that my playgroup is on another continent but I don't understand how to make custom game pieces please help

Does anyone have / use Tabletop Simulator? I was thinking of throwing my cube on there now that my playgroup is on another continent but I don't understand how to make custom game pieces please help

Haven't tried and i will be interested to know if it works in there, but have you tried Cockatrice or Xmage ?
You can play there for free with your friends, but you have to draft elsewhere first, then just make a deck by typing the cards in cockatrice / xmage and play.

Yeah, I've used both. Probably the better option, Tabletop Simulator is a more aesthetically pleasing (you can, like, throw cards at stuff and there's a physics engine) but Cockatrice is the most efficient way to stimulate a game of Magic.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I'm stunned the Leave campaign won in the UK. This is going to have major ramifications for the future of Europe. I can't imagine a scenario where this move is financially advantageous for the UK, and the renegotiations of all treaties will be a nightmare... Baffled. There might be other consequences as well. I've already heard talks about Scotland seceding and Northern Ireland joining Ireland so they can remain in the EU, and I know there are politicians in the Netherlands brooding on a Stay/Leave referendum to try and force a Nexit, and there's other countries that might follow the UK's lead as well. This result might split the UK and Europe. Terrible. At least from my point of view.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
The thing is, I doubt many people have any idea what would actually happen, in either case. I know I don't. I don't think I heard a single fact from either side of the debate, except when they denounced the other side's facts as being made up.

So my opinion is pretty shallow: I like traveling in Europe without a visa, I love living in a multicultural city, and I have friends that may never be able to live here any more. So I'm annoyed about the result, but in all honesty I don't know how the big picture is going to turn out, and on my personal level it might not even be that much different.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Well, the UK didn't just vanish overnight, it's still geographically in the same spot, so business will continue. It has to. It's pretty much a given that it can't continue as normal though, since leaving the EU probably means the UK will leave the free trade zone. They could go the way of Norway, staying in the free trade zone without being in the EU, but frankly, that's a pretty miserable position to be in, as you still have to abide by all the rules and regulations set out in the free trade agreement, but you no longer have any say in defining the terms of agreement, since you don't have a vote in the EU council anymore. A bit of a mess really. In short, I don't want too be too pessimistic, but this might very well be a Pyrrhic victory for the Leave campaigners.

I felt physically sick this morning. The whole campaign has been built on lies, xenophobia and misplaced nationalism. Bear in mind that 48% of voters chose remain, so we're not all in the same camp.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Well, the UK didn't just vanish overnight, it's still geographically in the same spot, so business will continue.

Well I think this is something most people aren't being properly informed about. The projections show that after we cut ties with Europe, we're going to start drifting northward. On the plus side, if Scotland quits and stays in the EU, it'll move south, and the result will be a spectacular new chain of mountains, hopefully taking out Newcastle.

Pyrrhic indeed. The pound is already at a 30 year low down 10%, Japan stopped trades with UK, it's looking to have worldwide consequences, and fast.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I mean on the one hand, the pound at a 30 year low after one day means nothing, market shifts always mean a drop in currency, be they good or bad.

On the other hand, Cameron doing this and then immediately quitting reeks to me. I feel sorry for whoever is elected next and political career is ruined by being forced to try and clean this up.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Cameron had to quit; it was his blunder, and he'd have no authority to conduct negotiations. If he didn't jump, he probably would have been pushed.

Most of the contenders to take over next aren't sympathetic figures, and some of their political careers are being made by being forced to try and clean this up. Very few people expected this, including senior figures on the Leave side.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I mean on the one hand, the pound at a 30 year low after one day means nothing, market shifts always mean a drop in currency, be they good or bad.

Well, while it may be awkward for you guys who live over there. I am having a great time. The Australian dollar has been trash for a while so I have been taking this opportunity to buy some dirt cheap (comparatively) video and board games.

Definitely picking up Codenames from the recommendations from this forum!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, while it may be awkward for you guys who live over there. I am having a great time. The Australian dollar has been trash for a while so I have been taking this opportunity to buy some dirt cheap (comparatively) video and board games.

Definitely picking up Codenames from the recommendations from this forum!

I have Codenames, it's pretty fun. I don't think it's better than Avalon, but I like it nonetheless.