General Guess the Card

So before Japahn posted his riddle, I also posted one above.

You could try your luck with that card if you’re stuck.
Sorry, I think I missed your edit before posting. It was an edit, right?

This doesn't seem quite right based on the other criteria, but is it Wind Drake?
Not Wind Drake, but good guess.

I've been thinking about this card, but it only fits part of the hints. It's definitely not draft chaff... Also doesn't fit with the last hint.

Yeah, the text was reused much more often.

That hint makes me think it's:
Good guess, there aren't as many versions of this card though.

Ok, I will give a bit more information.

This card was definitely not anything format-defining, but it least it was played in Standard.

What's interesting, is that it is a functional reprint of another card that was never played in Standard, but has arguably been at its peak popularity in recent years!

Reactions: dbs

Functional reprint of Trained Armodon and was actually played in standard. But I guess it only has one art ...

Hmm

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This card has been included in Standard decklists at the highest level tournament, and as a result numerous casual players own it, but I couldn't for the life of me remember ever reading it before I found it today clicking Random Card in Scryfall.

Nowadays, it would be hard to defend even a sideboard inclusion; it would have easily been C+ draft chaff. Wizards clearly didn't Hold the Line on power creep.

This card's flavor text has quotes of two different characters whose cards were first printed 4 years apart. But one of the quotes is, in a later print, strangely not attributed to the character anymore. He might very well have been cancelled.
Does it help if I mention that:

This card's rules text (replacing the card name) has been used in its entirety in more than ten other cards, exactly half of them added to other text (as of today) and the other half without any modifications (besides the card name)?
Ok, I will give a bit more information.

This card was definitely not anything format-defining, but it least it was played in Standard.

What's interesting, is that it is a functional reprint of another card that was never played in Standard, but has arguably been at its peak popularity in recent years!
Your hints are as obscure as the card you are looking for. I spent at least an hour looking, and I came up with nothing... :oops:

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's because you literally asked someone else to create a riddle ;) Honestly, I didn't pick up you actually posted a card riddle, but I can take a stab! I know it's an Avengers quote, and honestly, I can't think of a more Avenger-ish card than this one:
Am I right? :)

Wow, good one. Maybe that would have been better than the actual card. Wrong guess but damn.

@japahn
Yes it was an edit. But wow you were fast because I literally edited in the same minute or something like that.

My card in an Un card.

Someone else create a riddle. I don't have one.

Okay I have a riddle.

“Where is Gamora?”
“Yeah, I’ll do you one better, who is Gamora?”
“I’ll do you one better, why is Gamora?”
Since I am not doing so hot with Japahn's I got this one, it's

Geez that card looks ugly here lol

Last edited:
But nah I got nothing :p
Here are the clues in list form:

- This card has been included in Standard decklists at the highest level tournament, and as a result numerous casual players own it, but I couldn't for the life of me remember ever reading it before I found it today clicking Random Card in Scryfall.

- Nowadays, it would be hard to defend even a sideboard inclusion; it would have easily been C+ draft chaff. Wizards clearly didn't Hold the Line on power creep.

- This card's flavor text has quotes of two different characters whose cards were first printed 4 years apart. But one of the quotes is, in a later print, strangely not attributed to the character anymore. He might very well have been cancelled.

- This card's rules text (replacing the card name) has been used in its entirety in more than ten other cards, exactly half of them added to other text (as of today) and the other half without any modifications (besides the card name)

- The text was reused much more often than Fallen Angel.

- There aren't as many versions of this card as Mind Rot.

- This card was definitely not anything format-defining, but it least it was played in Standard.

- What's interesting, is that it is a functional reprint of another card that was never played in Standard, but has arguably been at its peak popularity in recent years!

- The quotes by two characters are in different versions of the flavor text, not on the same printed card.

Hold the Line was intended, yeah.

Oh man, I'm sorry I am causing so much doubt! After you figured Train's card I doubted I could produce any difficult set of hints. Bet you're dying to know what it is.

New hint: the key to getting this card was either winning or playing fair.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That has to be it!

- What's interesting, is that it is a functional reprint of another card that was never played in Standard, but has arguably been at its peak popularity in recent years!
This hint I still don't get though. I'm curious about the card you had in mind here @japahn!

I will continue the game then ;)

I AM THE END OF THE LEADER WHO FOOLISHLY TRIED TO COMMAND HIS PARTY MEMBERS.

note: look for flavor text :p