General Guess the Card

Pretty sure I found it by googling. Wont spoil it for the rest, so you can keep guessing.

Izzet Guildmage + Desperate Ritual + Lava Dart

Huh, I don't even get how that is supposed to work from looking at the cards.
Edit: ok I found a description but would never have thought this could work.

There are 5 cards set on Ikoria, so one of them must be a real clue. This means that the card is almost certainly from Ikoria. Also, there are 5 creatures, which implies to me that the card is a creature as well.

The Slayer is an interesting card that you have access to from the start of the game, implying to me that we're looking for a companion, a creature you start the game with. This narrowed my guess to one of the companions.

4 of them are R/W, and 3 of them have cycling, an activated ability. Zirda is the R/W companion and it reduces the cost of activated abilities--such as cycling--by {2}. Ergo, I think it's Zirda.

I could just be wrong, though. Notably, there are 4 enchantments, but enchantments are a) not creatures on Ikoria and b) not a big thing on Ikoria.

Last edited:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
A good guess, but nope. You are right that it is a creature, and one or more of the iko cards have to be a real clue. Again, this one will be a bit hard ;)
Is it...

?
It's a 1/1 for {W} (like Flourishing Fox). It has lifelink (like, effectively, Zenith Flare). You can only activate it when your life total is 7 higher than your starting life total (hence the The Slayer hint). Finally, it makes 4/4 tokens (the same size as Floodtide Serpent). Red herrings: Doomwake Titan, Drannith Stinger, Titan's Nest, and Unpredictable Cyclone.

Let’s try:
You are right about one thing, but not this card :p

Is it...

Man, I am so sorry, but no.:( The card is not a bunch of hoops, once you realize the card you will kick yourself for not realizing it sooner. Many casual players have this card since the set was popular.

Maybe it's

But that would probably be a little too much on the nose.
Nah, this card is nowhere close to as iconic ;)

The real kicker of this card is figuring out the red herrings.

That doesn’t narrow it down at all :p

Is it simply
then?
Going for the simpler is a good approach, but no. Watch out for the red herrings. The card perfectly encapsulates all four of the cards. And tastes like french vanilla.
EDIT: oops, maybe I shouldn't have revealed the french vanilla part, I can get it pretty easily now :p

Last edited: