General Guess the Card

This low-powered white removal spell that has never seen play in any constructed format has four different printings. All four with different/new art and they are split between classic border, modern border and post m15 border. The name is cute and has two words, the effect is mediocre and has two sentences. Both two and four are represented on the card somehow.

If you are the furthest from the last to decipher its name, you may continue this thread and win some fame.
Use your breath and write down your words, let them be judged and this forum be stirred.

Is it...

It was played to a top 8 finish by none other than the brothers Ruel, but it fits so well!
One of the hints was a trap

..appearently

1657570448627.png1657570454230.png1657570462646.png1657570473018.png
Here are the four variants.
I had put 'last' and 'breath' into the riddle.

Good guess! You are correct!
If you want, you may continue the game. As a person who now has that right, you may also choose to not continue the game if you so desire.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Despite being able to potentially kill cards with the block mechanic outright, this common didn't get reprinted the first, nor the second time that mechanic got reprinted in a regular block. Maybe it's because this removal on a stick isn't very efficient, maybe its because this card became the nickname for a (once) famous Magic player who couldn't keep his eyes on his own draft pack. Who knows?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Oooh, spoilering the answers is a good idea, gives others the chance to take a guess. I should have thought of that when I guessed Last Breath :)

this card allows you to show off your blinged-out commander deck perhaps better than anything else ever printed, while also being a surprisingly powerful option for cube…

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's plain to see that my favorite art for this card is from a bygone age. Was it not the bard from Stratford-upon-Avon who said: "Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate." I think he might have been looking at this version of the card.

It's plain to see that my favorite art for this card is from a bygone age. Was it not the bard from Stratford-upon-Avon who said: "Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate." I think he might have been looking at this version of the card.
Is it…

Bingo! It was the beautiful Invasion Plains, John Avon's first, and imho still best, of many for MtG!
Fun! I saw that art when looking through Avon's catalog and thought "this one is nice, let's see if that's the answer." I also threw in the Unhinged because who doesn't like the unhinged lands?

Ok, my turn.

People used to flock to this card in Draft, even though it never saw any real constructed play. Some even joked about first picking it over bomb mythics: this card was just that ubiquitous.