Hearthstone

It looks like I'm not the only one here who plays. You guys should a) add me, and b) check out the deck I dusted like all my cards to build now that you can dust expansion cards
uZ32vad.png

My best arena run is 9 wins though I typically get 2-3. I'm definitely way more into Arena and most of my gold goes to it and I get Dust out. I've been a little sick lately though so I've been laddering in bed with this deck and might try to hit Legend at some point just for the card back (which tbh i probably wouldn't use).

battletag: chaitealatte #1597

~meet me in the pit~

I started it in beta and played mostly arena, last year i tried a little more to step into constructed since i basically got every card that i wanted for almost any deck.
Got to rank 1 and then dropped down and never got back there again after the season ended. I took a long break from hearthstone after that :D

I think i've got 12 wins with every class now, not 100% if i got the rogue, because i hate to play with it.
Arena is a lot harder now compared to the beta because players are a lot better now i think.
Getting to 7 wins seems like a job well done now.
Also the games seems to be a lot more swingy after the inspire cards came around...

i'll add you after i've downloaded the blizzard thing again on my freshly installed windows.

Also because reasons my first golden monkey experience:

bk8x4IQ.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Huh, I watched a few games, and there's a lot of neat new cards. Maybe I should give it another try. I really dig the discover mechanic, and Golden Monkey looks like a hoot!

I'm pretty excited for the release of formats, for the long-overdue wave of nerfs to the current card pool, and at the idea that this means Blizzard is going to take a more active role in balancing and improving the game.

Arena is my favorite part of Hearthstone, but there's a lot they could do to improve the format. Beyond new cards being added to the card pool, and capping runs at 12 wins instead of 9, it's the same arena as in closed beta years and years ago.

I feel like they're reluctant to make changes for fear of killing the golden goose. Players might get upset if Blizzard nerfs their collection, so they wait until nerfs are long overdue to patch cards. Arena balance could use a 'thumb on the scale' to encourage variety in which classes and cards are picked, but they don't seem interested in behind-the-scenes changes either. And the ladder system is downright primitive. At some point they're going to have to break the paralysis and start actively shepherding the game - maybe starting now, with Standard Format and the nerf wave.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I reinstalled it and had the funniest game right now. Playing the Battle of Tol Barad tavern brawl, which gives a bonus spell you can cast for free whenever you play a minion of a cost equal to that minion. My opponent drops the portal which summons a random minion whenever you play a spell, the plays the 5 cost spell he got for free, and his random minion is the 8/8 for five that makes you burn three cards from your deck whenever your opponent casts a card. I proceed to cast two minions, four free spells, still have mana left, but he concedes :) That was the unluckiest portal stone pull ever :D

I reinstalled it and had the funniest game right now. Playing the Battle of Tol Barad tavern brawl, which gives a bonus spell you can cast for free whenever you play a minion of a cost equal to that minion. My opponent drops the portal which summons a random minion whenever you play a spell, the plays the 5 cost spell he got for free, and his random minion is the 8/8 for five that makes you burn three cards from your deck whenever your opponent casts a card. I proceed to cast two minions, four free spells, still have mana left, but he concedes :) That was the unluckiest portal stone pull ever :D

Every time the RNG screws me over I think about things like this and the time I got to play two Reno Jacksons (etb: restore all your health) with my Golden Monkey deck.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Every time the RNG screws me over I think about things like this and the time I got to play two Reno Jacksons (etb: restore all your health) with my Golden Monkey deck.

I must say, the game is still fun. Maybe part of why I deleted it was because I felt pursuing quests everyday was consuming too much of my time? I mean, I really want to try the two new dungeons that came out since I quit, but I'm not about to pay €40 total for them! Which means you have to harvest lots of gold, which is utterly devastating for your free time...

I must say, the game is still fun. Maybe part of why I deleted it was because I felt pursuing quests everyday was consuming too much of my time? I mean, I really want to try the two new dungeons that came out since I quit, but I'm not about to pay €40 total for them! Which means you have to harvest lots of gold, which is utterly devastating for your free time...

Yeah, I go through massive jags where I play a bunch on my tablet and then don't for months. Casually playing a couple times a week to get my quests and get out usually pays for at least a couple back-to-back arenas when I get into it again. There's no way I'd have been able to ladder or play Constructed as an f2p player so I bought one of the expansions I wanted and farmed gold for the other one (took forever so blackrock mountain isn't worth it to me right now).

Griffin McElroy (My Brother My Brother and Me) over at Polygon does a weekly Hearthstone video with a guy named Phil whose last name I just can not find and they have fantastic chemistry.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Since I reinstalled it a little over a week ago I have gone 7-3 in the Arena once. Let's not mention the other nine results...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to seven wins with the paladin in Arena. How is it that this class is touted as the easiest way to 12 wins?

I still think paladin is the best arena class by far.
Making 1/1s is so insane, paladins early drops are probably the best, weapons are the best
But yeah, making to 12 wins nowadays is really hard.. before the inspire stuff i could do 12 wins back to back, now i haven't gotten 12 wins in months :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
My record (from when I retired before Goblins vs Gnomes, so that's a while back) is 11 wins. Since I picked up the game again I think I made 8 wins once and 7 wins once, the rest are all 1-3's, 2-3's, 4-3's and the occasional 5-3. Can't remember any 3-3's for some reason... I get offered paladin all the time for some reason, but the 8-3 and 7-3 are with a mage and a druid, so I don't think I ever got a post-League of Explorers paladin past 5-3. I just drafted another one yesterday, and currently am at 1-0. We'll see how far that one gets. No Shielded Minibots, no Argent Protector (iirc), no Blessing of Kings, no weapons, only one Consecrate though...

i found that having lots of 2-drops is key.
2-3 is pretty low, 5-7 is great, the most useful tip so far in arena for me.. i used to force too many high costed cards over 2-drops

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
i found that having lots of 2-drops is key.
2-3 is pretty low, 5-7 is great, the most useful tip so far in arena for me.. i used to force too many high costed cards over 2-drops

Yeah, I usually end up with 4-8 two-drops.

Edit: Maybe I just need to watch more Hafu and Kripparian and see what they do differently ;)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Jubilation! I did it! I got to 7 8 wins with a Paladin!

http://www.arenavalue.com/s/d8oSlj

Edit: I won a game at 3 life by playing Ooze while my opponent had a lethal Truesilver Champion equipped :) Lost the last round to a misplay probably. I used Humility on a Shielded Minibot to save my 3/2, but he had the 5/5 that gives a Mech +1/+1, then beat me to death with a 6/7 Ogre just before I was able to stabilize with two North Sea Krakens. Lessons learned, lessons learned...

whskywrshp#1570

I like maintenance games, so every 4 days or so, I am quest clearing. Also, bnet is my go-to desktop messenger service; RIP AIM.

I love what blizz has done with the phone app and collection environment for HS. I just wish the game wasn't a bad miniature warfare experience and instead a good card game experience. Or maybe i wish the game was a great miniature warfare experience...