Hearthstone

Congrats! Arena rogue decks are the most fun arena decks to play, so many decisions and lines. It's nice that Valeera is also the best arena hero :p

Although that is probably going to change after this expansion... Who knows, man

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, rogue is fun! Arena is going to be standard, right? So the Gnomes vs Goblins cards will disappear from the card pool, which will have quite some impact I think!

I don't know whether it will be standard only, but I do know you're more likely to get a. Class cards and b. Cards from the most recent release.

Lool
If you use lots of weapons and especially gorehowl, Reno warrior is pretty cool. It's different than traditional control warrior because you don't necessarily want to end up at 50+ life.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I read the patch notes, but it's all gibberish to me... could someone explain in plain English the ramifications on the decks and classes, for this Hearthstone noob?

Druid can't combo anymore
Rogue lost her best board wipe but can now receive good weapons in the future
A few of the premium aggro minions from classic are nerfed
Owl and BGH are nerfed
Pretty much doing exactly what they set out to do here: slow down aggro so old gods can actually be cast in a regular game, make Classic a set that won't rule out fun designs in future sets, and open up some design space in rogue and Druid, who were both pretty one-dimensional pre-whispers. I like all the changes and will be getting some free dust when the nerfs go live.

Yknow, I don't think gnome is unplayable at all. He goes great with hobgoblin and steward of darkshire now! He's just not an auto include in your aggro deck now - you're looking for some kind of synergy with his effect.
Sarge is great! Let my eggs get in there and fight!

EDIT: now, arcane golem, that poor fella is unplayable. I'll take the 3-mana ogre over golem any day when I want a 4/4 for 3.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yknow, I don't think gnome is unplayable at all. He goes great with hobgoblin and steward of darkshire now! He's just not an auto include in your aggro deck now - you're looking for some kind of synergy with his effect.
Sarge is great! Let my eggs get in there and fight!

EDIT: now, arcane golem, that poor fella is unplayable. I'll take the 3-mana ogre over golem any day when I want a 4/4 for 3.

Hobgoblin is in GvG, so he will leave Standard, and Steward of Darkshire forces you to play your one drop off-turn, which is, well, not ideal, plus Steward is waaay better with 2/1's. Maybe Leper Gnome'll pop up in Wild with Hobgoblin, but I don't think Steward will make him playable. I don't mind Leper Gnome getting nerfed into the ground though, as he was obnoxious and ubiquitous in aggro decks. In general I'm happy with the changes, though Blade Flurry got axed hard, possibly too hard for Rogue control decks to be able to realistically survive near the top.

Rogues are probably going to have to wait for a new board clear to be released. Fan of knives and upheaval I mean vanish don't cut it. And I should know, I play Reno rogue more than any other deck lol.
That said, my guess is rogues will get something cool soon.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Rogues are probably going to have to wait for a new board clear to be released. Fan of knives and upheaval I mean vanish don't cut it. And I should know, I play Reno rogue more than any other deck lol.
That said, my guess is rogues will get something cool soon.

I sure hope so, because right now it looks like Rogue Oil is dead (Flurry severely weakened, namesake Tinker's Sharpsword Oil leaves standard), Raptor Rogue loses a lot of deathrattle creatures, and Malygos Miracle is dead because Flurry doesn't go to the face anymore, right? That's all tier 1-ish Rogue archetypes.

One of my biggest complaints about WOTC is that they take themselves too seriously these days to make a stupid pun card like amgam rager, but ymmv
But hey let's talk about the other zillion cards that got revealed yesterday! Like Evolve and that guy that resurrects c'thun!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Let's talk about the fact that everybody gets C'Thun, two Beckoner of Evil and thirteen boosters for free! That's insane! Big, big kudos to Blizzard!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also, the neutral commons and rares look a bit lackluster. Looks like they are dialing down the power level of non-class cards?

200px-Disciple_of_C%27Thun%2835196%29.png
200px-Shifter_Zerus%2835190%29.png
200px-Fandral_Staghelm%2835208%29.png
200px-Princess_Huhuran%2835188%29.png
200px-Faceless_Summoner%2833178%29.png
200px-Flamewreathed_Faceless%2835226%29.png

Some of the coolest cards imo.